Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 AM
MalibuDan90

Resonating word

I had very vivid dreams the last two nights. The first night I was able to tell i was dreaming and almost control the dream. The next night I knew I was dreaming and tried to control what was happening but everything was happening so fast that I couldnt keep up. Anyways I was awoken by a word practically screaming in repeat in my head saying ( teachlee ). I wasnt sure what this meant but from what I have learnt in my life I sort of interpreted it as tashlik.

Needless to say as my day went on I ended up needing to explain what tashlik was to someone to help them with their day. But was that the reason why I heard this word so vividly? Is their more to it? Did I completely get things wrong?

At first I thought teachlee might have been a spirit guide since that has been my main focus but something didnt seem right about thinking this was the name of a spirit guide.

Any ideas or guidance would be appreciate thanks
Old 16-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia's Entry on Tashlikh
Tashlikh (Hebrew: תשליך‎, meaning "casting off") is a long-standing Jewish practice usually performed on the afternoon of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, however it can be said up until Hoshana Rabbah. The previous year's sins are symbolically "cast off" by reciting a section from Micah that makes allusions to the symbolic casting off of sins, into a large, natural body of flowing water (such as a river, lake, sea or ocean).

Maybe the message of your dream was to remove elements from yourself that are impeding you from having lucid dreams and astral projection experiences. I am not Jewish but I may practice something that is somewhat similar to this custom. I will take bubble baths in Epsom salt (and then a shower) in hopes that impurities will wash away from me with the flowing water.

Also, my experiences with lucid dreaming seem to indicate that an ocean in the astral dimension (especially a turbulent ocean) is the dividing line between those who are lucid and those who are not. Those that exist beneath the ocean's waves have not achieved spiritual progress to be lucid in the astral dimension. Those that exist above the waves are lucid and experiencing more of the "real" or "spiritually purer" areas of that dimension.

Thus, by practicing Tashlikh in a constructive spiritual context with results, you will be able to cast off "impurities" of yourself "into the ocean" of negative and impeding emotions. The surface of the ocean in the astral dimension is the fine line between lucidity and nonlucidity. And if you are able to walk on water in the astral dimension, then this will show that spirit and the soul have a greater influence on your consciousness than the mind and emotions.