Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-03-2021, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak6831
Hello, I've read a lot of stuff here that I dont seem to resonate with a lot, to e i thought I would set up this thread in order to for people to share truth along our path to freedom. I have read much of I Am That, I have read some of ramana maharshi, I enjoy listening to rupert spira and mooji. can people please give me more advice to stay as 'I am', I am constantly getting distracted. I know this is my mind but i haven't been able to become established within I am
Any advice dudes?

I AM love. An affirmation that makes a lot of sense to me.Amen
Old 16-03-2021, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376
I believe that we all have an I AM Presence and that we, here on earth are extensions of our I AM Presence. The Creator is Spirit and our I AM Presence is Spirit. Scripture says that the “fruit of the Spirit” is: “..love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control”. If we look around at others and ourselves, does anyone exhibit these “fruit of the Spirit” unconditionally as Jesus and the Buddha? Personally, while I firmly aspire to continuous growth and have experienced some growth toward unconditional love, joy, peace, etc, I can see that I still have quite a way to go. But I have experienced an almost continuous joy on the journey, especially whenever I identify and let a separate self (one aspect of my ego) die that I have created with quite often ridiculous expectations of myself, of life and of other people as well as the conditions I have created or accepted for judgment of myself and others.

So maybe the goal is not so much “Staying I AM” but “Becoming I AM”—gradually transcending our current limited self, continually letting go of our expectations of life, of other people and the standards we have created or accepted by which we judge ourselves and others resulting in continually rising higher and higher in consciousness AND oneness with our I AM Presence until we ARE one with our I AM Presences, and we can say, “I and my Father are One” as Jesus did.
Yep, I AM presence/present in the eternal and infinite right here and right now.

The goal is to align our minds to the eternal and infinite right here and right now/oneness mentally and emotionally. The mental and emotional will take care of "both" "realities" the physical/seen and the unseen/nonphysical oneness "realities" because they are one and the same. The mind, and the mental and emotional are also oneness. This is why dismissing the mind or making the mind the fall/bad guy is not a good idea.
Old 16-03-2021, 11:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Yep, I AM presence/present in the eternal and infinite right here and right now.

The goal is to align our minds to the eternal and infinite right here and right now/oneness mentally and emotionally. The mental and emotional will take care of "both" "realities" the physical/seen and the unseen/nonphysical oneness "realities" because they are one and the same. The mind, and the mental and emotional are also oneness. This is why dismissing the mind or making the mind the fall/bad guy is not a good idea.

When we truly realise the I AM presence then it is always present, unchanging. The mind and the emotions are irrelevant because the I AM or the Self is not touched by them. The Self is present whatever the mind and emotions are doing. This is the nature of choiceless awareness.

Peace
Old 17-03-2021, 12:05 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376
I believe that we all have an I AM Presence and that we, here on earth are extensions of our I AM Presence.
The Creator is Spirit and our I AM Presence is Spirit.
*shortened for space*

...oneness with our I AM Presence until we ARE one with our I AM Presences,
and we can say, “I and my Father are One” as Jesus did.
Well, aren't you a wonderful addition to the forum!
Welcome aboard, Tom!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-03-2021, 12:34 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
When we truly realise the I AM presence then it is always present, unchanging. The mind and the emotions are irrelevant because the I AM or the Self is not touched by them. The Self is present whatever the mind and emotions are doing. This is the nature of choiceless awareness.

Peace

True that and it's why I highly recommend devoting some practice time to some form of effortless meditation. Call it resting in awareness, choiceless awareness, do nothing meditation or just sitting. No objects of attending and no attending. Simply resting in that Awareness.

What I eventually came to realize is that ever-present and unchanging being, first while practicing but eventually outside of practice and in the midst of daily activity, even chaos and crisis.

Body changes. Mind changes. Thoughts change. Emotions change. Memory changes. Knowledge changes. Beliefs change. Awareness doesn't change and is always present. Always pure. Always unsullied by all that changes.

Conclusion: I am That which is always present, always unchanging. Everything else comes and goes within that "space" of absolute stillness and silence and cannot touch It.

Tat Twam Asi.
Old 17-03-2021, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Peace
It is the mind that realizes that the I AM presence/present is always present, unchanging. You said this yourself in a way.

Of course I AM or the Self is not touched aka conditioned by emotions, when I AM presence/present is present.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aware

Definition of aware
1: having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge
be aware of the danger
aware of the latest advances in medicine
Old 17-03-2021, 10:45 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I went to shopping today with my mum, and I noticed that I cannot know whether other people exist. Ofcourse, I can see them and notice their movements and speech, but I cannot absolutely know their own existence. And If i cannot know their existence then whats to say i exist? when noticing this, I was shifted into a state of presence, not very strong but there was a slight dissolving of the separate sense of self. I also noticed today that when i observe a particular belief arising in the now for what it is - an illusory pseudo reality rather than something objectively real - I feel like ive raised my vibration. believing the thought feels 'lower', not in a bad way, the absence of the belief is more truthful and 'Higher'.
This all came about when i was not focusing on the 'I am' it just naturally arised without my doing..
Does this make any sense to anyone? I would love to hear your thoughts
Old 17-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak6831
I went to shopping today with my mum, and I noticed that I cannot know whether other people exist. Ofcourse, I can see them and notice their movements and speech, but I cannot absolutely know their own existence. And If i cannot know their existence then whats to say i exist? when noticing this, I was shifted into a state of presence, not very strong but there was a slight dissolving of the separate sense of self. I also noticed today that when i observe a particular belief arising in the now for what it is - an illusory pseudo reality rather than something objectively real - I feel like ive raised my vibration. believing the thought feels 'lower', not in a bad way, the absence of the belief is more truthful and 'Higher'.
This all came about when i was not focusing on the 'I am' it just naturally arised without my doing..
Does this make any sense to anyone? I would love to hear your thoughts
You know people exist physically, which includes their feeling sense I AM, by observing/looking at them, but you can't know how a person exists/lives in his/her mind, unless of course he/she tells you. It's not about just thinking "I am" this or that, it is about feeling the feeling of I AM exists and I AM is present in the eternal and infinite right here and right now. If you do not like where you are in/at the present moment-you ignore it (by daydreaming/fantasizing about something else, as an example), you will not feel the feeling of I AM present in the eternal and infinite right here and right now/oneness.

We all live by our beliefs. Our beliefs are what shapes our awareness i.e our realizations, perceptions, and knowledge. Knowledge also shapes our awareness, and creates an infinite loop.
Old 17-03-2021, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
It is the mind that realizes that the I AM presence/present is always present, unchanging. You said this yourself in a way.

Of course I AM or the Self is not touched aka conditioned by emotions, when I AM presence/present is present.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aware

Definition of aware
1: having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge
be aware of the danger
aware of the latest advances in medicine
As I see it, it's awareness that realises; perhaps a thought then arises in response to the realisation, but awarenesss precedes thought. In my own experience, any realisations I've had have arisen throughout the entirety of my being, they weren't purely mental. The issue that a lot of spiritual seekers run into (and I'm by no means immune to this) is that they try to figure out spiritual conundra on a purely mental level, they haven't learnt how to access an intelligence that's much deeper than the intellect.
Old 17-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
You know people exist physically, which includes their feeling sense I AM, by observing/looking at them, but you can't know how a person exists/lives in his/her mind, unless of course he/she tells you. It's not about just thinking "I am" this or that, it is about feeling the feeling of I AM exists and I AM is present in the eternal and infinite right here and right now. If you do not like where you are in/at the present moment-you ignore it (by daydreaming/fantasizing about something else, as an example), you will not feel the feeling of I AM present in the eternal and infinite right here and right now/oneness.

Thank you for that, I think I was caught up in some sort of spiritual gymnastics.