Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-01-2021, 10:38 PM
Knower
Sensing the "lower" chakras in meditation

My third eye and crown chakra usually become active when I meditate, but not the chakras below. I'm sure many meditators experience the heart chakra, especially when doing some form of loving kindness meditation (for me, this experience is not so common).

What I'm curious about: do any of you experience the first 3 chakra's, or the throat chakra? I'm speculating that maybe the root chakra will not usually be activated by meditation, but then again, maybe for many people here it does become active? I would be interested to hear your experiences.
Old 17-01-2021, 06:24 AM
Master
In my view, attempting to contour meditation by focus on any mind-body-image coordinate, interferes with the natural vibration of the universe, which seeks to fill us optimally.

The seeking per say is needed but as a burning yearning to connect with our own divinity within, resting lower mind. Thus, if thoughts be quiet, no ego (identity) remains and as such, there is no quest as in linearity as such.

This said, our mind seeks answers, signalling we are still enmeshed therein. If we simply look on, within, in playful nonchalance, the ego recedes.

A thought ... if a chakra seems active, does not the sensation indicate an energy overcoming frictional resistance? Once we are empty, the vibrational throb of bliss is centreless and seamless.
Old 17-01-2021, 10:17 AM
Knower
Hi Unseeking Seeker,

I think meditation is one of the best practices we can do, and though I agree it's better to approach it without a strict agenda, I think that doing some investigation to increase our interest in it can be helpful. If meditation did not feel so nice (in my case this is mostly pleasant sensations in the head), I would probably practice it less often (regardless of the benefits that are unrelated to how nice it feels :-). I'd even say that my practice is focused on that (but often we initially come to a practice in search of a certain "food" - to use the analogy that Thanissaro Bikkhu often talks about - and then we gradually improve our diet and move on to better foods, such as stillness or peacefulness).

I also agree about the sensation of energy being (possibly) related to frictional resistance. I usually (often even subconsciously) imagine energy coming in through the head, so perhaps that's where the friction occurs. But yes, I'd be curious if other people experience this in the "lower" chakras, also because I would be curious about experiencing the effects there myself.
Old 17-01-2021, 02:51 PM
PureEvil760

You're missing the point of meditation entirely, which is simplicity.

It seems like you're trying to dissect something that is naturally a whole.
Old 25-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Deactivated Account

To think one way is right and another not, is to miss the point entirely.

There is no right or wrong way.

Do what feels best for you, not what you think will be best.
Old 25-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flux
My third eye and crown chakra usually become active when I meditate, but not the chakras below. I'm sure many meditators experience the heart chakra, especially when doing some form of loving kindness meditation (for me, this experience is not so common).

What I'm curious about: do any of you experience the first 3 chakra's, or the throat chakra? I'm speculating that maybe the root chakra will not usually be activated by meditation, but then again, maybe for many people here it does become active? I would be interested to hear your experiences.

Regarding the activation of the root chakra in meditation, that may have a place for those seeking to awaken kundalini, but most peoples' ideas about kundalini seem rather simplistic.

Regarding the chakras as a whole, there is the idea that we are trying to raise the energies of the chakras below the diaphragm to the corresponding chakras above the diaphragm.
  • So the root chakra (the will to survive) corresponds to the head chakras (the will to Be).
  • The sacral chakra (lower creativity and sexuality) corresponds to the throat chakra (higher creativity and self expression).
  • The solar plexus chakra (ambition and desire for form) corresponds to the heart chakra (aspiration to formlessness).
Different people will naturally have some chakras more active than others.

Peace
Old 25-01-2021, 11:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
In my view, attempting to contour meditation by focus on any mind-body-image coordinate, interferes with the natural vibration of the universe, which seeks to fill us optimally.

The seeking per say is needed but as a burning yearning to connect with our own divinity within, resting lower mind. Thus, if thoughts be quiet, no ego (identity) remains and as such, there is no quest as in linearity as such.

This said, our mind seeks answers, signalling we are still enmeshed therein. If we simply look on, within, in playful nonchalance, the ego recedes.

A thought ... if a chakra seems active, does not the sensation indicate an energy overcoming frictional resistance? Once we are empty, the vibrational throb of bliss is centreless and seamless.

paradoxically, sometimes in the quest to get less, you have to end up seeking more.

There doesn't seem to be a straight line between here and there...
Old 26-01-2021, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
paradoxically, sometimes in the quest to get less, you have to end up seeking more.

There doesn't seem to be a straight line between here and there...

Well said! Yet, if the seeking be simply a burning yearning of love in love with love for love alone, the underlying singularity is all that there is, there being no quest, for there being no seeker as in identity, all having fused in the one, as the body is being breathed by the all that is, as we.

Essentially, the stage of seeking may be optimally replaced with a shedding off, of mistaken belief of separateness, being a hypnotic illusion wherein attention is temporarily mired.

As for chakras, I’d reiterate, that there is no need to mentally ‘instrumentalise’ what already is, as it is, complete
Old 11-02-2021, 12:04 AM
Master
Well I work with all my chakras in meditation. Here's why.

Each one is an extension of me, so if I left any one of them out I'm missing part of me. I want the all-of-me focused in the meditation.

The lower ones concern most of all the operation of the body. When I sit to meditate I don't want to get drowsy. I also want my body cells to rejuvenate by getting the life force energy that gets generated in my meditation.

The navel chakra is the main one. I use full yogic breathing to empty and to fill with life force energy (prana or chi or whatever word you use). That brings more vitality to my body.

I've learned to sense energy in each one and also use the mindset associated with each one so I can breath with intention and focus and bring the heart there (loving feelings towards my body cells), so this is about bringing the lifeforce of the other chakras (or bringing the other chakras) into the navel.

In tantric traditions the navel is the main one - especially if you are into Daoist neidan or martial arts or qigong - because it includes the body in the meditation so it's not only good for the soul but good for the body too.

I bring the energy from the root and sacral into the navel and work all three together. When I do that I'm powerfully "locked" into my body and it helps with the back too so my meditation higher up is not disrupted by the lower down.

Sometimes I bring the sacral higher.
Sometimes i bring them all into my head.
Sometimes i do what's kind of like an all-over cleanse by doing a macrocosmic orbit.

The chakras are our operating system. We use them all the time. So meditation practice is an opportunity to supercharge them with prana and start your day with a glowing aura!