Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 12-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Master
religion for the soul

There are many religions for people but where is the religion for the soul. Is there any similarity in all religions which gives real peace to the soul?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 AM
nightowl

I think maybe the main message of many religions is to give hope for a life in the here after, which is suppose to bring peace to the soul. They try to explain where the soul or spirit will end up after physical death. Not sure if this is what you are asking... Just my view...

nightowl
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 AM
breath

Thumbs up

It's time for an analogy! lol

There was a hermit who lived up a mountain all alone, below his mountain were 3 villages. One was a village of masonry experts, the other was a fishing village, the other was village of foresters. One day, the hermit was met with an understanding of the heavens and earth and knew he should go and tell the people in the villages. When he went down to the masonry experts, he couldn't talk in the words that he was given the knowledge in, as it was silent. So he spoke in their language. "it is like a great pyramid, everything constructed in perfectly appropriate angles - you can divide everything in existence into numbers and triangles." and he explained it in masonry terms, of distance, measurements, structures, tools like meditation and prayer. When he went to the fishing village, he had to do the same - explaining it in terms of fishing, the universe is like a great ocean in which the world floats in a balance of things, he talked of the turtle's long life and slow movement, of the way of water and how it naturally runs the path it is set for without struggle. When the hermit went to the foresters, he talked in their words. "the tree of life" he'd explain, and how we are the fruit of the earth, how there is a cycle just like the cycles of nature and the circle of life. He spoke of how the great trees can climb so high toward the sun, and how the beauty is not in reaching the sun but in what has occured in growth toward it.

All the villages rejoiced in their new wisdoms. But alas, the Hermit hadn't told each of the villages of the other villages, and 200 years later, 4 generations had passed and the stories and understanding had been passed down the entire time. The villages met each other, happy to know there were others they began discussion. But they found they had very different views of the way things are, the mason village hated the idea of a tree of life, they understood it was a perfectly deliberate structure like a building, not just a choatic mess like a tree. the fishing village, the mason village and the forester village became angry at each other and swore that they would prove their own idea to be the right idea.

3000 years later the villages still exist, each village became a city, became a country, became a contintent, seperated and each of them all took a different peice of the information - and now the world has a hundred different explainations for one truth, all is how it is and it is the only way it can be.

Our friends in these villages after just 4 generations believed entirely in the method of the message, believing that it was the correct metaphor for the truth as it made the most sense to them. It connected to what they already knew.

There is only one spirituality, if you're religious - it is the same as simply speaking a certain language. Whichever 'religion' if any speaks clearest to you - if it gives you state of mind which says 'everything is perfectly fine', then it is the right one for you. Religion is just another word for spiritual metaphors specified for a certain type of person.

this, that, the other. Always recenter, come back to the silent mind and be the hermit.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
lemongrass

Wow...way to go breath. I really enjoyed your analogy.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
There are many religions for people but where is the religion for the soul. Is there any similarity in all religions which gives real peace to the soul?

I was not aware, the soul is in need of any religion.
Old 18-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
If soul does not need any religion .what is the need for religion.
Old 18-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by breath
It's time for an analogy! lol

There was a hermit who lived up a mountain all alone, below his mountain were 3 villages. One was a village of masonry experts, the other was a fishing village, the other was village of foresters. One day, the hermit was met with an understanding of the heavens and earth and knew he should go and tell the people in the villages. When he went down to the masonry experts, he couldn't talk in the words that he was given the knowledge in, as it was silent. So he spoke in their language. "it is like a great pyramid, everything constructed in perfectly appropriate angles - you can divide everything in existence into numbers and triangles." and he explained it in masonry terms, of distance, measurements, structures, tools like meditation and prayer. When he went to the fishing village, he had to do the same - explaining it in terms of fishing, the universe is like a great ocean in which the world floats in a balance of things, he talked of the turtle's long life and slow movement, of the way of water and how it naturally runs the path it is set for without struggle. When the hermit went to the foresters, he talked in their words. "the tree of life" he'd explain, and how we are the fruit of the earth, how there is a cycle just like the cycles of nature and the circle of life. He spoke of how the great trees can climb so high toward the sun, and how the beauty is not in reaching the sun but in what has occured in growth toward it.

All the villages rejoiced in their new wisdoms. But alas, the Hermit hadn't told each of the villages of the other villages, and 200 years later, 4 generations had passed and the stories and understanding had been passed down the entire time. The villages met each other, happy to know there were others they began discussion. But they found they had very different views of the way things are, the mason village hated the idea of a tree of life, they understood it was a perfectly deliberate structure like a building, not just a choatic mess like a tree. the fishing village, the mason village and the forester village became angry at each other and swore that they would prove their own idea to be the right idea.

3000 years later the villages still exist, each village became a city, became a country, became a contintent, seperated and each of them all took a different peice of the information - and now the world has a hundred different explainations for one truth, all is how it is and it is the only way it can be.

Our friends in these villages after just 4 generations believed entirely in the method of the message, believing that it was the correct metaphor for the truth as it made the most sense to them. It connected to what they already knew.

There is only one spirituality, if you're religious - it is the same as simply speaking a certain language. Whichever 'religion' if any speaks clearest to you - if it gives you state of mind which says 'everything is perfectly fine', then it is the right one for you. Religion is just another word for spiritual metaphors specified for a certain type of person.

this, that, the other. Always recenter, come back to the silent mind and be the hermit.
Great story. touches the heart
Old 18-05-2011, 01:07 PM
abikisses

I think Peace comes with remembering that you are not apart...

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 18-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

Copy that...
Old 18-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Bluegreen

From Mellen-Thomas Benedict's near death experience:

Quote:
I asked God: “What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?” And Godhead said, with great love: “I don’t care.” That was incredible grace. When Godhead said, “I don’t care,” I immediately understood that it is for us to care about. It is important, because we are the caring beings. It matters to us and that is where it is important. What you have is the energy equation in spirituality. Ultimate Godhead does not care if you are Protestant, Buddhist, or whatever. It is all a blooming facet of the whole. I wish that all religions would realize it and let each other be. It is not the end of each religion, but we are talking about the same God. Live and and let live. Each has a different view. And it all adds up to the big picture; it is all important.