Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-02-2021, 02:58 AM
Experiencer

Question Why guy uses my name alot when communicating?

Hi everyone -

I've been away for a long while. My former co-worker and friend reconnected via text last week. I noticed he did the same thing this time that he did previously (about 8 months prior to this communication): he repeated used my first name throughout the texts. I thought it was weird. I didn't do the same with him, except the initial greeting.

I'm not sure what that means.

Does he just like my name? It's kind of a common name...not exotic or unique.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate it. Maybe I'm just reading too much into...but I'm wondering about him making an effort to put my name in every text response. Our conversations aren't long just a check-in to see how's it going, how's the weather, how's the job, who's retired, etc., take care, be safe...
Old 12-02-2021, 04:46 AM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGemini
Hi everyone -

I've been away for a long while. My former co-worker and friend reconnected via text last week. I noticed he did the same thing this time that he did previously (about 8 months prior to this communication): he repeated used my first name throughout the texts. I thought it was weird. I didn't do the same with him, except the initial greeting.

I'm not sure what that means.

Does he just like my name? It's kind of a common name...not exotic or unique.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate it. Maybe I'm just reading too much into...but I'm wondering about him making an effort to put my name in every text response. Our conversations aren't long just a check-in to see how's it going, how's the weather, how's the job, who's retired, etc., take care, be safe...
I find people do it in a way to show they like you, that they see you, that it is personal although professional. I am like you I don't use names much at all, but because I for instance go in the mornings and say Hi or goodmorning (normally just hi as it is the quickest way to say anything) they say Hi or Good morning - and then my name and smile. So I have to in short - relearn what it means to them and then I go Hi and their name too. Some do the pronounchment delibertly wrong too, with my name that is, and that is too not to make fun, but to say I like you.

So take it in - you are liked. Enjoy =)
Old 12-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Experiencer

Thanks asearcher. I appreciate your response and advice. I was just wondering.

When he worked here, I always addressed him by his official title, which he always corrected me and insisted that I call him by his first name.

I do address him by his first name now.
Old 13-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Lorelyen

Could honestly just be habit. How does he respond to others?
I've had it pointed out that I'm prone to the same thing but if so it's toward everyone with whom I'm conversing.
Old 13-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Experiencer

No, I don't see him doing it with others. When we were colleagues, he did it alot when he emailed me as well, but when he sent emails to others and cc'd me, he didn't do it.

Thinking back, when he talked to me on the phone he also did it alot too.
Old 26-02-2021, 05:14 AM
Guide

Hi there, been a while!

My twin uses my name when he wants to emphasize something (good or bad) and make sure he gets my attention. More often he'll use terms of endearment.
Old 27-02-2021, 05:43 AM
Knower
I heard once that it's an effective way to get someone to like you more. I think it was Psychology-related or something?
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 28-02-2021, 04:32 AM
Experiencer

ssdm1 - Yes, it's been a while. I've thrown myself into work and the pandemic just made it all the moreso.
Old 28-02-2021, 04:41 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoreslover
I heard once that it's an effective way to get someone to like you more. I think it was Psychology-related or something?

That would make sense for him since his job has a psych component to it.

Right after we had our truce from our squabble, he wanted me to call him by his first name which was hard for me, since I didn't know him that well and I hadn't worked closely with him for very long. For me it's a process that grows naturally over time. I was acquainted with him but hadn't worked with him.

Once I know you for a while, I'll be able to call you by your first name or your initials. If I call you by your initials I've become quite close and comfortable with you.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:53 AM
Guide

Respectful

Not everyone is.