Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-07-2011, 10:16 PM
agiosotheos

Ethetic vs. astral

On the net, it seems that the two, etheric and astral, are often confused. However, the more knowledgeable seeming sources indicate that there is somewhat of a distinction. Could someone explain the difference between the etheric and astral planes, etheric and astral bodies, and etheric and astral projection?
Old 15-07-2011, 05:22 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiosotheos
On the net, it seems that the two, etheric and astral, are often confused. However, the more knowledgeable seeming sources indicate that there is somewhat of a distinction. Could someone explain the difference between the etheric and astral planes, etheric and astral bodies, and etheric and astral projection?

In this article there is a section "etheric and astral"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection
Old 15-07-2011, 05:45 PM
moke64916

Don't think, 'Be'. The less thinking the more Being.
Old 19-07-2011, 10:02 PM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
In this article there is a section "etheric and astral"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

Hi. I actually read that article before I posted this. It's really brief though. I was hoping for something more "meaty".
Old 20-07-2011, 01:37 AM
SerpentQueen

You probably already read this too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etheric_body

I really have no idea. I read all this, and my head just swims. My gut tells me that etheric is a body -- but the astral is a plane. I don't know if that makes sense. I am struggling to explain it. Perhaps when we travel on the astral plane (not that I ever have, so take this for what it is worth), we travel in an etheric body, but we call it an astral body. Because when we meet up with all kinds of weird bizarre entities, that's not their etheric body -- it's a projection of it, and whatever they want it to be, not the "real" thing. I may be talking out of my a $$ here though. Hope someone knowledgeable comes along. I've been wondering this too.
Old 20-07-2011, 03:19 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiosotheos

The 'etheric' covers all planes other than the physical. The so-called Astral is one very close to that of this physical dimension in which we presently operate.....

Don't get too hung up about the bodies in which we'll be living - they'll be the etheric counterparts of what we have now save for all our physical/psychological/emotional issues will be absent.

Astral Projection is something best described by the ones who claim to do it.
Old 20-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Ascender

Yeah as Mac already said, the astral plane is very close to the physical plane and is where most 'earth-bound' spirits find themselves upon leaving their bodies. The ethereal is the grander, luminous stuff.
Old 20-07-2011, 03:58 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
Yeah as Mac already said, the astral plane is very close to the physical plane and is where most 'earth-bound' spirits find themselves upon leaving their bodies. The ethereal is the grander, luminous stuff.

kinda, sorta.....

The Astral is the 'next level' where we'll all spend some time as we progress - it's not just so-called earth-bound spirits. They may spend longer there, than others, as they may need more 'time' to adjust and to make the progress needed to 'move on'. (The terms in inverted commas are those we use on earth)

In the 'higher', more advanced, levels individuals are less solid, more luminous as suggested but all non-physical levels are of the etheric.
Old 20-07-2011, 12:20 PM
deepsea

Clearest information I have read on Astral or Etheric planes.Mac.

Cheers.
Deepsea.
Old 20-07-2011, 02:26 PM
moke64916

I used to astrol travel all the time. We don't actually leave our physical bodies. Otherwise we'd be dead, but we can exist in multiple places at the same time, just like science is finding out that a specific subatomic particle can exist in multiple places at the same time. I think astrol travel is fun. I don't know about etheric. You'd be amazed at the intuitive guidance you'll receive with astrol travel.