Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Just listening to JASG and Mike sparring endlessly is enough to make me question the premise of this thread
Well, the title of this thread is ego is a good thing, not the ego is an illusion or unreal
Old 14-01-2021, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Perhaps I enjoy talking to myself? I am quite sociable and not at all shy.

Or maybe... https://youtu.be/6mk1OIARlHc ...LOL!

Of course the possibility exists it is ego run amok.
If you really believe what you say you do, there will be no (individual) myself for you to talk to.

Whom is this myself that you point to? Is there an individual Justasimpleguy or is there not?

You keep pointing and refering to I, me, my, so it is obvious there is an individual justasimpleguy, even though you will not admit to there being an individual Justasimpleguy.

Point, with your fingers to the collective or universal Justasimpleguy (you can't)....now point, with your fingers to the conscious Justasimpleguy. Now this is directly experiencing and knowing something.
Old 14-01-2021, 06:09 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Perhaps I enjoy talking to myself? I am quite sociable and not at all shy.

Or maybe... https://youtu.be/6mk1OIARlHc ...LOL!

Of course the possibility exists it is ego run amok.

If a man walks alone in the woods and talks to himself, is he still wrong?
Old 14-01-2021, 11:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
If you really believe what you say you do, there will be no (individual) myself for you to talk to.

Whom is this myself that you point to? Is there an individual Justasimpleguy or is there not?

You keep pointing and refering to I, me, my, so it is obvious there is an individual justasimpleguy, even though you will not admit to there being an individual Justasimpleguy.

Point, with your fingers to the collective or universal Justasimpleguy (you can't)....now point, with your fingers to the conscious Justasimpleguy. Now this is directly experiencing and knowing something.

Honest answer. There is no me talking to you, but only I talking to I. It just appears there's a me talking to a you from the sensory perception perspective, and that includes the brain.

That's the ultimate conclusion of non-duality. Sure, there's an apparent me and apparent you transacting in an apparent objective reality but the underlying reality is all the apparents are appearance of Self and within Self, of Consciousness and within Consciousness.

I know it sounds like theory or worse - fevered imagination, fantasy or delusion - however I was there and intensely so for several weeks, and though it faded it hasn't totally subsided. Call it an awakening experience and it's left an indelible mark that can't be erased.

Okay, queue up the laughter. LOL! Oh, wait... https://youtu.be/aACGt5JUIT4?t=1574
Old 14-01-2021, 11:54 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Honest answer. There is no me talking to you, but only I talking to I. It just appears there's a me talking to a you from the sensory perception perspective, and that includes the brain.

That's the ultimate conclusion of non-duality. Sure, there's an apparent me and apparent you transacting in an apparent objective reality but the underlying reality is all the apparents are appearance of Self and within Self, of Consciousness and within Consciousness.

I know it sounds like theory or worse - fevered imagination, fantasy or delusion - however I was there and intensely so for several weeks, and though it faded it hasn't totally subsided. Call it an awakening experience and it's left an indelible mark that can't be erased.

Okay, queue up the laughter. LOL! Oh, wait... https://youtu.be/aACGt5JUIT4?t=1574

Oh! I know exactly how you feel. I get several weeks of fevered imagination, fantasy and delusion all the time. It's not always like that. Unfortunately I also get my periods of lucidity in between as well. Yeah, those awakened moments certainly are about as dull of an experience as can be, I do wish I could erase them, but alas' I can't.
Old 14-01-2021, 11:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Oh! I know exactly how you feel. I get several weeks of fevered imagination, fantasy and delusion all the time. It's not always like that. Unfortunately I also get my periods of lucidity in between as well. Yeah, those awakened moments certainly are about as dull of an experience as can be, I do wish I could erase them, but alas' I can't.

Hey, are you my reverse doppelgänger?
Old 15-01-2021, 12:04 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Hey, are you my reverse doppelgänger?

No. You are your own reverse doppelbocker. I don't really exist, but you already know that, I know because I know it, and you know what I know and what that is.....don't take my word for it, just ask yourself!
Old 15-01-2021, 12:10 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
No. You are your own reverse doppelbocker. I don't really exist, but you already know that, I know because I know it, and you know what I know and what that is.....don't take my word for it, just ask yourself!

Hey, are you trying to confuse me? That's not all that big an accomplishment. LOL!

For transacting in this reality it's best to stick with personal pronouns and from a local perspective. Cuts down on the confusion and I do appreciate that. Dang, you also used too many emoticons and left none for me! ;-)
Old 15-01-2021, 12:16 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Hey, are you trying to confuse me? That's not all that big an accomplishment. LOL!

For transacting in this reality it's best to stick with personal pronouns and from a local perspective. Cuts down on the confusion and I do appreciate that.
Well, given that it's all you, I agree that you should have my your way.

P.S. Sorry about hogging all the emoticons, I get rather emotional about this topic.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:21 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Well, given that it's all you, I agree that you should have my your way.

P.S. Sorry about hogging all the emoticons, I get rather emotional about this topic.

I edited my previous reply to reflect the edit of your post I quoted. I'm having one heck of a time keeping up with myself!