Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-12-2020, 06:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Heard sound

I was meditating to clear the solar plexus chakra and listening to music. At the end of the meditation just as the music stopped and I was thinking about opening my eyes, I heard a voice say HAH. Not mean or happy just very matter a fact tone. I don't know what to make of this. Does anyone have any ideas or information about this type of experience? Thank you in advance!
Old 01-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Knower
I've had auditory hallucinations (*) before falling asleep and upon waking up, and sometimes - though not usually - this included spoken words, so it doesn't surprise me that this happened to you in meditation.

To me these words have always sounded incoherent and devoid of meaning (I've not been able to interpret them in any useful way). The first times this happened I of course wondered if someone was actually trying to communicate, but now I no longer really consider this possibility (when it happens, I don't pay much attention to it anymore, and in any case, it happens rarely). But maybe other people have had different experiences?

(*) I'm not using that word to make a judgement about whether the sound is "real", just to indicate that it's a sound that only you are hearing.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Considering it was during meditation and you were most like very relaxed it might be hypnagogia. It's kind of like when the body becomes very relaxed when falling off to sleep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia#Sounds

Hypnagogia is interesting. For me it's most noticeable if I'm tired during the day, engaged in some mental activity when the body is relatively still like work, especially after lunch and doing something boring on my laptop, and I begin to nod out. As the eyes close patterns form and begin to take the shape of a dream. You know, getting the nods while awake?

Another is the hypnagogic jerk, that sensation of a sudden fall when going to sleep. I used to get that all the time when younger but haven't in many, many years.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:18 PM
And I come from a place of -there are spirits around us all the time ---our guides, or angels or
loved ones checking in on us.
Sometimes their voices bleed thru to this world or rather we are able to tune in.
No big deal, to me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2021, 01:38 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And I come from a place of -there are spirits around us all the time ---our guides, or angels or
Sometimes their voices bleed thru to this world or rather we are able to tune in.
No big deal, to me.

That's possible too. The distinction I might make is whether it's intelligible or not. Also whether it's that little verbal voice I'm familiar with or as best I can describe something that's instantaneously "implanted" and I become aware of. Maybe that last bit is a subtle distinction but it is a distinction I seem to be able to make.

EDIT: Also my level of awareness. That is am I wide awake or falling to sleep or drowsy and getting the nods.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:28 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
No big deal, to me.
I have seen and detected spirits and ghosts since childhood so you statement has real meaning.I prefer living in a house where they are seldom present, as I have lived in some severely haunted ones in the past.I attract them, and sometimes reside with three or more until I can send them into the light.One house I couldn't even sell because it creeped people out as soon as they entered and they didn't know why.When my employer discovered I had no fear of ghosts, they placed me at night shift in a haunted school, that scared the previous nightshift workers away.The spirit tried everything to scare me[playing with lights, electricals and security alarms] but eventually,almost a year later, I gently persuaded her to move on to the light.She even came home once and scared my wife, and I had to tell her to be extra nice, and never to go into my car again.She[13 year old girl] had haunted there for almost 45 years, and didn't even know she was dead.That is sometimes the hardest part of sending folks to the light, is that they either don't even believe in an afterlife,or refuse to believe they aren't dreaming.........My strange talents have been hard on me over the years, and I now prefer to be left alone by ghosts and spirits.They don't like the house I live in now, as it is situated on a vortex of energy, and stay clear of me now, in my old age.I would still help any suffering spirit discovered, to find it's way back home.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:42 PM
Master

I hear music, voices talking and see incredible images.

The messages that I hear are almost all the time coherent, I hear them as if someone is talking with me in real life. It's quite amazing, I never thought this is possible but it is.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtuner
I have seen and detected spirits and ghosts since childhood so you statement has real meaning.I prefer living in a house where they are seldom present, as I have lived in some severely haunted ones in the past.I attract them, and sometimes reside with three or more until I can send them into the light.One house I couldn't even sell because it creeped people out as soon as they entered and they didn't know why.When my employer discovered I had no fear of ghosts, they placed me at night shift in a haunted school, that scared the previous nightshift workers away.The spirit tried everything to scare me[playing with lights, electricals and security alarms] but eventually,almost a year later, I gently persuaded her to move on to the light.She even came home once and scared my wife, and I had to tell her to be extra nice, and never to go into my car again.She[13 year old girl] had haunted there for almost 45 years, and didn't even know she was dead.That is sometimes the hardest part of sending folks to the light, is that they either don't even believe in an afterlife,or refuse to believe they aren't dreaming.........My strange talents have been hard on me over the years, and I now prefer to be left alone by ghosts and spirits.They don't like the house I live in now, as it is situated on a vortex of energy, and stay clear of me now, in my old age.I would still help any suffering spirit discovered, to find it's way back home.

Nice! I had some similar experiences, beyond that scary look there's almost all the time a nice human being searching for understanding, acceptance and love. If you really get to met these beings, they are quite nice. I don't remember ever showing them the light, I am still learning.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtuner
The spirit tried everything to scare me[playing with lights, electricals and security alarms] but eventually,almost a year later, I gently persuaded her to move on to the light.She even came home once and scared my wife, and I had to tell her to be extra nice, and never to go into my car again.She[13 year old girl] had haunted there for almost 45 years,
and didn't even know she was dead.That is sometimes the hardest part of sending folks to the light, is that they either don't even believe in an afterlife,or refuse to believe they aren't dreaming.....
I understand...that's why I was told to say, basically - 'Turn around do u see a light? Look, Do see your family and friends waving?
They're calling for you -they're happy cuz they want you to come join them !"
Things like that.

Btw! Welcome here!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru