Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Master
I am thankful that I am able to be thankful. It is a blessing just to be able to enjoy life, especially the simple things in life. When I returned from the war in Vietnam I was a very angry and bitter person. I was mad at the universe; their was a black could that enveloped me and followed me around. I hated myself and was angry at life. I had lost my eyesight due to war and I struggled for more than a year to accept that. I was mad at the U.S. government also.

It took more than a decade for me to turn things around and come to appreciate living. In the beginning it started with me getting into the helping profession, and helping others, after I got my eyesight back. Then I learned how to quiet my mind and that took me deeper. Without a chattering mind my life became simpler. Through much work on myself I found love inside of myself. And I learned that I did not need to have a reason to love or to be happy. Self-love helped to remove that dark cloud.

Happiness for me became a natural state of being; joy and happiness helped to open my heart. Going from the pain and anger I had experienced during the Vietnam War, to the love and fulfillment of life, which I now have, was a journey. A journey that required a lot of self exploration on an increasingly deep level. I am thankful that I am no longer in that horrible space of self loathing, pain and anger. I am thankful for the light that is now in my life, and the ability to be able to appreciate that light.
Old 25-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am thankful that I am able to be thankful. It is a blessing just to be able to enjoy life, especially the simple things in life. When I returned from the war in Vietnam I was a very angry and bitter person. I was mad at the universe; their was a black could that enveloped me and followed me around. I hated myself and was angry at life. I had lost my eyesight due to war and I struggled for more than a year to accept that. I was mad at the U.S. government also.

It took more than a decade for me to turn things around and come to appreciate living. In the beginning it started with me getting into the helping profession, and helping others, after I got my eyesight back. Then I learned how to quiet my mind and that took me deeper. Without a chattering mind my life became simpler. Through much work on myself I found love inside of myself. And I learned that I did not need to have a reason to love or to be happy. Self-love helped to remove that dark cloud.

Happiness for me became a natural state of being; joy and happiness helped to open my heart. Going from the pain and anger I had experienced during the Vietnam War, to the love and fulfillment of life, which I now have, was a journey. A journey that required a lot of self exploration on an increasingly deep level. I am thankful that I am no longer in that horrible space of self loathing, pain and anger. I am thankful for the light that is now in my life, and the ability to be able to appreciate that light.

Starman, you made it, but not everybody makes it.

But then, you have helped a lot of others.............

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Master
I am thankful that I've had the opportunity to help others in my life through the careers and jobs I've had. Be it of national and community services. Overcoming of physical disabilities and the direction my life has gone is and where it's going.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 25-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
I am thankful that I've had the opportunity to help others in my life through the careers and jobs I've had. Be it of national and community services. Overcoming of physical disabilities and the direction my life has gone is and where it's going.

Overcoming physical disabilities is something I have had to overcome, so in a way, I know a little bit about what you are talking about.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Overcoming physical disabilities is something I have had to overcome, so in a way, I know a little bit about what you are talking about.
15 years ago I had a stroke. Right side (arm/hand & leg) and speech affected. 6 years ago had half of my left leg amputated due to the love of martial arts I was into.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Old 25-09-2020, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
What did you have to overcome BigJohn?

Old 25-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Master
My ability to heal, persevere, and the sun shinning on me while i was running.

The opportunity to do what i enjoy.
Old 25-09-2020, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
It's funny in a peculiar way that I can finish both my sons and wifes sentences, know what they're about to say when watching a movie together that we've never watched before I pick what is going to be said minutes before it said. I pick up on everyone's moods which can be quite draining, especially if everyone in the house has the irrates (a rare occasion). I have to leave the scene otherwise I explode which is not pretty considering in my youth I was a very angry young man. At least my immediate family understand me now. The extended family have no clue. They would find it difficult to comprehend. Not very open-minded people. What you gain on the swing, you lose on the roundabout.

Yes empathic sensitivity is quite the roll.. lol

My extended family thought I was the odd child growing up especially six boys. Interestingly now they have a lot of respect for me and everything I’m able to create and be as a sensitive.

I remember one time one brother said to me. “Well if you can read animals and people tell me what’s wrong with my dog?” He needed direct proof and this was his moment. Lol. I sat quietly with the dog, placed my hands on him and after a few mins of listening. I said “there is something wrong with both his ears” I think I added “inflammation”. His face dropped and then he smiled. “How did you know that?” (Apparently the dog had a vet visit and three hundred dollar bill to have this diagnosed that morning) I replied. “Presence and listening work a treat!”
Old 25-09-2020, 11:16 PM
Master
Genuine gratitude requires humility, and it is built into a humble nature.
Old 25-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Starman, you made it, but not everybody makes it.

But then, you have helped a lot of others.............
I know this too well, having heard of many, and known some, veterans from a lot of different wars, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., who took their own life because of the pain and anguish they experienced from war. My being able to help others helped me, and I also know lots of military veterans who took the same path, of helping others, and it bought healing to them as well.

Interesting how today the U.S. VA hospitals are teaching veterans how to quiet their mind and do meditation to alleviate some of the symptoms of combat-related ptsd. I learned how to meditate from a guru back in the 1970’s before it had ever entered mainstream society. In my opinion, we often have to go through hell to get to heaven, and most have to put the work in on themselves to make it.