Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-07-2020, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
To be sure, have no thoughts and center our feelings, as thoughts and feelings may occur in the now but when we are focused on our thoughts and feelings we are not focusing on the now. There is and eternal now, one continuous now, which can be perceived, but thoughts break that eternal now into increments of now that we associate with time.

When I awaken from sleep I usually have no thoughts and that is a great time to go right into quiet meditation, which helps me maintain that inner silence, that continuous now, most of the day. I only think when I need to think, as thinking is a tool that if we do not learn how to use, it will use us. I have seen lots of people with thought disorders and people who are dragged around by their thoughts; generally their mind, or thinking process, is going 24/7.

Quieting our mind helps to give it a break, just like our physical body and emotions need a break. The mind is a wonderful thing, that can also drive us crazy if we let it. The function of the human mind is to compare and contrast, it primarily focuses on the past and future; memories and desires, but when we quiet our mind we can truly, without question, live in the moment, the eternal moment. As I am sure many have noticed, regardless how old you may be, it is always now.

There is only the now so nothing has to be done to be in it. There is no concern if One happens to be thinking or feeling about the past or future because it is already Oneness manifesting as such so no disconnection from Oneness.
Old 25-07-2020, 07:00 AM
Master

Quote:
To be sure, have no thoughts and center our feelings, as thoughts and feelings may occur in the now but when we are focused on our thoughts and feelings we are not focusing on the now. There is and eternal now, one continuous now, which can be perceived, but thoughts break that eternal now into increments of now that we associate with time.

When I awaken from sleep I usually have no thoughts and that is a great time to go right into quiet meditation, which helps me maintain that inner silence, that continuous now, most of the day. I only think when I need to think, as thinking is a tool that if we do not learn how to use, it will use us. I have seen lots of people with thought disorders and people who are dragged around by their thoughts; generally their mind, or thinking process, is going 24/7.

Quieting our mind helps to give it a break, just like our physical body and emotions need a break. The mind is a wonderful thing, that can also drive us crazy if we let it. The function of the human mind is to compare and contrast, it primarily focuses on the past and future; memories and desires, but when we quiet our mind we can truly, without question, live in the moment, the eternal moment. As I am sure many have noticed, regardless how old you may be, it is always now.

There is only the now so nothing has to be done to be in it. There is no concern if One happens to be thinking or feeling about the past or future because it is already Oneness manifesting as such so no disconnection from Oneness.

The mind can just be left to get on with its job of running like a computer to solve the problems referred to it by the Organism. It is simply Oneness minding so again no disconnection from Oneness. Once all is included as Oneness manifesting it is cleary seen that all that is regarded as problematic is solved.
Old 25-07-2020, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit

The mind can just be left to get on with its job of running like a computer to solve the problems referred to it by the Organism. It is simply Oneness minding so again no disconnection from Oneness. Once all is included as Oneness manifesting it is cleary seen that all that is regarded as problematic is solved.

The issue is not whether we are disconnected or not, rather the issue is whether we are consciously connected or not. There is no way that we can not be connected but there are many ways that we can act in a disconnected way. Being in the eternal moment, with no thoughts, allows for a more conscious connection. If what you have shared is so then there is no need for spiritual development, and I realize that some people do believe that there is no need for a more conscious connection. It is not my place to convince you to see things my way so I will accept that we see things differently and leave it at that.

Peace
Old 25-07-2020, 08:19 AM
Master

Quote:
The issue is not whether we are disconnected or not, rather the issue is whether we are consciously connected or not. There is no way that we can not be connected but there are many ways that we can act in a disconnected way. Being in the eternal moment, with no thoughts, allows for a more conscious connection. If what you have shared is so then there is no need for spiritual development, and I realize that some people do believe that there is no need for a more conscious connection. It is not my place to convince you to see things my way so I will accept that we see things differently and leave it at that.

Peace

Again it is the mistake of not including all as Oneness manifest. It is already Oneness not consciously connected. Disconnection itself is not disconnected !!!
Old 25-07-2020, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Again it is the mistake of not including all as Oneness manifest. It is already Oneness not consciously connected. Disconnection itself is not disconnected !!!

There are no mistakes! But again, I respect your point of view as yours but not mine. I am not here to debate, rather I am just here to share. In my opinion divine truth is not something we should agree upon rather it is something we should experience for ourselves. Once we start agreeing on spiritual truths then we are entering the realm of religion.
Old 25-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Master
Quote:
I like Lao Tzu's take on it:

'If you are depressed,
You are living in the past.
If you are anxious,
You are living in the future.
If you are at peace,
You are living in the present.'

So the question for me would be: Are you at peace?

It's important, I think, that we don't try to use the logic of non-duality to try to spiritually bypass what feels uncomfortable or painful, I've seen this so often in this subforum and I just find it unhelpful and, honestly, rather tiresome. It can seem easier and safer to approach spirituality in a very intellectual way, but I don't think this approach actually leads to spiritual liberation - more often than not, it seems to me, it just leads to denial and avoidance. Self-honesty and self-awareness are so important if we're truly sincere about spiritual transformation.
Old 25-07-2020, 02:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I like Lao Tzu's take on it:

'If you are depressed,
You are living in the past.
If you are anxious,
You are living in the future.
If you are at peace,
You are living in the present.'

So the question for me would be: Are you at peace?

It's important, I think, that we don't try to use the logic of non-duality to try to spiritually bypass what feels uncomfortable or painful, I've seen this so often in this subforum and I just find it unhelpful and, honestly, rather tiresome. It can seem easier and safer to approach spirituality in a very intellectual way, but I don't think this approach actually leads to spiritual liberation - more often than not, it seems to me, it just leads to denial and avoidance. Self-honesty and self-awareness are so important if we're truly sincere about spiritual transformation.

It depends what Ones concern is that launches One on the spiritual search. For those whose concern is total connection to Oneness then the end of the search results in the realization that total connection to Oneness is unavoidable. Oneness is the only reality so manifests as all no matter what the content of Ones life happens to be. So the search ends because nothing needs to change. Peace reigns.
Old 25-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
It depends what Ones concern is that launches One on the spiritual search. For those whose concern is total connection to Oneness then the end of the search results in the realization that total connection to Oneness is unavoidable. Oneness is the only reality so manifests as all no matter what the content of Ones life happens to be. So the search ends because nothing needs to change. Peace reigns.
Has the search ended for you?
Old 25-07-2020, 03:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Has the search ended for you?

Yes there has been a resonance with All is One resulting in the end of the search that is not dependant on whatever state I may from time to time be in. Oneness is the only reality so all states are Oneness manifest. So nothing needs to change and suffering continues depending on circumstances but there is no longer the additional suffering of feeling disconnected from Oneness whilst suffering:). How are things going for you?
Old 25-07-2020, 04:04 PM
Master

Quote:
There are no mistakes! But again, I respect your point of view as yours but not mine. I am not here to debate, rather I am just here to share. In my opinion divine truth is not something we should agree upon rather it is something we should experience for ourselves. Once we start agreeing on spiritual truths then we are entering the realm of religion.

We are vastly different but of course your approach is respected for the character you are, and it is good to reach mutual understanding that does not require agreement, so thanks, be well, and good luck.