Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Until very recently I had this problem quite badly...here I am, a 'spiritually awake' person in a quagmire of endless human stupidity.

It helps to remember that you came in to this world alone and you depart it the same way, so whatever other people do or say has absolutely no relevance to the 'big picture' or the overall scheme of things...it becomes a distraction only.

It's a lonely and isolating experience, but achieving samadhi on a subjective level is anyway, so nothing is lost nor gained by and through it.

If the ego still gets in the way (and it does from time to time) you can always have pity on these poor souls for not being awake/aware as you are and feel some degree of gratitude for that - it helps.

You can go into 'Jesus mode' with the whole "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" and go on a holy martyr trip...

Or you can just imagine them all falling backwards into a huge pile of faeces...

....most choose the 'compassion' aspect with "Oh, I am so sorry you are not as advanced as I am, you poor thing' and then indulge in some spiritual guilt for a while.

In the end, and as selfish as it seems, the universe chimes in with "they are not important at all, forget them" and you realise that you're all alone in this world and that's so cool because you don't need anybody to give a damn anymore because you are spiritually self-aware.

:) Thanks for your thoughts...

But I was puzzled by one thing you wrote...

Quote:
It's a lonely and isolating experience, but achieving samadhi on a subjective level is anyway, so nothing is lost nor gained by and through it.

Samadhi is my spiritual goal. Mastering it, that is!
Old 14-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
If its all illusion then even saying its an illusion is but part of the illusion, and if the statement is true then it proves it doesn't matter because its an illusion.

Is the belief that its all illusion just an illusion? An illusion compared to what absolute reality?

Exactly .

One thing for sure is illusion is in patterns we see and can be shown to be illusion and also a part of a whole. It is certain all physical matter has properties we can see and relate to and others we cannot. Therefore there are layers of illusion to. Obviously the brain sees in (energy) patterns and creates patterns not there or does not see, it lies to itself. This is where properties come into play. So we can see this is both scientific and spiritual, able to prove.

Having said this can anyone take this forward. imo there is a part not illusion as mentioned something we compare to. I'll post mine later, but any thoughts.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
Hello again Greenslade :) sorry I missed your post earlier,
Hi again to you, and it's cool.

Quote:
By their actions, vibration, the way they carry themselves. Of course, it's all a matter of degree but generally you can tell if someone isn't too evolved if they have poor personal hygiene, are short temperered or aggressive, or just shallow in their perspectives - just to list a few examples.
All of those are just outward appearances other than their vibrations, and unless you're vibration-sensitive there's no way to tell. None of those other things you mention are Spirituality- or awareness-dependent. I've met a few people who are very shallow in their perspectives and they call themselves Spiritual.

Quote:
I don't worry too much if someone is into yoga/meditation. If they're nice/caring people then they have my respect!
I;m with you on that one.

Quote:
Sometimes, I'm amazed at how stupid and foolish some people can be. It can be frustrating. I'm like "why don't they get it?" But then I have to remind myself of all the self-work and philosophical introspection I've done.
I've met 'Spiritually advanced' people like that too.

Quote:
Can't help it.
At the end of the day we can't run away from who and what we are.

Quote:
Hm, I've been using black tourmaline lately...
If that works for you, but as you said yourself ultimately nothing is needed if you really think about it.

Quote:
If you think about it, negativity and hostility are a form of black magic. Perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic calling it black magic though!
A little perhaps, but I'll forgive you. But if you also think about it, negativity is a choice of perception and not a Universal Law. Usually it boils down to what we don't like or accept.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It is more the question of how does one believe that?

I am an Advaitin, so I know the whole world is Maya (illusion), problem is, I am also illusory relative to it...so that makes it all 'subjectively real' even though I am fully aware that it is not.

This is a conundrum.

it is jsut another feeling you have , and the images you wrap yourself up in. Just you do certain things and it means such and such to humans in general, same as walking, except everyone knows how to walk. Although I don't think everyone is necessarily aware of how many ways there are to walk either...
Quote:

I could very happily lock myself away forever in my room and gaze at my navel for the rest of my life, but it will be a very short life if I didn't need to depend on others for my own physical and mental wellbeing.

I mean, we can forget about Spiritual wellbeing because god takes care of all that...

It's like I have been held to ransom by the whole human condition, so for me to say "there are no others" means that "there is nothing at all" and while that may be good for Buddhists....to 'become nothing' is what they want, it somehow seems totally lacking for me and I'd rather 'become everything' because there's much more fun in that.

yeah i guess it is worth the trip, to see the sights so to speak

But I'm not sure what I want any more, my whole life has been one big long knowing what it is like to travel places but not wanting to go anywhere sigh.