Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 26-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Master

One of my favorite bugs are the June Bugs. They feel so smooth in my hand and their sticky little feet tickle my fingers. And I love it when they vibrate. Such gentle creatures and they don't mind if you pick them up for a spell, just to say hello.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator
Oh I like those June Bugs too! We get them in UK. Here we call them "May Bugs" but they are the same creatures. They crash into the window, then come inside, and seem very friendly. They do stick to your fingers though, but don't bite, which is a relief!
They come out for such a short time. Maybe that is their mating time....I don't know enough about them. Then they disappear. I often wonder what happens to them.
Old 30-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Master
Found on my porch one Fall. One is a fallen Cottonwood leaf.
The other? A, "mimic" worm, or Caterpillar. Can you tell the difference?

Amazing.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Master
This season, the black "Wooly Worms" or Wooly Bear worms are everywhere, almiost like ants, in great abundance. A few are Grey.
There will probably be alot of Butteflies next Spring, as a result. Wasn't sure what the lore was concerning this, either an early Winter, or Milder, or..?

At the Farmer's Almanac site, at Almanac.com I found this...

"For the past 10 years, Banner Elk, North Carolina, has held an annual "Woolly Worm Festival" each October, highlighted by a caterpillar race. Retired mayor Charles Von Canon inspects the champion woolly bear and announces his winter forecast."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Master
According to the Farmer's Almanac...

"According to legend, the wider that middle brown section is (i.e., the more brown segments there are), the milder the coming winter will be. Conversely, a narrow brown band is said to predict a harsh winter. But is it true?"

Old 16-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Master
There was something that I watched a while back which was amazing. It was about caterpillars being frozen over the winter, as a single season wasn't long enough.

This morning I was moving small and tiny slugs, away from the vegetables. A few weeks back I was surprised when hoverflies walked onto my finger, so that I could take them outside :)
Old 26-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Master
Interesting note. Walking the dog, I came across a squashed Bull snake on the road, which looks similar to a Rattler.
As I noticed something, I bent down. It was a little honey bee having a dine on it.
Now you know what Honey Bees resort to if there aren't much in the way of flowers around.

Also, some years back.
When I was still drinking sugary sodas, I had left a bag of soda cans out on the back deck in a bag over the Winter. Well, Honey Bees got into it apparently before I had closed it up.
Just before Spring, before any Bees were out and about from their hives, I noticed the bag and opened it.

Out came flying Bees which had weathered the Winter in the plastic bag, survivng on the residual liquid in the cans.
There were three. One of them came out and nearly immediately hit the ground.
Another flew out and made it some distance before going down, and the third flew away in kind of a wobbly manner, probably looking for it's hive it had left before Winter had set in.

Old 27-09-2014, 02:05 AM
Knower
The other day I was walking down the driveway to the mailbox and I saw flying ants, millions of them coming up from under a rotting tree stump and flying up toward the sun.

Then within about an hour I was in my back yard and saw smaller flocks of flying ants but were still flying toward the sun.

The next day it was all done, no more flying ants.

To see how they had the same timing to fly up toward the sun was amazing.

The sun is still out with a clear sky, but no more flying ants to be seen.
Old 19-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Master
A male Praying Mantis has been photographed offering a small flower with stem to a female.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2916119/He-s-got-no-idea-s-male-praying-Mantis-pictured-presenting-lover-flower-rips-head-off.html

Old 20-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
Oh boy! That is so tragic and so amazing both at the same time!
A pretty devastating love-affair! I bet he wishes he had become celibate.... lol

No, maybe not. He was in it all the way.....to the end, bless him.