Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 07-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Experiencer
Tips for cleaning

Hey all.

So, I'm a neat freak.

I clean my place all of the time even I am home.

It is time consuming. I'm hoping since can give me tips on how to cut cleaning time in half but still have a clean house.

I'm constantly tiring myself out.

Thank you.

Currently, I pretty much clean walls every few days with a spray bottle and disinfect every 2-3 months. I disinfect my floors every time I wash them. I do dishes constantly. When there is a handful of dishes I wash them.

I just finished cleaning this morning.

I'm already pretty tired.

Thank you in advance for any typos you can give me.
The word impossible is 2 letters too long.
I don't always give the best advice but I'm a great listener
Don't Worry, Be Happy
Old 07-08-2020, 04:03 PM
Deactivated Account

My strategy: If I don't see it, its not there

I don't like washing dishes. I use paper plates. Plastic spoons/knives. Even my coffee cups are paper. I store dishes & silverware away for special occasion or diners.

I like to shop at Michales for storage containers. Most things I have is stored in a box, or plastic containers/cases. Definately check a Michael's or Hobby Lobby out for organizing.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Experiencer
I store stuff in plastic containers too.

I want to use paper plates, but they'd between 5-7 of us here at any time. That would cost too much. I wash dishes as I go, waste of water, but, meh.

I'm thinking maybe just throw away since of my bigger unwanted stuff again. I just got rid of 2 coffee tables. I'm replacing my couch soon with futons. They can be used as beds and folded up as couches to have more space.

Petite think I'm a bit crazy. My son laughed at me lady night because of it. He thinks I clean too much.
The word impossible is 2 letters too long.
I don't always give the best advice but I'm a great listener
Don't Worry, Be Happy
Old 08-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Master
yep im nt tidy im a horderr i am i uese platic cups i uese papperr platess unless im havij hot foodd
my brothr neasee is wors thn me lol thy mor untidyy thn me lol

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 10-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Elfin

LOL.... Tanya...you are putting us all to shame.... I usually only have a tidy round if some-one is coming to visit !!!!!..... And I really must invest in paper plates and cutlery !!
Old 27-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Master

Tanya, what you are describing sounds like a form of OCD. I am not saying it is, but I have seen in real life. (BTW, I have never seen a male with a cleanliness affliction, which is kinda funny now I think about it...) Cleanliness is a virtue but at a point it becomes a burden. I think you are there now.

There can be multiple reasons for desiring more than reasonable cleanliness. Hospital workers have good reason for worrying, but they work in a very unclean environment. It must be hard for them mentally to not keep their homes to the same standard. Other people have grown up in very demanding families and been pushed to keep a very high standard. Some are doing it to cover up for other shortcomings, or because of fear of 'what the neighbors/family/church/social workers will think', or just a desire to feel they are keeping control over their domain. And so on.

So I am not going to guess why you have the cleaning bug. You are the one who probably knows how this came to pass.

You are asking for a way to keep your home cleaner faster, not how to do less cleaning. I can't help you there. But there are ways to make your surroundings feel cleaner. Air humidifiers makes the air better. Cleansing crystals like amethysts in the room may be good for your sense of cleanness. Not to mention certain plants.

Less soap. More light.

I have a feeling this isn't the reply you asked for, so I apologize. It is my reply none the less.
Old 31-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Tanya, what you are describing sounds like a form of OCD. I am not saying it is, but I have seen in real life. (BTW, I have never seen a male with a cleanliness affliction, which is kinda funny now I think about it...) Cleanliness is a virtue but at a point it becomes a burden. I think you are there now.

There can be multiple reasons for desiring more than reasonable cleanliness. Hospital workers have good reason for worrying, but they work in a very unclean environment. It must be hard for them mentally to not keep their homes to the same standard. Other people have grown up in very demanding families and been pushed to keep a very high standard. Some are doing it to cover up for other shortcomings, or because of fear of 'what the neighbors/family/church/social workers will think', or just a desire to feel they are keeping control over their domain. And so on.

So I am not going to guess why you have the cleaning bug. You are the one who probably knows how this came to pass.

You are asking for a way to keep your home cleaner faster, not how to do less cleaning. I can't help you there. But there are ways to make your surroundings feel cleaner. Air humidifiers makes the air better. Cleansing crystals like amethysts in the room may be good for your sense of cleanness. Not to mention certain plants.

Less soap. More light.

I have a feeling this isn't the reply you asked for, so I apologize. It is my reply none the less.
Hi... My sister in law is OCD. My brother did not realize to what extent until he retired and was at home all day. It nearly caused them to split up !... I have a friend who is Not OCD, but is just "houseproud" and her home is always immaculate. Me... I do it when I can "see" it needs doing. I have plants and crystals dotted around my house. But I like the point you made about working environment could influence your ways at home.... I worked in catering for many years...and it is the one area I am very "particular" about, the preparation and cooking of food and everything connected to that..
Old 15-09-2020, 11:15 PM
Master
My dear mum is OCD about cleanliness. It is not an extreme case of OCD but it is still obvious. Drives me nuts at times especially since I am living in the same house as her when I really ought to have a place of my own.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-03-2021, 06:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya1979
Hey all.

So, I'm a neat freak.

I clean my place all of the time even I am home.

It is time consuming. I'm hoping since can give me tips on how to cut cleaning time in half but still have a clean house.

I just finished cleaning this morning.

I'm already pretty tired.

Thank you in advance for any typos you can give me.

If it is so tiring for you and you simply have no time and affords to clean your home, why you don't ask the cleaning professionals or even the company to make it for you? It is rather easy to find the reliable one and to make sure they did the task correctly. Today it is rather convenient for us.