Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-02-2022, 05:03 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 48 EXCERPT:
I'm waiting with baited breath for the answer to that question.
How dirty is your reflecting mirror?
Still Waters,

Maybe not so much dirty….perhaps we need to make sure we are looking directly at the mirror….clearly focused, so to say……
Old 16-02-2022, 05:04 PM
Talking Ref post 50

Quote:
A foundation based on purification practices and direct experiences becomes unshakeable.

There are, however, many intellectuals who simply study the scriptural "map"
forever without ever going beyond that into the stillness/silence.
(IS unshakeable)
Shh, let's not talk about 'them'----the intellectuals happy with no direct exp, shall we?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2022, 05:30 PM
Molearner

Quote:
A foundation based on purification practices and direct experiences becomes unshakeable.
:
Still Waters,

Speaking of foundation…..”the stone which the builders rejected” comes to mind…..
Old 16-02-2022, 05:32 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
QUOTE 48 EXCERPT:I'm waiting with baited breath for the answer to that question.
How dirty is your reflecting mirror?
Just when I get one layer gone it seems there is yet another.
I keep faith and hope alive though.
Old 16-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Molearner

My pursuit of this thread has been sidetracked….:). I started rereading Meditations on the Tarot by Anonymous (Valentin Tomberg). The very first chapter is devoted in large part to the silence of meditation. It covers so much of the foundation that we are discussing. If you have access to this consider reading that first chapter again….
Old 17-02-2022, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still Waters, Maybe not so much dirty….perhaps we need to make sure we are looking directly at the mirror….clearly focused, so to say……
My mischievous side is showing, eh? One of my friends, who knows me very well and has seen me interact at numerous "spiritual" gatherings, has said that it's a "miracle" when I behave.
As you can see, I couldn't resist the temptation to question ImThatIm on the reference to the dirty reflecting mirror.

In any case, as you pointed out, it's important to be CLEARLY focused.
Old 17-02-2022, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Just when I get one layer gone it seems there is yet another.
I keep faith and hope alive though.

Isn't that the truth?

Once we think we've addressed everything, another layer pops up!

It's a fascinating journey without distance !
Old 17-02-2022, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(IS unshakeable)
Shh, let's not talk about 'them'----the intellectuals happy with no direct exp, shall we?

Is it possible that you're becoming as BAD as me?
Old 17-02-2022, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
My pursuit of this thread has been sidetracked….:). I started rereading Meditations on the Tarot by Anonymous (Valentin Tomberg). The very first chapter is devoted in large part to the silence of meditation...
I just downloaded the PDF for this book and the first chapter (the Magician) looks interesting.

"That which they reveal are not secrets, i.e. things hidden by
human will, but are arcana, which is something quite different. An arcanum is
that which it is necessary to “know” in order to be fruitful in a given domain
of spiritual life."

I actually did Tarot Card readings in the past and they were uncannily accurate as indicating the conditions in the PRESENT HERE-AND-NOW. Of course,I went into meditation before doing a reading so that the "higher power" energy flowed through me and "selected" the appropriate cards in the appropriate positions of the Celtic Spread that I was using. I did not charge for readings as it seemed inappropriate for something that was FLOWING FREELY through me.

I will look at it more closely later when I have more time.

However, I am wondering what parts have caught your attention thus far?
Old 20-02-2022, 09:07 PM
Molearner

Quote:
was FLOWING FREELY through me.

I will look at it more closely later when I have more time.

However, I am wondering what parts have caught your attention thus far?

Still Waters,

Sorry….somehow I missed your response……

As far as catching my attention it ends up being everything….:). This particular book is almost like a second Bible for me. Really fleshes out many things on a deeper level…metaphorically, esoterically, spiritually. My attraction to it had nothing to do with tarot cards. Was recommended by an online group from some years ago that really looked at things in depth…..not any one line responses to disagree…..but focused on sharing and expanding understanding.

I highlighted ‘flowing freely’ because the site that I sent you in a PM reminded me that ‘influence’ means in-flowing…..an inflowing of stimuli……