Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-09-2020, 08:00 AM
Deactivated Account
What is it for YOU?

Mediumship for me personally means......

discuss
Old 02-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Master

I am pretty sure you aren't asking for a hundred variants of the wikipedia article on this topic.

For me, mediumship opens a communication line to what is essentially an advanced multi-genre laboratium at Harvard or MIT. With information I get there, I can help others learn things and I can learn things. I become the guy who knows a guy who knows guys. I feel it gives my life more meaning than if I was helping nobody and learning nothing.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Master
To me medium is the liquid I use when painting.
When it comes to the spiritual and energywork I don't use it. I find it a really vague, rather meaningless term.
If someone says they're a healer, reader, Tarot/card reader, oracle etc. at least I know what they're talking about and what it is they do. Or clair... (voyant/cognizant/audient/sentient).

I have the same problem with 'psychic'. WTH does that mean? And why say it? Is it meant to sound interesting?
Old 02-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I am pretty sure you aren't asking for a hundred variants of the wikipedia article on this topic.

You should be totally sure because I was deliberately specific when I made the title (regarding mediumship) "What is it for YOU"

Quote:
For me, mediumship opens a communication line to what is essentially an advanced multi-genre laboratium at Harvard or MIT. With information I get there, I can help others learn things and I can learn things. I become the guy who knows a guy who knows guys. I feel it gives my life more meaning than if I was helping nobody and learning nothing.

It appears to mean - for YOU - something specific without your actually having said what that is. But maybe I'm just too thick to understand what you wrote?
Old 02-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal

When it comes to the spiritual and energywork I don't use it. I find it a really vague, rather meaningless term.

That's puzzling; if it's vague and meaningless, how can you know you don't use it?

Quote:
If someone says they're a healer, reader, Tarot/card reader, oracle etc. at least I know what they're talking about.....

As do I.

Quote:
....and what it is they do. Or clair... (voyant/cognizant/audient/sentient).

Are they not distinctions without a difference? As I understand those words, clairvoyance, claircognisance, clairaudience and clairsentience are nouns associated with mediumship ie 'a clairvoyant' is a clairvoyant medium.
But I acknowledge others use those words in other ways but I really was just asking what mediumship is to an individual.

Quote:
I have the same problem with 'psychic'. WTH does that mean?

That's a good and highly relevant question and one I'm always happy to discuss. But it's one better considered - I respectfully suggest - in a different context.

Quote:
And why say it? Is it meant to sound interesting?

You'd have to ask those questions of the individuals who use that word (me included) but again it's one better suited - I suggest - to a different thread. From what you have written, though, I have deduced that mediumship has little, or nothing, for you.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
That's puzzling; if it's vague and meaningless, how can you know you don't use it?
Easy: I'm quite aware of what words I utter :)

As do I.

Are they not distinctions without a difference? As I understand those words, clairvoyance, claircognisance, clairaudience and clairsentience are nouns associated with mediumship ie 'a clairvoyant' is a clairvoyant medium.
But I acknowledge others use those words in other ways but I really was just asking what mediumship is to an individual.

And I'm answering your question. I can't help it if it'snt to your liking.

That's a good and highly relevant question and one I'm always happy to discuss. But it's one better considered - I respectfully suggest - in a different context.
It was a rethorical question, so no need to respectfully suggest.

You'd have to ask those questions of the individuals who use that word (me included) but again it's one better suited - I suggest - to a different thread.
Again, why should I?
From what you have written, though, I have deduced that mediumship has little, or nothing, for you.
Do you always overanalyze someone else?
Again, YOU ask a question, I answer it and you're not happy about it?
Maybe you should have given strict guidelines for people to follow before they reply?
Old 02-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob

It appears to mean - for YOU - something specific without your actually having said what that is. But maybe I'm just too thick to understand what you wrote?

More specific that that? I ask the Powers That Be to connect me with someone's guide, and open a mental viewing screen. I ask questions and receive images in return.

However, that is the task description. The MEANING of it for me is to be able to help, and to learn. As I said.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Do you always overanalyze someone else?

never, no - Always by the right amount.

Quote:
Again, YOU ask a question, I answer it and you're not happy about it?

Why do you believe I'm not happy with what you wrote?

Quote:
Maybe you should have given strict guidelines for people to follow before they reply?

Is that what you'd truly like?
I asked a question, you replied and I responded in turn. Isn't that how forum conversations develop?
Old 02-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
More specific that that? I ask the Powers That Be to connect me with someone's guide, and open a mental viewing screen. I ask questions and receive images in return.

However, that is the task description. The MEANING of it for me is to be able to help, and to learn. As I said.

thank you - That was easier for me to follow.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Are they not distinctions without a difference? As I understand those words, clairvoyance, claircognisance, clairaudience and clairsentience are nouns associated with mediumship ie 'a clairvoyant' is a clairvoyant medium. But I acknowledge others use those words in other ways but I really was just asking what mediumship is to an individual.

Quote:
And I'm answering your question. I can't help it if it'snt to your liking.

Liking or not liking was not my motivator. I was doing my best to understand what you'd written earlier.

Quote:
Quote:
It was a rethorical question, so no need to respectfully suggest.

That your question was rhetorical I hadn't understood - my bad. I was simply being polite when I said 'respectfully'.

Quote:
You'd have to ask those questions of the individuals who use that word (me included) but again it's one better suited - I suggest - to a different thread.
Quote:
Again, why should I?

Why, of course you absolutely shouldn't because you were being rhetorical but I hadn't understood. Now I do.

This conversation was an invitation to members to tell us what mediumship means to/for them as individuals.