Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-06-2021, 10:08 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
A medium should simply be the conduit to facilitate communication between Spirit and the person, nothing more.
agreed.
Quote:
It's up to the person as to what is confirmation/proof or not, what is a message or not.
agreed.
Quote:
Ideally the message from Spirit - even if it's only one word - should have meaning for them but that doesn't always apply.
Totally agreed and where it doesn't apply there may be cause for doubt.
Quote:
What you have to remember is that the Spirit who is contacting the person knows them very well, so the message is can be more like a conversation between two friends.
Agreed on the first point but I disagree that a single word is like a conversation between friends although for some recipients it may have that potential, of course.
Quote:
As long as the person who is receiving the message understands that's all that matters.
agreed
Quote:
Sometimes it takes a single word and our brain can create a cascade of associations with that one word, Spirit would have known the right word and that it would create that cascade for that person.
Both are possible. Some spirit communicators may know how to trigger such a cascade of associations but it's not known if that was the case.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Totally agreed and where it doesn't apply there may be cause for doubt.
It's individual and sometimes the reason can be the person receiving the message simply can't recall what the Spirit might be referring to. If the person can't connect too the message then yes, doubt can creep in.

Quote:
Agreed on the first point but I disagree that a single word is like a conversation between friends although for some recipients it may have that potential, of course.
it had meaning for the two that were referred to and that's all that matters. There is no rule that it should be a conversation. Again, t's the meaning the person takes from it. I've given messages that were the channellings of feelings, and they spoke volumes and were very powerful.

Quote:
Both are possible. Some spirit communicators may know how to trigger such a cascade of associations but it's not known if that was the case.
It's not about the medium knowing how to trigger a cascade of associations, in that case it obviously did and that was likely more to do with the Spirit knowing the person they were communicating with. It's the way the brain works, nothing more esoteric than that.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

it had meaning for the two that were referred to and that's all that matters. There is no rule that it should be a conversation.
I realise there is no rule but I raised the point that a single word - in my view - is not a conversation
Quote:
It's not about the medium knowing how to trigger a cascade of associations, in that case it obviously did and that was likely more to do with the Spirit knowing the person they were communicating with. It's the way the brain works, nothing more esoteric than that.
Of course it's not for the medium to know. As you pointed out earlier, the medium is a go-between, an individual who's a facilitator, a conveyance for trans-dimensional communication.
You're persuaded about the communication I queried. I'm not.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quodsi
In Carl Jung's works, I've read that he says, what people call 'spirit guides" are simply archetypes of the unconscious.
Now, I wonder - in my experience spirit guides really feel like impersonal energies, not conscious entities.
On the other hand, my expectations, of course, influence the experiment....
Good observations.Maybe our own being is far more complex than we think,and we're made up of beings and entities,each one doing his own job.I can't say hi to ny immune system expecting to hear back,but i know that is there,having a consiousness on it's own,knowing what to do and when.

I'm not sure what guides exactly are,but i've witnessed what they can do.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-06-2021 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked a 1000xs
Old 08-06-2021, 06:44 PM
Quote:
A medium should simply be the conduit to facilitate communication between Spirit and the person, nothing more. It's up to the person as to what is confirmation/proof or not, what is a message or not.
I agree - one word is fine! Who made the rule it has to be a conversation, sorry, bobjob.

I got one word one time from someone ...and the person was a bit 'shocked', but flowed with it...
''Why was this word coming thru? I have never had this before.''
I smiled and said, ''Because that is my experience'' of (no one would know about) that would assure me this session is real.
It signified my 'secret' exp of the Universe and the Creator...existence Itself and what it is about and what it is ''doing''.
The word was, "Embrace".

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Knower

Interesting thread, I went to go back a page then realized I need to read this thread in it's entirely at a later point.

For a quick (hopefully) summary if my thouhts.
The mind, body, and soul is all it's own entity and yet all 3 work together in union.

If one if off some way and we are not listening. One of the other entities will have to intercept or more commonly get in the way. Like over psychoanalyzing the spiritual self.....
If we are wise to listen to our guides, entities, or what have you. Then that feeling will be a feeling of oneness most people don't know what that feeling really feels like or is.
For instances "gut feeling" more than likely a sign from the body to shut up and listen.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quodsi
In Carl Jung's works, I've read that he says, what people call 'spirit guides" are simply archetypes of the unconscious.

Now, I wonder - in my experience spirit guides really feel like impersonal energies, not conscious entities.

On the other hand, my expectations, of course, influence the experiment.So, if I expect them to be conscious, probably they will feel like such.

If I expect them to be not, then they will feel not.

But, are spirit guides independantly conscious entities or not. Because, if my expectations give them life, it simply means that I communicate with myself and not an independent conscious being.

Right, I know, I'm a little confused, but this one has been bothering me for some time...
I wish to readress the OP from my purpose and intent. Before going over what has been discussed. I feel a going over the basics tandum going in....I use the word tandum when I know what I am about to say might be taken from a worldly view as a nonsense tandum.

Spiritually has lost the core basic of the very word Spiritual itself. Spirituality has become a form of label that society , including the new age society. Which leads us to questioning within spiritually like this thread, yet also a important concept as I mentioned somewhere before that the basic is more important than some "advanced" notiin before even truly understanding the basics. This is not meant as an insult or anything negative towards anyone....except for maybe towards so called teachers n such.

Spiritually is of it's self the spirit/soul. If we don't treat it as such we will never see it as such. The spiritual self is just that our spirit our soul. The conscious/unconscious is of the mind. If we can't learn to separate the two (3-body) and at the same time learn to respect and appreciate the way all 3 work together. We will never progress beyond the basic fundamentals of the soul and mind.

I have great respect for Carl Jung and to what he was able to achieve. The archetypes and the stream of consciousness the area where he pushed his limitations and didn't get to understand completely. It's like he started to have a spiritual awakening but his mind wouldn't allow him to let go and accept what he was starting to see.... allowed his thinking to get in the way.

I have to eat......
Old 08-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I agree - one word is fine! Who made the rule it has to be a conversation, sorry, bobjob.
Greenslade raised the point in posting #60. It had not been claimed to be a rule however by anyone.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I realise there is no rule but I raised the point that a single word - in my view - is not a conversation
Perhaps you'll never get a message that's just one word. But there again, who knows? What I was trying to point out is that it's for the individual.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

I got one word one time from someone ...and the person was a bit 'shocked', but flowed with it...
''Why was this word coming thru? I have never had this before.''
I smiled and said, ''Because that is my experience'' of (no one would know about) that would assure me this session is real.
It signified my 'secret' exp of the Universe and the Creator...existence Itself and what it is about and what it is ''doing''.
The word was, "Embrace".
Sometimes that one word opens the door and that's all that's needed