Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-07-2011, 02:46 PM
deepsea

Would you compare astral travel to dreaming,I am talking about Lucid dreaming here?
Old 20-07-2011, 03:09 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Would you compare astral travel to dreaming,I am talking about Lucid dreaming here?
I wouldn't call it a lucid dream, but I would not say that it is not.. It's like an in between. You remember it for sure and are in control of the dream like state. You can go anywhere, fly as your soul anywhere, travel to other dimensions, and just have total freedom.
Old 20-07-2011, 07:46 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I used to astrol travel all the time. We don't actually leave our physical bodies. Otherwise we'd be dead, but we can exist in multiple places at the same time, just like science is finding out that a specific subatomic particle can exist in multiple places at the same time. I think astrol travel is fun. I don't know about etheric. You'd be amazed at the intuitive guidance you'll receive with astrol travel.

It's an 'animating spirit' which is our 'true' self and it's this that leaves the body briefly..... It's still tethered by the so-called silver cord although this allows movement beyond the constraints of the physical.

We're not exactly existing in multiple places at the same time because we're living in the physical and our spirits simply visit 'at arm's length' the nearby Astral dimension. We don't exist in the Astral because this level is that of discarnate existence. If we existed there our physical attachment to this world would have been broken - we'd be 'dead' as we say in this dimension.....

As I pointed out elsewhere, the Astral is just one plane of the many found in the non-physical, the etheric, levels.
Old 20-07-2011, 07:49 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea

Dreaming is dreaming, lucid or otherwise.

Astral travel/projection may give very similar feelings to that of lucid dreaming but AP may allow more 'active control' of situations dependent on the ability of the individual concerned.....
Old 20-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Master
there are many various planes, and each of us has a body on each of them, that lives a life whether we are aware of it or not.the major difference between each of them is the state of consciousness each has, and none of these are the actual soul...the astral is the most often mentioned one, but there are several beyond that level...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 20-07-2011, 08:02 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
there are many various planes, and each of us has a body on each of them, that lives a life whether we are aware of it or not.the major difference between each of them is the state of consciousness each has, and none of these are the actual soul...the astral is the most often mentioned one, but there are several beyond that level...

"there are many various planes, and each of us has a body on each of them,..........." not so - That's just a notion without any supporting evidence.
Old 20-07-2011, 08:17 PM
3dnow

Are we constantly connected to the astral plane without noticing it?

Thanks,

3dnow
Old 20-07-2011, 08:47 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Are we constantly connected to the astral plane without noticing it?

Thanks,

3dnow

'Connected' is a tricky term..... It's taught that at any time in our sleep we may - only 'may' - cross transiently to the Astral where we may - only 'may' - interact with those we encounter there. Does that count as being connected? Maybe - it comes down to definition and perception.

Certainly most of us are not consciously aware of any connection and it isn't necessarily the case that we all cross over during sleep time or interact if we do. It's a complex situation. Some will be better able to effect the link to the Astral than others.
Old 20-07-2011, 09:58 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
'Connected' is a tricky term..... It's taught that at any time in our sleep we may - only 'may' - cross transiently to the Astral where we may - only 'may' - interact with those we encounter there. Does that count as being connected? Maybe - it comes down to definition and perception.

Certainly most of us are not consciously aware of any connection and it isn't necessarily the case that we all cross over during sleep time or interact if we do. It's a complex situation. Some will be better able to effect the link to the Astral than others.

Perceive is better? Unconsciously? I mean not only in sleep also while awake.

This makes sense?

Second question entities etc are from astral?

3dnow
Old 20-07-2011, 10:00 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Perceive is better? Unconsciously? I mean not only in sleep also while awake.

This makes sense?

Second question entities etc are from astral?

3dnow

I don't follow your questions....