Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-07-2016, 01:53 AM
Master
Mental illness has nothing whatsoever to do with the chakras. It has to do with the physical brain.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Mental illness has nothing whatsoever to do with the chakras. It has to do with the physical brain.
All chakras are connected to the physical body. Each chakra corresponds with the physical body. Ever heard the term Mind, body, soul? It's all connected for a purpose. You can't have one thing only and single it out from the rest of the system. They all work in tandem.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Knower
That makes sense about depression but what about mania?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellarnova
I am brand new and know next to nothing about chakras. I don't have a mentor or anyone to explain this to me.

For most of my life I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, however some therapists say I do not meet the criteria. I'm not interested in the label, as I believe its all on the same spectrum.

I'm tired of having to take medication and seeing no results, tired of going to therapy, and tired of feeling this way.

Ive come to the conclusion that I must have an energy blockage that is causing me to be this way. Does anyone have an idea of which it could be?

Thank you.

Probably stomach/solar plexus. Thats what seems to relate for me.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 03-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Master
I am pretty sure that mental illness is a spiritual problem.
The organic brain is a factor but not the underlying cause.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDawn
All chakras are connected to the physical body. Each chakra corresponds with the physical body. Ever heard the term Mind, body, soul? It's all connected for a purpose. You can't have one thing only and single it out from the rest of the system. They all work in tandem.

The chakras are never "ill"
They open to light and close to darkness period.
The one who is messed up is the ego when it identifies with loss or other survival experiences.
The ego controls the mind, even if on a subconscious level.
That manifests through the chakras - basically the ego is closing down the chakras when it is in depression or anxiety.
When there is a brain malfunction or nervous system malfunction this can also result in mental illness.
Trauma does leave its mark on the physical cells and the way the glands function and all of that (study your neurobiology)
In the case of physical malfunction the mind is not able to function normally in and through the physical body.
That's the difference.

Mind and body impact one another.
Soul is in a tug of war between purified ego and messed up ego.
Soul is also impacted by mind and body when it should be controlling both.
To control both is the purpose of enlightenment.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The one who is messed up is the ego when it identifies with loss or other survival experiences.

I've once come across one who had like withered chakras like saltanas due to a demon possession (she was completely unresponsive except the demon). I wouldnt say her chakras with this were healthy, not only where they withered but they couldnt even respond right to the energy I projected at them. Like were jammed or something. They were a mess.

I've also come across chakras which dont spin right.. have a wobble to them. (maybe they had one sided blocks I dont know, I just could fell them wobbling).
Old 04-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I've once come across one who had like withered chakras like saltanas due to a demon possession (she was completely unresponsive except the demon). I wouldnt say her chakras with this were healthy, not only where they withered but they couldnt even respond right to the energy I projected at them. Like were jammed or something. They were a mess.

I've also come across chakras which dont spin right.. have a wobble to them. (maybe they had one sided blocks I dont know, I just could fell them wobbling).

I can't comment about what you saw. It makes sense from that point of view. I'm just saying that it's the ego that controls the chakras and not the other way around. It's the ego that is the cause (even in allowing something demonic to enter) and it's the ego that can change things - together with grace and probably therapy and other treatments. In an instant one can choose to project love, one can choose to send prana to whatever chakra they want. These things help to open up the chakra. Awakened Kundalini is the power of the Universe helping to open them up from the inside. My "I" only needs to cooperate with that. For me it's so empowering to know that the deeper I go into my spiritual being, the more power I have over my mental and physical states.

My teacher has also made the analogy of a magnet. That the chakras need to be aligned with a Higher Power, or a Higher Self - the more Light one expresses, the more it helps in that alignment. The experience of being in alignment with the Divine is pure joy. The power of mind becomes very small, can't effect the ego anymore...and the chakras spin normally again.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Experiencer
This is a very interest and helpful thread :) I have had some mental illness that I have been able to better control with more understanding of them and more spirituality. Both combined has helped me through my rough days.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The ego controls the mind, even if on a subconscious level.
That manifests through the chakras - basically the ego is closing down the chakras when it is in depression or anxiety.
When there is a brain malfunction or nervous system malfunction this can also result in mental illness.
Trauma does leave its mark on the physical cells and the way the glands function and all of that (study your neurobiology)
In the case of physical malfunction the mind is not able to function normally in and through the physical body.
That's the difference.

Mind and body impact one another.
Soul is in a tug of war between purified ego and messed up ego.
Soul is also impacted by mind and body when it should be controlling both.
To control both is the purpose of enlightenment.

No one said chakras are ill?
You'll find the crown chakra when unbalanced corresponds with depression which is termed as a mental illness. There are of course other symptoms when unbalanced. Not just depression.

The Op wanted to know which chakra corresponds with mental illness. Not chakras being ill.
Maybe you don't know this. But chakras can become unbalanced and even blocked due to traumas and distresses. Maybe you could do some reading up on it.