Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I know I could look it up.
But BJ, ha, not Big John ---do you wanna just write the basic 1-4 or 5
that would make a person a Spiritualist?
Nothing makes a person a Spiritualist, Miss H.

There is no "basic 1-4 or 5..." but what Spiritualists generally accept and embrace are the simple notions of our survival beyond death and the occasional return - via mediumship - of some of those who have passed over individuals - individuals eager to reassure those alive in this world that they are also very much alive and well in their own.
Quote:
But very simple, basic? (Not what it isn't.)
I don't generally go into what it isn't unless someone who doesn't know starts to tell me and others something that's wrong. That's the point I consider it vitally important to correct the misinformation.
Quote:
Christians have their's - the list is simple, clear and listed in the Apostle's Creed; ya don't believe
in just one you can't call yourself a Christian, (tho, many may think they are, ha!! They can be a thief ---but
if they believe all of that Creed - they are a Christian -tho they are considered 'sinners', who Christ came for!!)
That's up to the adherents of other regions. I'm not a Christian so I don't tell anyone what Christianity is about. Similarly in respect of any other religion, faith or creed you care to mention. Other Spiritualists may disagree with my simple approach to Modern Spiritualism - to give it its full title. And that's just fine because I am able to support and defend everything I say.

As a final note, just because I'm a Spiritualist doesn't mean that's ALL I am. Spiritualism's simple message of survival was my starting point into learning about many aspects which would be meaningless without understanding and accepting survival et al.

And as a very final note, there may be many others out there who know, understand and accept much the same 'stuff' but don't or won't call themselves Spiritualists. And that's absolutely fine by me! I have absolutely no desire to try to change their approach and would be very happy for them.