Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 17-09-2011, 05:03 PM
deepsea

I know that,Mac!
Old 17-09-2011, 05:13 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I know that,Mac!

shhhhh.....say no more
Old 17-09-2011, 05:19 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
shhhhh.....say no more

Revenge is sweet,dead as a doornail now.
Old 18-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Trieah

Well Mac, if I do still seem too confused about the differences, then I shall be happy to learn as much about it as I can, if you're willing to discus it with me

Forgive me if I've been mixing Spiritualism and spirituality. You see, there's been no real distinction made between the two over at that other board I mod at. There's just a bunch of "wrist slapping" by the other mod towards anyone who has the audacity to speak of anything even remotely "religious based". Sure, we can talk about our spirit guides and even give their names if it happened to be a historical person. But if your guide just happens to be an Angel, or even Jesus, that automatically means you're trying to "preach" religion just by talking about your experiences with them. If you say God, instead of Universe or Creative Source, you are "preaching". It's hypocrisy at its finest. Hell, just about the only time it seems to be ok to even mention Jesus' name is if it has something to do with poking fun at religion. Personally, I think he's just as capable at being a good spirit guide as any other spirit guide out there. It's not his fault people have gotten all carried away with turning religion into something they can have control over. His message always was, is and always will be about love, peace and forgiveness. NOT hate or kill everyone who isn't like you.

So yes, if you can enlighten me all the differences you speak about, I would be most grateful. Not only so that I can have enough of an understanding about each of these subjects, to be able to come to the defence of others, but also, so I can see if the religious aspect of which you speak, is something that resonates with my enough to call it my religion. At the moment, I don't actually claim any religion because I haven't quite found what I'm looking for just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I didn't want to be rid of you.

Heh, that was just my way of being silly
Old 18-09-2011, 03:29 AM
mac

Trieah

Well Mac, if I do still seem too confused about the differences, then I shall be happy to learn as much about it as I can, if you're willing to discus it with me As in the past I'm always prepared to try to help when asked.

Forgive me if I've been mixing Spiritualism and spirituality. No need for forgiving but it's a fundamental difference...Many have done much as you - confused one with another. You see, there's been no real distinction made between the two over at that other board I mod at. Presumably that's because no-one there knows? There's just a bunch of "wrist slapping" by the other mod towards anyone who has the audacity to speak of anything even remotely "religious based". I'd say, then, that any such moderator (or member) needs to be totally ignored unless one is posting in an inappropriate forum - even then wrist-slapping is uncalled for.... As for the aspect of religion again it's not an issue for wrist-slapping but if you stay on such a forum then you have to live by what's goin' down there - you don't have to stay of course....

Religion is a personal issue, not for someone to rubbish although I do see challenge as acceptable if it's done on the basis of facts and is not done in a nasty way.....
Sure, we can talk about our spirit guides and even give their names if it happened to be a historical person. Now you've drifted away into a field which is pretty contentious as 'spirit guides' are little understood and often greatly misunderstood.... But if your guide just happens to be an Angel, Here we're way off the 'Spiritualism' forum subjects.... or even Jesus Getting worse...., that automatically means you're trying to "preach" religion just by talking about your experiences with them. I would once have had plenty to say about such claims as I see many of them as fanciful and generally unsubstantiated.... If you say God, instead of Universe or Creative Source, you are "preaching". I too have my preference but I leave it to others to use the word that sits most comfortably with them - even when it doesn't sit comfortably with me.... It's hypocrisy at its finest. Then why continue to put up with it? Hell, just about the only time it seems to be ok to even mention Jesus' name is if it has something to do with poking fun at religion. I can't comment because I don't know the context... Personally, I think he's just as capable at being a good spirit guide as any other spirit guide out there. Contentious again... How can anyone know it's the Nazarene of Biblical times who's a so-called guide? It's not his fault people have gotten all carried away with turning religion into something they can have control over. agreed His message always was, is and always will be about love, peace and forgiveness. NOT hate or kill everyone who isn't like you. agreed totally Jesus was a great teacher, healer and medium.

So yes, if you can enlighten me all the differences you speak about, I would be most grateful. I don't have the time or space to detail every small difference but I hope you've got a flavour for what I have frequently discussed over the years? Not only so that I can have enough of an understanding about each of these subjects, to be able to come to the defence of others, but also, so I can see if the religious aspect of which you speak, is something that resonates with my enough to call it my religion. For all that you'd have to research the situation until you're comfortable you've understood all you need to - often not easy to assess that in my experience. I can't tell you everything you might feel you need/want because of the same time/space constraints and also because it's not my role anyway - I'm not a teacher. At the moment, I don't actually claim any religion because I haven't quite found what I'm looking for just yet. That's fine but I can't find one for you if it's what you really want. Religion is often a compendium of beliefs and faith in what's not understood and for which there is precious little actual evidence. Such religions wouldn't do for me as I don't do either belief or faith. If I don't see evidence of what's being taught, if I'm expected to believe or have faith in something because it's written in some book, then I won't go down that path. Others will choose their own paths and that I accept.

Heh, that was just my way of being silly way to go!
Old 18-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
Could spiritualism be considered a form of unorganized religion?

No... it is organized just as religion is and you'll notice so many tell you what 'spiritualizm' is and expect you to conform to their notions, but like Mork said to the egg 'Fly, be free'
Old 18-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Trieah

You're probably right in that no one on that board knows the difference either LOL. I totally agree that "wrist slapping" is uncalled for. That's why I tend to go out of my way to try and soften the blow by the other mod by trying to make the poster feel more welcomed then unwelcomed. In truth, this mod is the only one there who really raises a big stink about "preaching religion", and will flat out tell people to go away if the mod feels offended by what's been said. Funny how it's perfectly ok for this mod to "preach" paganism from time to time though, LOL. Sadly, that message board is no where near as active as it once was. I've heard that it's mostly due to this mod. And you're right, I could leave it all together. And for the most part, I kind of have. I spend a hell of a lot more time on this message board then over there anyway. Far better stimulating conversations over here But, I am still a moderator over there. Our admin is hardly ever around any more, so it's pretty much just the two of us in charge. Though I must admit, the sever lack of activity on the board makes it easier to monitor the threads, LOL.

Heh, while my examples may be way off base as to what Spiritualism really is, that IS the kind of stuff that has been happening over there But I do agree that religion is a highly personal issue for everyone. I just happen to think everyone should be just as respectful of other people's beliefs as they want other people to be respectful of their beliefs. And I don't think that belief automatically means I'm wishy washy in what I believe, like I've been accused of by this other mod, LOL.

ROTFLOL! No, I'm not asking you to find a religion for me. Oh dear, I hope I don't come off sounding like a little lost wandering sheep looking for shelter, LOL. I'd just like to hear more about this religion to see if I can fit in with this group. I don't really consider myself "lost", just searching for others that are at least enough like me, to know I'm not completely alone. But who knows, I may never find a group of people that I can mesh well enough with to find that unity that religion tends to foster. Perhaps I'm more of a lone wolf then a lost sheep, LOL. I do prise my ability to think for myself instead of just buying into what ever I hear from someone else. It has to make sense to me personally, in order for me to rally behind it. But at the same time, I will do my best to remain open and respect other people's beliefs. In truth, to me, that's kind of what I was under the impression that being more spiritual then religious was all about. BUT, is that what you've been trying to tell me Spiritualism is all about???

Starting up this thread was the first time I've ventured into this particular forum. Perhaps I need to spend a little more time reading some of the threads in here to get a better grasp as to what its really about.