Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 09:34 PM
Master
COVID Fatigue

Covid fatigue is a term now being used to describe the mental and emotional condition of many around this pandemic. It might also be called “pandemic fatigue.”

Fatigue implies stress, being worn out by all of the information, often conflicting information. First responders, especially medical people, burning out. The dire outlook with increasing reported deaths from covid, and the restrictions that are placed on people during this pandemic all contribute to what is now being called “covid-fatigue.”

The stress response, which many believe is just fight or flight, actually may entail more than that. Fight, wear a mask, social distancing, and for better or worst, what policies local and regional communities are implementing. Flight, try to leave the area and go to a place in this world where the covid risk is low. Flight also means mentally escaping the covid diatribe. In my opinion this pandemic should have never been allowed to become a political issue, but when jobs, money, civil liberties, and other social issues are involved, politics are also involved.

Besides fight or flight a person may become paralyzed with fear when faced with a threat. They may also deny the existence of the threat. Stressors usually do not go on as long as this covid pandemic has gone on. So we are dealing with long term stress here, which is a major factor of covid fatigue. This is a new virus and the information on it is just now being developed as we experience it for the first time. It seems much of the information is tentative. Maintaining clarity would help more than anger or confusion.

Covid-fatigue is and emotional fatigue, it may manifest with uncontrollable crying, grief at the loss of many things we can not do, or are told not to do, during this pandemic. and unfortunately we still have many months to go before real relief may be felt by the masses. Maintaining balance, a healthy lifestyle, and doing preventive activities, like lightly exercising daily, or several times a week, can go a long way to combat covid fatigue. There are people doing virtual therapy using Zoom, etc., if they have issues they feel warrant professional intervention.

Having a structured life even if you are isolated at home alone can help. Maybe part of my structure is posting stuff like this so I don’t go bonkers. The darker it gets outside the more we need to have our headlights on. Our physical body is our vehicle by which we travel in this world. In the dreary dark cloud hanging over most of this world today, we need to have our own inner light on shinning brightly simply because it is pretty dark outside 24/7.

Please stay safe
Old 02-12-2020, 10:11 PM
Master
Yes we have to keep busy Starman - keep the mind and the immune system strong - fear and the bombardment of bad news caused this pandemic to be so bad... every time the radio news came on another so many have died from this 'thing' - maybe 10 times a day, I started to lower the volume - you were brought out of retirement if I remember correct, into the front line of attack in the hospitals...

We have to remember everyone to keep smiling, laugh, sing in the shower - rest when rest is needed, and stay positive... have a good day/evening everyone - stay strong, we will get through this together...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 02-12-2020, 11:08 PM
I find not watching the first 5 min of any Nat'l News helps!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Master
Thank you One-Light for that uplifting sharing. California, where I live, did this past month of May request medical people, doctors, nurses, techs, etc., who were retired to please come out of retirement to help out if there is a shortage of actively working medical staff in our communities, hospitals especially.

It is called the California Health Corp and most probably other States, and places outside the U.S, has done this also, and yes I am signed up for it, but they have not needed us. Fortunately hospital beds, including ICU beds, and hospital staff are available in California. California is sending people and supplies to other places to help out.

We do not have a shortage as yet but we are prepared if covid cases increase further, hospital beds are filled up, field hospitals are erected on sports playing fields, etc., they will also have about 70,000 medical people who are coming out of retirement to help the California Health Corp.

Medical people coming out of retirement have to re-activate their license if their position requires. Most of the 70,000 people who signed up are elderly people who worked with some kind of professional medical or mental health certification previously, and also support people have enrolled as well. I have delivered a few meals, which has kept me busy and got me out of the house. This thing that is happening to us is a great opportunity to serve others.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Covid fatigue is a term now being used to describe the mental and emotional condition of many around this pandemic. It might also be called “pandemic fatigue.”

Fatigue implies stress, being worn out by all of the information, often conflicting information. First responders, especially medical people, burning out. The dire outlook with increasing reported deaths from covid, and the restrictions that are placed on people during this pandemic all contribute to what is now being called “covid-fatigue.”

The stress response, which many believe is just fight or flight, actually may entail more than that. Fight, wear a mask, social distancing, and for better or worst, what policies local and regional communities are implementing. Flight, try to leave the area and go to a place in this world where the covid risk is low. Flight also means mentally escaping the covid diatribe. In my opinion this pandemic should have never been allowed to become a political issue, but when jobs, money, civil liberties, and other social issues are involved, politics are also involved.

Besides fight or flight a person may become paralyzed with fear when faced with a threat. They may also deny the existence of the threat. Stressors usually do not go on as long as this covid pandemic has gone on. So we are dealing with long term stress here, which is a major factor of covid fatigue. This is a new virus and the information on it is just now being developed as we experience it for the first time. It seems much of the information is tentative. Maintaining clarity would help more than anger or confusion.

Covid-fatigue is and emotional fatigue, it may manifest with uncontrollable crying, grief at the loss of many things we can not do, or are told not to do, during this pandemic. and unfortunately we still have many months to go before real relief may be felt by the masses. Maintaining balance, a healthy lifestyle, and doing preventive activities, like lightly exercising daily, or several times a week, can go a long way to combat covid fatigue. There are people doing virtual therapy using Zoom, etc., if they have issues they feel warrant professional intervention.

Having a structured life even if you are isolated at home alone can help. Maybe part of my structure is posting stuff like this so I don’t go bonkers. The darker it gets outside the more we need to have our headlights on. Our physical body is our vehicle by which we travel in this world. In the dreary dark cloud hanging over most of this world today, we need to have our own inner light on shinning brightly simply because it is pretty dark outside 24/7.

Please stay safe

This is a timely topic.

I am surprised how polarized people have become with one another during this Pandemic. Instead of drawing together....... in many cases it is the opposite.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-light
Yes we have to keep busy Starman - keep the mind and the immune system strong - fear and the bombardment of bad news caused this pandemic to be so bad... every time the radio news came on another so many have died from this 'thing' - maybe 10 times a day, I started to lower the volume - you were brought out of retirement if I remember correct, into the front line of attack in the hospitals...

We have to remember everyone to keep smiling, laugh, sing in the shower - rest when rest is needed, and stay positive... have a good day/evening everyone - stay strong, we will get through this together...

When this 'began', I worked on building my immune system and lung capicity.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I find not watching the first 5 min of any Nat'l News helps!!!

I am drifting toward ........... not watching any news.

I turn the TV to the Disney channel.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Master
Very wise words Starman and thank you for taking the time to post that. I agree now is the time to keep your immune system boosted in the colder and darker months and keep your mind off the fear mongering news and keep your mind active.

I myself a support worker for adults with learning disabilities and I have to wear a surgical mask for a 7 hour shift along with wearing PPE. I take daily a multi -vitamin and mineral capsule, along with L-Lysine, I also most days take a small capful of colloidal silver, and recently I have been drinking lemon and ginger herbal tea with some honey. I also gargle twice a day at work with mouthwash to keep the bacteria at bay from inhaling and wearing the masks.

Stay strong everyone .
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 PM
Master
I am extremely optimistic, we are about to turn the corner and get off of this increasing covid-19 infections path. At least three vaccine companies are already sending their covid-19 vaccines to many countries. I believe that relief from COVID-19 Fatigue is on the way.

The details of vaccine distribution are in the planning stage, and about 40% of Americans have said that they will either not take the vaccine or they will not take it until a bunch of other people have taken it and it is proven safe.

Nonetheless, that leaves about 60% of Americans who have said they will immediately get the vaccine when it becomes available. I really do not know what is happening in Europe and elsewhere when it comes to people being against vaccinations.

But I will get the shot myself and I am optimistic about it. Each person has to decide for themselves and their family. Although children do not right now appear to be in a high priority vaccine group. Medical doctors I know are telling me that they think we are currently going through the last surge of COVID-19 infection increases, but all of this information is highly tentative.

Still I am getting a lot of optimism from my deeper being around this pandemic and I feel like we will be turning away from COVID-19 fears within the next three or four months or so. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train coming your way. Positive change is in the air. The pandemic which started in 2019 may be over sooner than once thought. We can only hope so. Stay tuned as this information keeps getting updated.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Angel
Very wise words Starman and thank you for taking the time to post that. I agree now is the time to keep your immune system boosted in the colder and darker months and keep your mind off the fear mongering news and keep your mind active.

I myself a support worker for adults with learning disabilities and I have to wear a surgical mask for a 7 hour shift along with wearing PPE. I take daily a multi -vitamin and mineral capsule, along with L-Lysine, I also most days take a small capful of colloidal silver, and recently I have been drinking lemon and ginger herbal tea with some honey. I also gargle twice a day at work with mouthwash to keep the bacteria at bay from inhaling and wearing the masks.

Stay strong everyone .
Since the conception of the Virus, I have been drinking concoctions that contained Ginger. I also check my blood sugars, take various vitamins, wash mouth out with hydrogen peroxide, etc.

Closed Thread