Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-10-2020, 06:17 PM
Master
Exclamation 😃 WHAT ISN'T EGO 😃

We have heard so much about what is Ego,
so why not talk about what Ego is not?

By looking at what Ego is not, we probably
will have a better understanding of what Ego is.

Please present your views as to what Ego is not.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-10-2020, 07:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Perception, sensation, thought, emotion, memory, discernment, cognition.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
We have heard so much about what is Ego,
so why not talk about what Ego is not?
By looking at what Ego is not, we probably
will have a better understanding of what Ego is.
Please present your views as to what Ego is
the answer is very simple,
spirit
Old 02-10-2020, 12:51 AM
janielee

Rah nam - SOS

Old 02-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
I’m not really an ‘ego define’ me type person. But I am aware of the integration process and what one could say ‘contains itself’ . When your free from containment, open an aware, your being thrives from a place of self love, understanding of clarity of being, understands itself illuminated to itself. Radiance of the true self just is. It’s boundless and not contained by anything.

In this process one could say, their spirit nature is the leading lady.. ..��
Old 02-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
the answer is very simple,
spirit
Yes, it is really that simple...
...and the soul is the primary representative of Spirit in each human being.

~ J
Old 02-10-2020, 04:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Allow me to flesh out my understanding.

I labeled perception, sensation, thought, emotion, memory, discernment, cognition as not being ego. My understanding is ego (ahamkara) is that function of chitta that appropriates ownership of the aforementioned functions of chitta. My perception, my sensation, my thought, my emotion, etc...

In effect ego is more or less a coequal function of chitta but assumes a superior position, a position of "I Am" and all these other functions belong to "Me", inferior functions of an integrated "Me". The false sense of self.

All these functions plus body (which includes sense organs and nervous system/brain) plus external reality (and its internalization via body and within chitta) are but manifestations of the Unmanifest.

Seer and seen. Eyes see object. Brain sees eyes. Chitta (mind) sees brain. Chit sees chitta.

Sat-Chit-Ananda experiences Itself through that chain, which are all manifestations of Itself, the Unmanifest.

Anyway that's my understanding of how ego fits into non-duality. This is a window into my understanding of an extremely deep and complex philosophy and of course it can't do it justice as I've only explored a tiny piece and not in its native language.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 02-10-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:03 PM
1337_d00d

Programs of the mind running contrary to our nature I would say. The mind makes a false assesment of the world and reality and then lives according to that assesment/simulation.

On another level these programs block the Christ/kundalini energy. Thus you could say that the "ego" are thoughts of this nature.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
Programs of the mind running contrary to our nature I would say. The mind makes a false assesment of the world and reality and then lives according to that assesment/simulation.

On another level these programs block the Christ/kundalini energy. Thus you could say that the "ego" are thoughts of this nature.

That could raise another interesting and related topic: What is "mind"?

The word gets bandied about a lot like "love" but seems to have no meaning.'Programs of the mind running' suggests it's a processor. Of what, I wonder?

Old 03-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Hello John,
Aristotle principle of non contradiction, saying that A is different than Non-A,
leads us in a syntax illusion of knowledge.
IMHO
Regards