Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-08-2020, 03:12 AM
traceyacey12

will we ever be able to prevent bad things from happening?

Hi, will we ever be able to prevent bad things from happening by looking into the future somehow? If so, how will it be done?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)
Old 15-08-2020, 03:39 AM
Master

Probably at individual level it is more doable, but not at global level.

You can succeed in somewhat foreseeing probable futures, the probability fast decreasing with time. Assuming free-will, you should be able to change your future, but only what depends on you, not what depends on others. You can avoid others, but you can't change them, or what they do.

How to do it? Get in trance, project into the future, come back and act accordingly. You can tell to others about what you learned, but it is unlikely to have a bigger impact.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-08-2020, 04:29 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Probably at individual level it is more doable, but not at global level.

You can succeed in somewhat foreseeing probable futures, the probability fast decreasing with time. Assuming free-will, you should be able to change your future, but only what depends on you, not what depends on others. You can avoid others, but you can't change them, or what they do.

How to do it? Get in trance, project into the future, come back and act accordingly. You can tell to others about what you learned, but it is unlikely to have a bigger impact.

hey, thanks for the reply :)

do you say 'somewhat forsee' because predicting the future depends on you being at least somewhat familiar with things about the event? maybe that the brain needs to be familiar with aspects of the future in order for you to pick it up?

i hope that makes sense
Old 15-08-2020, 04:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
hey, thanks for the reply :)

do you say 'somewhat forsee' because predicting the future depends on you being at least somewhat familiar with things about the event? maybe that the brain needs to be familiar with aspects of the future in order for you to pick it up?

i hope that makes sense
I believe that we don't think with our brains, but that is another discussion.

I wrote "somewhat foresee", because such experiences are affected by distortions caused by our beliefs, expectations, emotions. They also depend on the quality of the projection you can achieve. When you have out-of-body experiences you notice that the reality you observe isn't identical with the one you experience while awake; you notice some anomalies.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi, will we ever be able to prevent bad things from happening by looking into the future somehow? If so, how will it be done?

This is a 'Back To The Future' type of question - could we change events if we found out in advance of them happening? As inavalan has indicated, potentially one might change them to some degree at a local level but you probably couldn't influence global events.

It's debatable whether even our friends unseen in the 'world of the spirit' can - or do - influence large scale or global events. I've heard folk suggest that can be the case but there's no way to prove such claims.

From what I've heard it does appear they can influence certain events on a personal level but whether that would be by 'preventing bad things from happening' is less certain. Sometimes 'bad things' are events that help shape and enhance our spiritual progress.
Old 15-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Lorelyen

We tend to see things good or bad purely from the human viewpoint, never from the ecology's. (We're just a tiny part of the ecology and it will adjust to meet its many changing conditions oblivious to what humans feel but in response to how they treat it. If they mess about with it, it'll adjust to a new level.) So much of what humans do fights Nature (the ecology) without either knowledge or concern of how it works.
Humans are a flawed design. They seem unable to asses the good and bad about what they do. As individuals and as a species they have an overrated belief in their righteousness.
Old 19-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Master

Quote:
We (each) create our own reality and there are far too many different ones in conflict with each other.
Old 20-08-2020, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:

you can't prevent "bad thing's" but bad thing's are only a state of mind. It all depends on how you look at things. Maybe look at "bad things" only as a inconvenience. A inconvenience to be built on.... A blank canvas.