Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 02-11-2020, 04:00 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I never realized neti-neti practice, was SO like the first few lessons
of ACIM©. Figures!
Nothing new under the sun ...and great minds think alike!

If a thing can be experienced, either external (cat, dog, me, you) or internal (thoughts, emotions, sensations), it's not It. That which experiences is It. Furthermore since the mind can be experienced too (I'm happy, I'm sad), it is not the Experiencer either.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

The other aspect for me is once I was able to "touch" it I now "know" it's there, even in the midst of worldly engagement including chaos, and during the day as often as I remember I "find" that place via the Karma Yoga practice of Work as Witness. Seems like a nice compliment to the sitting practice.

This is a sign of maturity in practice.

When your meditation matures it transforms into a state where a depth of silence and peace continues to exist even in activity. It is not a practice, it is a by-product.— Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

A sign of meditative awareness in work is that you will be able to start and stop the activity at will and not be under the influence of unconscious habit.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 04-11-2020, 10:32 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
This is a sign of maturity in practice.

When your meditation matures it transforms into a state where a depth of silence and peace continues to exist even in activity. It is not a practice, it is a by-product.— Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

A sign of meditative awareness in work is that you will be able to start and stop the activity at will and not be under the influence of unconscious habit.

Yup. There's the meditation practice and the meditative state. The prior cultivates the latter.

Oh, and it's just not formal sitting either. Practice whenever one thinks of it. That's why Work as Witness is really growing on me. It's constantly connecting to that very same place found deep in meditation and it becomes easier and easier the more one connects.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:12 AM
Aditi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Practice whenever one thinks of it.
This is my stance on (ajapa)japa practise, too, in addition to daily routine. It's good advice.

I always think of those vipassana style meditations as being more mature practises than those that come from devotion. They seem like they require more self discipline.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:59 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
This is my stance on (ajapa)japa practise, too, in addition to daily routine. It's good advice.

I always think of those vipassana style meditations as being more mature practises than those that come from devotion. They seem like they require more self discipline.

In the end the point of any spiritual practice is to cultivate its fruits to the point they ripen for all to partake of, not just the practitioner while practicing.
Old 26-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arg77
Hi all.

I would like to know if someone can help me with an experience that I have recently had.

About 2 months ago I started with the "self-inquiry" and "neti neti". I usually do it during the day and at night before going to sleep.

Both help me to discard the false and what I am not.

I have not touched the essence yet, I can simply see the thoughts of the false self arise, and I can stay there for a while .. but last night I went to bed, I started with "neti neti" and in a moment (still with thoughts in my head) I I felt dominated by something, I got carried away .. I started a strange kind of breathing, I noticed that my stomach was inflated and contracted without my will in a perfect and perfectly synchronized way and there I began to smile (without will and without having a reason) It was an explosion of happiness, ecstasy, an orgasm that flooded my entire body, I also experienced as if a rope surrounded the shapes of my two legs, very slowly, then it reached my pelvis and ended in my stomach / chest. It was approximately 3 minutes.
Never in my life have I experienced so much joy and ecstasy. I couldn't get the smile off my face, even if I tried ..

It was a beautiful thing.

Any similar experience? thanks!

Yes, and it's good to have such experiences, a sign of progress.

Another way of explaining this is as an experience of anandamaya, or bliss sheath. This is the innermost of the 5 sheaths (koshas), as described in the Taittiriya Upanishad. It's as if one "sees through" the outer sheaths, and a practice like neti-neti can have that effect. Or more simply, its a deeper experience, closer to our true Self.