Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 29-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Divination using dowsing/pendulum

Hello all, a newbie here, fascinated by this practice and tool of seeking answers. A spiritually awakened lady showed me how to use a pendulum to use divination and dowse several years ago. I was extremely sceptical at the time, however when I gave it a first attempt, it worked immediately and the pendulum moved of its own accord. I think more than anything this has helped my scientific brain open up to the possibilities of something "other".

I've only dowsed very occasionally since, but am seeking answers to a problem at the moment, so the pendulum came out again today and gave me clear answers, either Yes or No.

My questions:
1) This lady said the answers come from your inner spirit and consciousness. How, therefore can you seek answers to questions about external matters you wouldn't know the answer to? Say about another person or a job opportunity.
2) Could you give some basic advice or guidelines for developing and fine-tuning this practice? Do you use dowsing regularly or occasionally when the need arises?
3) What are the main things to take into consideration ie can using dowsing have negative consequences? This lady mentioned you should never ask questions that are self-serving or would cause harm to another (which I've followed and wouldn't anyway). Anything else I need to know? Another friend told me I shouldn't practice this at all or mess with things and forces I don't understand.

Please enlighten me!
Old 29-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Just seen there's an entire sub-section dedicated to the topic Guess I was too enthusiastic to notice. Will go have a read. Still any thoughts would be nice!
Old 22-04-2020, 02:07 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSeeker
Hello all, a newbie here, fascinated by this practice and tool of seeking answers. A spiritually awakened lady showed me how to use a pendulum to use divination and dowse several years ago. I was extremely sceptical at the time, however when I gave it a first attempt, it worked immediately and the pendulum moved of its own accord. I think more than anything this has helped my scientific brain open up to the possibilities of something "other".

I've only dowsed very occasionally since, but am seeking answers to a problem at the moment, so the pendulum came out again today and gave me clear answers, either Yes or No.

My questions:
1) This lady said the answers come from your inner spirit and consciousness. How, therefore can you seek answers to questions about external matters you wouldn't know the answer to? Say about another person or a job opportunity.
2) Could you give some basic advice or guidelines for developing and fine-tuning this practice? Do you use dowsing regularly or occasionally when the need arises?
3) What are the main things to take into consideration ie can using dowsing have negative consequences? This lady mentioned you should never ask questions that are self-serving or would cause harm to another (which I've followed and wouldn't anyway). Anything else I need to know? Another friend told me I shouldn't practice this at all or mess with things and forces I don't understand.

Please enlighten me!

Hey StarSeeker :)

I’m by no means an expert on pendulums as I haven’t used mine for some time. Though have turned to quite frequently over the years, so I’ll answer your questions as best I can...

1) If your answers are coming from your own consciousness, it’s likely to be from either a ‘higher’ or ‘lower’ level of consciousness within you. Higher being your own intuitive knowing, or ‘psychic’ knowing, that you are tapping into and otherwise not aware of.

2) It depends on whether you’re calling upon your higher self or are interacting with a spirit guide. If you’re going to dowse regularly with the help of guides/spirit, you’ll want to protect yourself in some way. There’s lots of helpful information online regarding protection when dowsing with the help of spirit guides.

3) I think it’s okay to ask questions that are self-serving, so long as it’s based upon ‘self’ rather than anything external, and isn’t interfering with the free will of others.. for example, asking your pendulum whether you’re going to be promoted at work is a question that might be considered ‘self-serving’, yet seems a totally acceptable question (in my opinion). If you want to get the most out of your pendulum, you might consider changing the question up a bit and diving a little deeper into what it is you’re curious about.

Hope that helps x

Last edited by whimsy_tales : 22-04-2020 at 03:57 PM.