Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 14-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Master
I'm just a common everyday garden variety person, doing what I can when where and how.

Old 16-04-2011, 12:48 PM
amy green

Currently I am being the best carer I can be for my mum (who I have looked after for 7 years now), i.e. I treat her as I would like to be treated (if I was in her place). That's not saying I'm faultless, but I'm mindful, caring and find the situation mostly rewarding and nurturing. It's meaningful and important.

I'm also being "challenged" by a deluded, anti-social neighbour (ironically for the same length of time - 7 years). She has caused suffering to many neighbours. Her trashing and vandalism (totally unprovoked) have made me focus on all my spiritual resources. (Have tried the usual routes - i.e. the authorities - she's a loose cannon and carries on regardless). I'm now able to detach myself from whatever debris I find when I approach my home - it's a constant reminder to be my higher self. Sometimes I despair that it will never end (her almost daily actions make me jittery), but - with cosmic ordering - I have been sent help and the situation is abating. I'm aware that the culprit needs healing but she's deranged/very damaged (also takes drugs) and I wouldn't know how to do this.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Mythaira

Book1 Shadow and Shining

What I do is provide guidance by keeping a birds eye view of the situation. Keeping my heart open to the possibilities of the hidden and unknown to the stuff that I am aware of.
Old 25-04-2011, 09:48 AM
breath

I approach the city introvertedly, if you don't you'll end up mad I think. I assume everyone is telling the truth, so if someone walks up to me looking panicked and asks for money to get home I'll give them it. Not because I believe them, I may very well not believe them - but because it is a good act to give no matter what you're giving. I thinkone that even drug addicts deserve comfurt in their life, and unless they're choosing to give it up, the only thing making them go without the drugs is going to do is make them suffer. so that's one thing.

I also talk directly to anyone who needs help, I'm not a big fan of just dropping change in a person's cup and walking off. lol.

I'd say 80% of the help I give others is unseen and unrecognized by them, and that really is my intention. Slipping a fiver into someone's pocket if they're stuck for cash then reminding them to check their pockets. If I know someone is feeling insecure I will comment (always truthfully) on their appearance or on whatever they might have been insecure about without letting them know I've heard it.

I guess the way I help people could be considered unfair, because they can't choose whether it will help them or not - but that's just how I work. I always equalize karma (as I know it's bad to steal good karma) by using a meditation technique.

I do believe that the greatest good you can do is a motherly good, a slight nudge at the right moment to spur someone else into action that will benefit them, or to inspire them to challenge a new part of life and to grow. Sometimes to say something that may cause them to rethink a part of their psychology which is damaging to their self.

Also, thanks to my beliefs and the tradition I follow. I don't need license to heal anyone spiritually, or even acceptance from them. While they can fully accept to take the healing energy or not, purely by wanting it to be there - I do use healing on those I meet in the mystic world to ask if they require something. Sometimes talking directly to the 'spirit' is better than talking to the individual, then healing them from a distance.

I'm always willing to listen to anything, without even the slightest level of judgement. If you're a rapist, a murderer, a petty thief, an alcaholic, a drug addict, literally anything - I'll try to help you and I wont judge you at all. Also, because i've overcome a hell of a lot of anxieties and a phobia or two I love an opportunity to try and help others with similar problems.

Over all, I think i bring a good amount of light to the world, I actively try to cultivate my own positive influence here during my stay. So, even if anyone reading this ever needs an ear, shoulder or some advice on anything - or even someone to share a secret with completely confidentially, give me a buzz in private message.

Thanks for letting me do this. It's worked like an affirmation!
Old 25-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Master
Great Thread :)

XO
Old 25-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I don't DO anything. I AM a light in the world. Its who I am, I can't not be a light in the darkness. Its like they say; once you open your eyes, you can't shut them again. There is no going back so I go forward like a bolt of lightning; unrestrainable, powerful, and awesome.

I actually tried hiding for many years. I just wanted to hang out and worry about my own path. I've found though that it just wasn't possible. The universe has a way of running you into brick walls if you don't pay attention to what its trying to tell you, and it started telling me that sitting on the sidelines was not an option for me. I've never been one to ignore the universe so I came out of my shell and started shining.

I guess you could point to various physical behaviors as manifestations of this. I smile at people, I give real hugs filled with Love, I try to help people find happiness but none of these are things that I go out of my way to DO. These are all reflections of who I am, they happen without effort and without thought of getting results.

Ditto!
James
Old 25-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Master
What am i doing? Not enough, you can never do enough. I try to converse on these forums in my spare time and do my best to encourage people I am not sure if that counts for anything. Help out at church where I can. Saturday I was really blessed to be the go between between a gambling machine and charity. For 2 dollars the poker machine gave me some money after al the lights stoped flashing etc. Hearing at church the next day they were selling bottles of water for $20 ea Apparently the charity can give 4 people access to fresh water for life for each bottle sold. :) I bought a few and it relly didn't cost me anything as it was payed for with what was given to me, but I sure hope it helps some people. God gave me something to pass on. :) i wish that could happen more.

I sooo need to do more, this thread has encouraged me.
Old 27-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Master
without going into too much detail as i don't want recognition for this.. but if it inspires others to do the same by posting than cool.. but giving to the poor and homeless, planting trees and doing what i can for the environment(saving on electricity, recycling, monitoring my carbon footprint, little things that make a difference if we all try, helping animals in need, and just trying my best to be a good human, there for those who need me i guess.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 28-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Master
I just plant acorns.
Old 28-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
hiding, I've already been "light to the world" all my life. I'm on vacation, but afterwards I love to pick up those who are down, defend those that can't defend themselves and of course help those esp childern that are helpless. I think we have a moral obligation to help those in need.

There's nothing wrong with being a 'hand' to the world, but remembering that it is still their own journey and not yours to decide.

Cheers