Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Experiencer
I think angels are a slightly different kettle of fish, but I repeated this question to one of my guides and he said "practice". :)

He is only half-joking, because he then showed me how all of his many experiences on Earth (he has had sixty or so human lifetimes) taught him to manage human emotions, good and bad, and brought him to a place where he he could deal with them so well he need only feel what he wanted to feel - love, joy, and compassion. Of course if we could choose the way we feel, we would never feel anything else!

I don't know about you, but I struggle enormously managing my emotions (in my case, mostly fear and guilt, but I know others deal with anger, or depression, and so on). We are so immersed in these human emotions that we find it difficult to imagine what life would be like without them. But life in the spirit world can be without them. It seems to be one of the most important aspects of our Earthly experiences that we learn how to process negative emotions, and heal from them - right here, right now, you are learning how to be like a guide, and one day you will be. This is something I try to take comfort from when I am struggling with some facet of my own emotional experience - my guides often remind me of it.

Love and light to you as well.
Old 26-03-2011, 08:46 PM
The Feather

Angels are not stuck in emotions and therefore they can love unconditionally - and yes it is possible you you to love like that. You would not be able to feel the love from an angel unless you have that love within already.
Old 26-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXHauntedxLadyXx
I believe love is in each of us, because there are so many people in our lives that we just love without any reason, for example brothers or sisters.

I think it would be a mistake to assume love is in each of us.. It's my belief that some (just some) simply don't have the capacity to love, they cannot love, not even a tiny bit.

I'm not hoping to upset you, I just think it would be a mistake to assume such a thing..

Old 26-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
We are so immersed in these human emotions that we find it difficult to imagine what life would be like without them. But life in the spirit world can be without them. It seems to be one of the most important aspects of our Earthly experiences that we learn how to process negative emotions, and heal from them - right here, right now, you are learning how to be like a guide, and one day you will be.

Gosh! Life in the spirit world can be without emotion? To me that's frightening! No emotions for me makes me assume I would be left with a flat unmoving experience? A zombie like existance?

Old 27-03-2011, 01:21 PM
xXHauntedxLadyXx

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

I think it would be a mistake to assume love is in each of us.. It's my belief that some (just some) simply don't have the capacity to love, they cannot love, not even a tiny bit.

I'm not hoping to upset you, I just think it would be a mistake to assume such a thing..

Well, you may be right, but there are only few people who simply cannot love, not even their family. Myself, I've never met that kind of human being (if they can be called that way). I was talking about normal people, most of us. I can't say anything about the minority, because I know nothing about them. But usually, yeah, I do believe love is in ALMOST each of us.
Old 27-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

Gosh! Life in the spirit world can be without emotion? To me that's frightening! No emotions for me makes me assume I would be left with a flat unmoving experience? A zombie like existance?

No, now that I look at it, I phrased that badly. I meant without negative emotion, or without the human kind of emotion which is so complicated and mixed up with our instincts and entrained reactions.
Spirits certainly have emotions! I can feel happiness and love and amusement and sympathy and all sorts of other emotions from my spirit friends.

But emotions are a much simpler business where they are, and they never need to feel anything they don't want to.

With regard to negative people, I certainly think it is possible for a person (whether human or spirit) to be in such a dark place that they are unable to register or express positive emotion. But I think we are all on a journey toward love, and toward realising ourselves as beings of love, and while some of us may be further from it than others, we will all eventually reach it.