Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 29-08-2020, 07:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Religion can connect :)

Yes Religion can be a great thing. And there are aspects of the Religion I was brought with, Catholicism, that will stay with me till I leave this body, Good things on the whole. But the point I wanted to make is to acknowledge and remember that all Religions have a shadow and sometimes that shadow is debilitating for individuals, for society and for the greater good of humanity. I don't think any of us should be so arrogant as to forget that.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Yes Religion can be a great thing. And there are aspects of the Religion I was brought with, Catholicism, that will stay with me till I leave this body, Good things on the whole. But the point I wanted to make is to acknowledge and remember that all Religions have a shadow and sometimes that shadow is debilitating for individuals, for society and for the greater good of humanity. I don't think any of us should be so arrogant as to forget that.

I don't feel a religion itself has a shadow side unless it has been altered by one or more persons.
Old 19-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
Yes, this. It's like the story of the blind men and the elephant:

A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it they groped about it. In the case of the first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said "This being is like a thick snake". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, the elephant is a pillar like a tree-trunk. The blind man who placed his hand upon its side said the elephant, "is a wall". Another who felt its tail, described it as a rope. The last felt its tusk, stating the elephant is that which is hard, smooth and like a spear.

I love this story and use it often to explain how we all can only ever experience a small part of the divine, but believe only our perspective is the full view.