Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Very little memory of childhood

Hello! I am new here - but have had my share of spiritual situations. One thing that I cant figure out is why I have hardly any memory of my childhood/upbringing. I learned through therapy that a child in stress produces an adult with little memory of childhood. Although it would seem that I had/have a fairly normal family (non-abusive). I wonder if this has anything to do with a past life. I would love to hear your thoughts? Yays and Nays welcomed, as I am trying to figure this out.

Thank you!
ERK
Old 06-01-2021, 10:23 AM
irisa

Hi Lightworker erk,

several questions come to my mind...:

How little is ´very little´ memories?
Did you maybe have an accident with the head involved that could give problems with remembering?
Maybe there´s is a block somewhere that still needs healing...from my experience things can be hidden so very deep that other´s just cannot help with this. (not suggesting that there must have been something wrong)
Maybe something between past lives and the life you lead right now: what about the time in your mothers womb?

Sometimes ´only time will tell´..

Good luck!
Irisa
Old 06-01-2021, 02:36 PM
Newbie ;)

@asearcher - Hello! No offense at all! Thank you for taking the time to share this story and information. This is interesting, on the surface my parents (still together today 34 years) would never be described as narcissistic, truly so far opposite that they have little confidence at all and people run over them all the time. But - my dad made a comment to me about a year ago that seemed so bizarre and shocking- it came up because my parents dogs were constantly at the vet and my mom was spending tons of money on medication for them and issue after issue. I mentioned that it was a bit overboard to my dad and he laughed and said, "your mom has always been like that, when you and your brother were little she would tell you what you were sick with before you even knew it". .....soooo Munchhausen bi-proxy tendencies?? which is a form of control/playing God which can relate to narcissistic behavior. Maybe I have repressed all of this. I have more memories of 11+ on but before that maybe Ive blocked it out and has nothing to do with a pastlife. I need to dig deeper.

Also, I must add that I dont see any narcissistic behavior in myself but I am, unfortunately, always attracted to partners with narcissistic tendencies and their parents are always true form narcissists - I have seen this pattern loud and clear in my life.

Thank you!! xx ERK
Old 06-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi Lightworker erk,

several questions come to my mind...:

How little is ´very little´ memories?
Did you maybe have an accident with the head involved that could give problems with remembering?
Maybe there´s is a block somewhere that still needs healing...from my experience things can be hidden so very deep that other´s just cannot help with this. (not suggesting that there must have been something wrong)
Maybe something between past lives and the life you lead right now: what about the time in your mothers womb?

Sometimes ´only time will tell´..

Good luck!
Irisa

Hi Irisa!
Im still learning how to reply directly to someone - hope this is correct

Thank you for this message and your time! The thought of a past life trauma/injury is interesting. Only a handful on memories from birth to 11. At 11 I really started to think on my own - i remember that vividly. Even the handful of memories i have prior to 11 I wonder if I only remember because Ive seen video recording of them later in life. I cannot say for sure. From what I know, my time in utero was stressful followed by some strange behavior from my mother as I was growing up, which I only learned within the last year (see other reply in this thread).

Thank you!
xx, ERK
Old 06-01-2021, 09:02 PM
Experiencer
How is it, that you have no memories?
From what i figured about myself, we somehow suppress everything when young and we are on autopilot, while everything piles up. When older, we gain control over what happens(not over everything) but as much as possible.
Than is it possible to see, that much is missing and we would like to reclaim it. I won't say, this is for everyone like this but i see that awareness means that you know, feel what you were exposed in youth-from people, to environment and when you are aware of everything, that was present in that specific moment that flew by, you can reconnect to it and really feel it as it is.

So what are real factors, that had effect on your life... It looks like hard work, lots of development and learning to figure all out.

Parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, house, location, neighbors, community, classmates, friends, school, education, spirit changes through time...
Old 06-01-2021, 10:11 PM
PureEvil760

When you're a baby you still have one foot in reality, your memories are 100% your human physical side, you forget the Truth completely as you create yourself. It's instant, once you have something here it's all you have, curtains close on reality.

Your first memory should usually be your ego being fed in some way.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker_erk
Hello! I am new here - but have had my share of spiritual situations. One thing that I cant figure out is why I have hardly any memory of my childhood/upbringing. I learned through therapy that a child in stress produces an adult with little memory of childhood. Although it would seem that I had/have a fairly normal family (non-abusive). I wonder if this has anything to do with a past life. I would love to hear your thoughts? Yays and Nays welcomed, as I am trying to figure this out.

Thank you!
ERK
Surely, depending on your beliefs, some explanations may seem more acceptable to you than others.

The idea that a stressful childhood might cause blackouts of memory doesn't suggest that the causation is likely in reverse too: it doesn't mean that because you don't recall much of your childhood, then there must be something your subconscious tries to hide from your conscious.

If you're tempted to investigate if there was something to hide, you can obviously use the services of a good and trustworthy therapist, but be aware that your and your therapist's expectations will affect what you'll experience.

You can do the same by yourself, by learning self-hypnosis and regressing to any period of your life. Anybody can do it with a little practice.

It is possible that you don't recall much of your childhood because you're too strong anchored into your present life, or if you have a pathological problem with your long term memory access. Hypnotic regression should bypass either cause.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:58 AM
Elfin

...Hi... And I honestly do not know. Its a conversation that could go on forever. You say you had no childhood trauma ,yet cannot remember.... Whereas I did have childhood trauma , and have clear images and recollections from when I was 16 months old .... Although my traumas In life did not start until I was 4 years old... But nevertheless ... Very strong memories . I know full well how we can "block " things out ... Things too bad to want to imagine ever again... But maybe to not recall things from a young age, with no trauma attached , is merely a "memory" thing. Some of us , for example, have minds that can "retain" information... And others can read the same thing, over and over, and STILL forget it 30 seconds later !!! ( That's why I flunked exams.....my excuse , I'm sticking to it !!!!!!)...
Old 15-02-2021, 10:25 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker_erk

Thank you!
ERK

In my experience something most of happened that has block your memories. I went through hypnotherapie to remember them. Trying to do this on your own or with a friend is not advised. Get professional help.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:26 AM
Knower
I can attest that having a very easy childhood seems to produce the same effect. When you have a difficult childhood, you mildly dissociate from reality (or majorly dissociate) to cope with it. When you have a blissful childhood, you are allowed to daydream aggressively without having to bother much with paying attention to the world.

SDAM can be intrinsic, too, I think. It's very common among aphants.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*