Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 29-12-2020, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, if nothing else, you are making the grammar a lot better.
OMG - you have no idea how I bite my knuckle; should I say something or not? Eng Lit minor yrs ago!
You got an immediate F - if in a brilliant paper you accidentally said 'to' instead of ''too''. Or there instead of their...
The terror still lives in me from that.

Anyone write Shivani's friend yet?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-12-2020, 01:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
OMG - you have no idea how I bite my knuckle; should I say something or not? Eng Lit minor yrs ago!
You got an immediate F - if in a brilliant paper you accidentally said 'to' instead of ''too''. Or there instead of their...
The terror still lives in me from that.

Anyone write Shivani's friend yet?

I den be doomed.
I is grammatically beyond all hope.
Old 31-12-2020, 05:41 AM
Seeker
I like her posts. I would have liked to meet her.

She's in Australia, right? I hear things are especially brutal there, so I hope she is okay.
Old 31-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
I like her posts. I would have liked to meet her.

She's in Australia, right? I hear things are especially brutal there, so I hope she is okay.
Really? Even now? I heard it was way better than the USA ---are we talking about Covid?
They have been thru a lot weather wise...and the fires.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-12-2020, 09:11 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Really? Even now? I heard it was way better than the USA ---are we talking about Covid?
They have been thru a lot weather wise...and the fires.
It just sounded like they're going through a lot.
I hope you're right. I hope it is better.

Edit: that was slightly awkward phrasing - I hope everywhere is doing better than the rumours.

Last edited by Aditi : 31-12-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 31-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Does anyone know if she is okay? She vanished from the forum about a year ago.
Perhaps she was exasperated that you were not able to decipher the Self and Advaita, and what it is all about inspite of repeated explanations, and decided to go for a long break.

But I am sure she will be back.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 31-12-2020, 02:48 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Perhaps she was exasperated that you were not able to decipher the Self and Advaita, and what it is all about inspite of repeated explanations, and decided to go for a long break.

It's not an easy thing to grasp intellectually and even less so to realize experientially however it is doable, eventually and with enough desire, dedication and practice. This is especially true for the Western mind.
Old 31-12-2020, 03:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's not an easy thing to grasp intellectually and even less so to realize experientially however it is doable, eventually and with enough desire, dedication and practice. This is especially true for the Western mind.
I suppose that with enough desire, dedication, and practice, the intellect can be made to grasp, realize, and experience all sorts of things.
Western mind or not.
Old 31-12-2020, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00

Yes, it took me 10 years of repeated explanations to get the gist of it. I must have started hundreds of I AM threads. Tested some members patience to the limit.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Master
Her and I haven't been in contact with each other in a couple of years now, She does have a tendency to take breaks from the internet/outside world.

But, with this wild, wierd year I hope all is okay with Her.