Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-10-2018, 06:19 AM
Seeker

I am actively practicing mindfullness. I throw small challenges to myself throughout the day like lets have a quiet mind for 1 minute or let the mind be quiet/thought free till the cab reaches home etc. I hope i improve.
Old 17-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Hi Friend,

So apparently the girl who claimed that she can talk to Mahavatar Babaji was lying.

I don't know why people do this or try to take the advantage of some other person just for money...
When I saw that she wanted $150 for the 'privelege', I thought I would just remain silent and let you find all that out for yourself....I didn't want to get involved.

There is no way I would charge anything for what I do...there's an expectation then of "getting your money's worth" or else be disappointed.

So, if what I teach 'doesn't work'...at least you are not out of pocket at all...my reward is to see the tears of Bhakti and pure joy just flowing through another...all of this stuff is given FREE to us by God anyway and charging money for that (even IF it were true) creates unwanted karma.

I am not attached to money whatsoever...much to the total dismay of my family.

I am 'sposed to be contesting a will right now...I couldn't be effed to be honest...my brother is putting a caveat on my father's house, so his pedophile victims don't get the proceeds through the courts...through probate....he says it is 'our inheritance' no matter what.

I'm like "I'm not interested whatsoever" and my brother goes "how can you NOT be interested in half a million dollars?" and I'm like "It's not how I roll"...suffice to say, a materialist will never be able to get a spiritual person...

Suffice to say...being the daughter of narcissistic, psychotic and criminal parents does rub off though...
Old 17-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
When I saw that she wanted $150 for the 'privelege', I thought I would just remain silent and let you find all that out for yourself....I didn't want to get involved.

There is no way I would charge anything for what I do...there's an expectation then of "getting your money's worth" or else be disappointed.

So, if what I teach 'doesn't work'...at least you are not out of pocket at all...my reward is to see the tears of Bhakti and pure joy just flowing through another...all of this stuff is given FREE to us by God anyway and charging money for that (even IF it were true) creates unwanted karma.

I am 'sposed to be contesting a will right now...I couldn't be effed to be honest...my brother is putting a caveat on my father's house, so his pedophile victims don't get the proceeds through the courts...through probate....he says it is 'our inheritance' no matter what.

I'm like "I'm not interested whatsoever" and my brother goes "how can you NOT be interested in half a million dollars?" and I'm like "It's not how I roll"...suffice to say, a materialist will never be able to get a spiritual person...

Suffice to say...being the daughter of narcissistic, psychotic and criminal parents does rub off though...

The good news is that I caught her before giving her the money.
So god saved me this time also as he always does.

Sorry about your problems ,I wish I could help you friend.

And BTW,I would've NEVER offered you money ,because I respect you.

Last edited by captainamerica : 17-10-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 17-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Deactivated Account

I was reading Patanjali's Yoga Sutras/Aphorisms since they are recommended by you.

I still cannot understand what is meant by "Samyama".

Do you know what Samyama is ?
if yes, can you please let me know ?
Old 17-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:

Shower love, show respect, offer cooperation

As egolessly as able ...

But why surrender when walking on the path of righteousness & dharma?

It’s not the money ... fight, win, donate if that’s the choice but submission helps no one, neither you, nor the delusional villain

Yet, the fulcrum of our evolution being different perhaps, each of us has to take their own call ... looking back, free of regret
Old 17-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
The good news is that I caught her before giving her the money.
So god saved me this time also as he always does.

Sorry about your problems ,I wish I could help you friend.

And BTW,I would've NEVER offered you money ,because I respect you.
Thank you.

I will tell you a story...one of the reasons why I divorced my husband.

He is/was a priest...a pundit and a purohit from Fiji and of course, I was there to learn.

Now, as you know it is customary to give many gifts to Hindu priests when they perform a puja.

So, they receive EVERYTHING from cash donations, aarti donations, kurtas (shirts), socks, bath towels, rice, flour, potatoes, dhall, lentils, spices...you name it...every prayer service, he would come home with about $300 and enough clothes and food to open our own store...and he would do between 10-12 pujas a week...it was quite the lucrative little business...

Then he became very greedy...counting the money over and over...stockpiling items...you could barely move in the house...I suggested that he pass some of the stuff on to charity - to those less fortunate, but he would never do it.

All I could see was karma piling up...and up...and up...and I wanted absolutely no part of that.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Thank you.

I will tell you a story...one of the reasons why I divorced my husband.

He is/was a priest...a pundit and a purohit from Fiji and of course, I was there to learn.

Now, as you know it is customary to give many gifts to Hindu priests when they perform a puja.

So, they receive EVERYTHING from cash donations, aarti donations, kurtas (shirts), socks, bath towels, rice, flour, potatoes, dhall, lentils, spices...you name it...every prayer service, he would come home with about $300 and enough clothes and food to open our own store...and he would do between 10-12 pujas a week...it was quite the lucrative little business...

Then he became very greedy...counting the money over and over...stockpiling items...you could barely move in the house...I suggested that he pass some of the stuff on to charity - to those less fortunate, but he would never do it.

All I could see was karma piling up...and up...and up...and I wanted absolutely no part of that.

Thank you for letting me know.

Here sometimes the pundits/priests even lie and make made up stories about god/Shiv ji/Krishna ji to get money from the underprivileged.I don't hate a lot of things but I absolutely HATE greed.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Shower love, show respect, offer cooperation

As egolessly as able ...

But why surrender when walking on the path of righteousness & dharma?

It’s not the money ... fight, win, donate if that’s the choice but submission helps no one, neither you, nor the delusional villain

Yet, the fulcrum of our evolution being different perhaps, each of us has to take their own call ... looking back, free of regret
There is a point to submission...and the ONLY one that I will submit to unconditionally is Lord Shiva.

The act of submission, means to bypass the ego and go straight into the heart space.

Are you familiar with the Sanskrit word Pranidhana?
https://www.ekhartyoga.com/articles/...ra-pranidhana#

When we are in submission, we become 'open' and yet, many confuse submission with 'being a coward' or 'backing down' or 'giving in' when it is more like just...letting go (and I still have to learn how to do that when facing many obstacles)...

So, what happens then, is that Lord Ganapati shows up with "forget me, did you?" and all I can say is "sorry my love, but would your dad be about by any chance?"

What needs to happen, is all of the 'rough edges' need to be polished off this diamond...I found out that it is difficult to be spiritually awakened, while still being a 'realist' because reality keeps shifting...like the sands of the Sahara...
Old 17-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
I was reading Patanjali's Yoga Sutras/Aphorisms since they are recommended by you.

I still cannot understand what is meant by "Samyama".

Do you know what Samyama is ?
if yes, can you please let me know ?
Sure thing.

Samyama is the purely "mental aspect" of Patanjali's eight limbs of yoga after the senses have been drawn inward (Pratyahara).

It combines concentration (dharana), meditation (dhyana) and enlightenment (Samadhi) all in one, as opposed to taking these on an individual basis.

(Trataka is the perfect example of Samyama practice).

It is basically the culmination of all the higher wisdom of Patanjali.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Sure thing.

Samyama is the purely "mental aspect" of Patanjali's eight limbs of yoga after the senses have been drawn inward (Pratyahara).

It combines concentration (dharana), meditation (dhyana) and enlightenment (Samadhi) all in one, as opposed to taking these on an individual basis.

(Trataka is the perfect example of Samyama practice).

It is basically the culmination of all the higher wisdom of Patanjali.

So is it like getting into a Cosmicconsciousness/nirvikalpa or savikalpa samadhi state and focusing on one particular thing/object/subject ?