Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 02:50 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
As comes very apparent … the entire approach of trial-and-error can be cut a bit shorter by finding someone who has been to where you wish to go … and listen to that person.
I very much agree. But sometimes it is less a matter of hearing/seeing what's told/shown. Because.. well, reasons ! It can be anything.

Also, even if you listen carefully to the person that's already there, you won't go 100% accurately the same path, neither the same result, not that it would be completely different.

Sometimes, we simply see afterwards what could have been done to produce another result. But then what's done is done, not that anything is carved in stone either. It's more a matter of how can we manage our feelings so as to "keep cool" and look at a situation without any sort of filter. It's as you said :
Quote:
LIFE has no problem in waiting.
To me paper chains also have their place. Simply realise that we are limiting ourselves so as to expand our own awareness.

Anything can happen, everything exists.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Master

Consideration Fifty-Eight …

Overview Four …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Admittedly … this “Overview” has developed into something other than a unifying statement … but so much of an “overview” has to deal with what “divides” us even as individuals within ourselves. What makes for the specifics in our individual lives? To better understand the tools and their initial purposes should help draw this “overview” to a close.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

The mind is a mechanism which is used in dealing with problems of the present by making available … in the present … its storehouse of experience and pictures. It then sets about correlating, interpreting, comparing … and then coming up with re-relations of these images … and this seems to be new thoughts … but in actuality … is merely the computation of mental pictures and concepts on an “I am supposed to do … “ basis.

Soul is that which is the consciousness … the entity … the beingness which is aware of itself. It is very easy for Soul to confuse this awareness of being aware … with the illusive and dream-like mental processes and physical movements of daily living. When this loss of being aware is complete … the persons fondest belief is that he is a body.

One of the basic purposes in having a mind is to provide a storehouse of information. It makes pictures and files them away. This is both necessary and quite handy. You do not want to re-learn everything on a daily basis. We “refer” to the stored pictures in our mental bank first … and then “translate” that into mental thought / words. This happens instantly.

One reacts to this storehouse of imagery. Even from ten lifetimes ago … if some similar experience happens to us now … we instantly flash / refer to that image stored so long ago. We just … do. That is how the mind works.

In a sense … this is a great way to slow the mind down so that we can more understand our own mind. When thoughts dance into our mind … consider where these came from. What possible situations would have brought them on. ( I’m obviously talking about those deep patterns that often plague us … and not about where 1+1 comes from. ) Even if we cannot identify exactly where various initial experiences came from that gives rise to what we believe now … we can gain much from the assumed possibilities.

Remember … that with each new incarnation … these patterns are brought with us as preferred tendencies … and then when we try to use them in our current lifetime … we must update the tendencies to fit the current situations … thus giving rise to the idea that they are “new” … when they are not. By now … most of us have a stock of past life imagery that will address most anything we have to face … all done out of habit.

Association and differentiation are two of the basic functions of the mind. The mind differentiates … it compares. Oppositely … it conceives similarities. A mind is good shape does not identify. In an instant … mind can detect the differences and similarities.

The connection between the physical body and Soul … is the mind … which is monitored by Soul. ( Please remember … not until very late on the Path does Soul know this. ) Soul can initially “reside” most anywhere in the physical body … but as one advances on the Path … Soul begins to locate Itself from the throat on up … most often in the third eye and the crown. With the very advanced steps on the Path - Soul can just tether Itself close to the body … staying three to five feet from the body … mostly behind the head. By this time … Soul understands Its necessary connections to body, mind, and emotions.

In these lower psychic worlds … as is obvious … cause and effect is the name of the game by which we learn responsibility. The whole principle of sowing and reaping … cause and effect … is actually a gift … so that each can determine what is beneficial from the detrimental. The great trick is to learn to learn to live from cause … and NOT from past effects … and especially the effect of an effect.

Looking at our own mental pictures is looking at our current effects. We “already made them” from past experiences. This is one of the reasons why very few people think beyond conventional knowledge. We have been “educated” in convention information for eons.

No effect can be produced without adequate cause. Everything must “start” … somewhere … somehow.

If Truth is set before us … both as explaining the causes … and exhibiting or showing the full measure of the resulting effects of those causes … we have deep knowledge. Gradually we come to the knowledge that thought possesses creative power … and that creative power is Spirit. This is the whole foundation for that into which the Princes … upon becoming purified … grow. Thought … pure mental action … is the only possible source from which existing creation could ever have come into manifestation at all … and it is the truth which we all seek and grow into … through the knowledge of possessing this power.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

The planes / dimensions / psychic worlds are separate from one another by etheric qualities rather than location in time and space. They are not stacked upon each other like pancakes. They are “separated” by rate of vibration. All dimensions are around us all the time. Our physical just cannot detect them … and our inner senses can be trained to do so … as Soul learns to control and acknowledge these inner senses.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 09-03-2021, 12:30 AM
This should all be in a book, you know that, right?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Master

Replies and Clarifications 9 …

Mizz H …

Yes … I suppose. ( sigh ) I have been nudged / urged many times to write a book or two and have so far kept away from that. Maybe this board provides me a way around that. I would have to do so much more organization and planning to write a book. The board allows me a great degree of freedom … as long as I stay somewhat near the topic. I’m glad you find these posts worthwhile.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Just Tim …

If I had never left my home town in the States … and wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower … or the pyramids … or the Great Wall of China … or the Amazon River … chances are I’d find someone who had been there and use their information to make my travel easier. ( Especially during the times of pre-internet and multiple travel agents. ) To take the same route … or to have the same experience as someone else did … is irrelevant. I got to the overall area. How I experience that and what I do during and after … is my own experience. There are always reasons … for or against. If someone absolutely gets me to the Eiffel Tower … then their job is done.

Also … there are reasons for the validity of the old saying … hindsight is always 20-20. It is very, very true.

Lastly … as I have said in other posts … we can acknowledge some of our habitual patterns that are disturbing but we can simply keep a wary eye on them and keep them in check when they try to raise their “adventurous” head. No one purifies to where they are 100% perfect. Even Masters will tell you this. We just keep pecking away at our list of “detriments” … tackling the next one that is the “most annoying” … and keep going until we have earned the right to step into the pure regions of Existence.

Then we have to learn a completely new perspective of viewing and reciprocal action.

The mind can … and will … always find something to find fault with. That is somewhat its job. It’s good at it. A very large corner is turned when the individual begins to allow this stuff to work *for* him rather than finding a reason to disbelieve. It is absolutely fascinating how I can personally be talking to someone and offer them 20 reasons why something would be highly advantageous to them … whatever it might be … and they will SO often find one point … often very minor … and point it out as a minor deterrent … and then they will use this to dismiss the other 19 points. Voila … opportunity avoided … often with a smile on their face.

Mind and emotions are fascinating tools.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

I am approaching 60 posts. At that time I will put in a quick series of indexes of the older posts. There is a LOT of information in here. For some of the new people that have discovered this ongoing procession … an index might help you find “where we’ve been.” As I’ve said before … I really did not believe I would still be doing this due to lack of interest. Now … I’ve got to make a bit more sense out of it all. There is a LOT of reading to be done in here. Sadly … there is no magic wand to instantly instill information in anyone. At least this information is available somewhere on the web … and those that are “ready” will find it.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

The latest post is still above … a new one by Thursday.

As always … on we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 09-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
and wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower …
I was nudged towards your thread, and there you have it ! Here is what I recall from being at the top of Eiffel Tower, a memory from 20 years ago, me at 10.

This life, as far as I can remember, I always had a fear of heights. I don't particularly like the Paris mentality and was not very happy to visit the capital. But oh well, it was a school trip and it was fun !

Well first, there's generally a long queue to get in the elevator.

To be truthful, there are worst places than the Champs Elysées to be patient. You can witness a lot of things there, and it's name is in no way ill chosen ! You can witness a lot of things there. In a word, life ! Please do tell me if you want me to elaborate and explore further my memories.

The elevator is really not that long, something like three, maybe five minutes. Can't recall precisely, the effervescence of the moment was at play ! Small groups though, hence the long queue. I don't really like the capital, but then again, when you get to the top, you fall in love with the world you see, quite frankly, made anew, perception being completely different from the view of ancient gods, above all of mankind's troubles.

As you have already guessed, being above the city feels amazing. I'm very sensitive to any kind of energy, and couldn't live in Paris. Quite frankly being there for just a few hours was already a lot ! But then, once on top, you get a view of all the city, well, more or less. And then the energy turns to compassion. You just see all beings for just what they are, not what they physically manifest to be. Not all the stress that caracterize the City of Love. This is how I remember the top.

I also remember the nets. I was persuaded that I would fall from the top. Truthfully, I did in a way, but not physically ! This was back in 2000 (I think, if not 2001). Now it's a fence I think, also costs more to get at the top.

But then again, you don't feel at the top of the world, at least not in a "conqueror" feeling, but more in a "expanded awareness on the world" feeling.

This is all I can recall from my Eiffel Tower visit. I wanted to give you this, but if by any chance someone else stumbles here then.. Enjoy
Old 10-03-2021, 12:30 AM
Your post #81 Index on first 26 in the series.

Con 1 … Post 1 … general what-it’s-all-about blab
Con 2 … 2 … a bit of mind / energy discussion
CL 1 … Post 7 … Clarifications … why I’m making these posts
Con 3 … 10 … Reincarnation and the Path
Con 4 … Post 12 … Reincarnation continued
Con 5 … 15 … Reincarnation continued again
Con 6 … Post 19 … Know Thyself
Con 7 … 21 … We did not forget
Con 8 … Post 22 … Duality
Con 9 … 30 … God
Con 10 … Post 31 … Personal Confessions 1A
CL 4 … 33 … Clarification … find the original concept
Con 11 … Post 39 … Personal Confessions continued
Con 12 - 44 … Checkpoints, Safeguards, and Spiritual Law
Con 13 … Post 48 … I’m Offended
Con 14 … 52 … Mind cannot be forced
Con 15 … Post 54 … Stopping the Mind
Con 16 … 58 … Divided Thoughts and Narrowness of Focus
Con 17 … Post 60 … Thoughts are Things
Con 18 … 61 … Take Specific Time
Con 19 … Post 64 … That’s the way I feel
Con 20 … 68 … Stop the Mind / Kill the Ego
Con 20B … 70 … Blame the Ego
Con 21 … 72 … Let’s Analyze This
Con 22 … 74 … I’m Saying WHAT to myself ?
Con 23 … 75 … Be Very Careful
Con 24 … 7 … Turn Your Perceptions Outward
Con 25 … 80 … Who Controls Who?
Con 26 … 82 … The Great Commander

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Master

Mizz H …

Much thanks. I’ve got the post number in my notes somewhere but hadn’t yet looked for it. I am working off 25 years of notes for these posts. My notes … as you can imagine … are voluminous.

By the time I reach 60 posts … I’ll divide them into two indexes and put them in back-to-back … just for ease of finding them. Thanks for getting this one here.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 11-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Master

Considerations Fifty-Nine …

Overview Five …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Truth is only for those who take the time and trouble to seek it out. We are surrounded always by conventional wisdom … and there are various levels or layers of it. That which is easily obtained and even pushed upon us … that which takes at least some personal study … and that which takes a decided degree of application. There is always an “evolved” level that is accepted as more lofty, smarter, more knowing, etc. This is accepted to be the epitome of current wisdom … of the philosophers / religionists / etc. … but there is much more beyond.

So there *is* that knowledge that is known to very few … those people who take the time and trouble to seek it out. They must clearly love uncovering deeper Truth and be willing to work towards that end. We discover that knowledge is not concealed from the eye of the masses. Most people do not want knowledge … and refuse even their share that is given to them. They simply want to gather information / opinion and endlessly debate on the value of same. In a sense … this is conventional entertainment.

It is a law … that knowledge cannot belong to all … cannot even belong to many.

In the conventional wisdom … nobody wants greater Truth because “conventional wisdom” is much more easily shaped … and does shape … everyday life. We “live” by the conventional wisdom of the day. We have little choice. It is the leaders … those who promote conventional wisdom … who have figured out how to forge the knowledge to manipulate the masses … for personal gain and power. They can use fear to control the masses so the leaders / promoters can maintain their position in society / culture. Anyone learning greater Truth would threaten that. For this reason … the leaders / promoters of conventional wisdom work harder to keep people ignorant. This is true within all facets of todays world.

If advanced knowledge is given only to a small group … and maintained / contained within this small group … it has a better chance of remaining pure and intact / authentic / original. If it is given to a larger group there is always the risk that some individuals will dilute / reshape the knowledge to their own perspective / understanding … and therefore destroy the authenticity. You can see this happening around us constantly … on just about anything we can name.

An overlooked concept behind the Principle of One … everyone looks to the higher truths, miracles, blessings to just come to them without effort … for them to “just happen” … and if someone else knows of them it should be simply handed out to those who ask for them. The greater Truth and the higher teachings are as oil and water … they do not mix … because the greater Truths and the Higher Teachings do not mix with conventional wisdom and material thought. This may be difficult for many to accept … but it is nonetheless … true.

If and when an individual is given the opportunity to gain even a small tidbit of greater Truth … they should be most humble in acceptance. The majority do not even recognize when this opportunity presents itself.

Each individual must set about bringing the opportunities to them. Your love must be for truth … not conventional information. You must become God-like in desire … to initially become One with the blessing in the first place before it materializes into your life / before you receive it. The more you do this … the more opportunities will come your way.

The great fear … is fear of the unknown … because the fear of the unknown leads to resisting change … and that keeps the masses where they are.

Greater Truth demands both great labor and great effort to find it. If conventional wisdom can be forged in a way where it is still somewhat earned and learned … but then if it is “secret” or not freely given … then it is suspect … this is where the promoters want to keep the masses.

Those who know this greater Truth try all they can to tell others … but nobody wants to listen. Few want to put in the time and effort or take the risk of not belonging to the greater crowds. In this refusal … they do not put themselves in the position to receive clarifying information and accurate guidance.

Those who want greater Truth must make the effort to find the Source of Knowledge … someone who has it … and approach that source … and take advantage of any assistance / any knowledge given to them at that time. These people will try to help others see greater Truth … but greater Truth involves levels of discipline and sincerity beyond that which most people want to put forth.

Great knowledge is not easy to gather to oneself. It takes years … decades … to become a good doctor … a great musician … a great artist. To gather greater Truth takes lifetimes.

Most independent study will attain them nothing except gathering data. Yes … it is a start. It is best gained through those who already possess it. Risk needs to be taken to find them … and even mores necessary to listen. One should learn from one who knows. Apprenticeship is time-worn and well-proven … even today … although today’s methods usually involve conventional schooling.

If we dwell on what has happened in our past … or dwell on what we believe the future will be … we will usually fail … for no one knows … and this is the reason why we should pay attention to the NOW … the present moment … that you can interact with … what you see. This does NOT mean to not plan for the future. We do not close our eyes to what has happened to us in the past … but we focus more on the ideal we wish to become.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

It is not external facts that shape our lives … but it is the habitual thoughts and feelings we hold to as belief in what we are. Rather than “God testing me” … we are really testing ourselves. In this way we discover where we “are.” To paraphrase an old saying … he who still uses his eyes to see … his ears to hear … and his mouth for speech … is still dead.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 15-03-2021, 03:52 PM
Master

Considerations Sixty …

The Masking Factor …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

For so long you perhaps believed that you just had to “learn” this and that and it would all come together and you would be “enlightened.” Now you are finding out that the design actually somewhat works against you … and many facets are hidden from easy observation. This is for … and only for … your being complete in what you must learn to the greatest degree possible. There are many, many features that cannot be learned unless or until you are pushed to the highest degree. LIFE is demanding in what one must know to *truly* advance.

For most any substantial step on the path … there are a dozen or more tentacles … excuses … dodges … that are built into the human condition that provide immediate and easy disputing of the idea and an effortless escape to avoid. For most … these are such a natural part of their perspective and their lifestyles and it is constantly practiced without giving it a second thought.

Prime … is the instant acceptance that “All of this doesn’t pertain to me … it applies to everyone else but *not* to me … I am beyond that … I am the exception … I don’t need this, I’m just fine … everybody else may have to deal with this but this stuff is stupid … “ … and just about any other wording that will allow instant dismissal on anything questionable or controversial in the individual viewpoint. This is beyond and different from the infamous “ego.” It is a designed factor to protect the status quo … the existing conditions, viewpoints, perspectives, lifestyles … to dismiss anything suspicious or suspect … to find a way around the consideration at *any* cost.

All are prone to this … myself included. It has been often and clearly stated by many of the ancients that Soul Itself has absolutely no friends … anywhere. Mind considers Soul as a cat to the mouse … ever ready to drop the hammer. Mind will often do anything to disallow Soul to make any real advancement. Simple gathering of data … mind loves that. Juggling, comparing, dissecting, analyzing, labeling, and categorizing said data … mind loves that. But to strongly question where all of this has led the individual … you can just feel the immediate fortification barriers go up.

“This doesn’t apply to me … this is senseless … I don’t need this … this is wrong … I don’t agree” is about as common as breathing air. You can see it constantly on the forum board … and anywhere else ideas / opinions are exchanged. Out of an entire post … or offering of information … find one factor that can be disputed … just one word or phrase … and there is instant dismissal of it all.

This gives rise to the ancient principle … “Spirituality cannot be taught but must be caught.” When I first saw this decades ago … I shook my head in confusion. What can this possibly mean?

Applying it all to what has been said above … the vast majority of us dismiss most any and all opportunities to truly advance on the Path. We decline it … we reject it … we protect ourselves from it. And then we wonder why the Path takes so long.

Most all of us continue to practice this defensive stance until the rare and mysterious burst comes when we have those “Ah-Ha” moments … and we see how any specific tidbit *does* indeed apply and work. Moments later … even these illuminations will fade … much as dreams can fade with awakening in the morning. There are those random and spontaneous openings where something all of a sudden makes sense. A point that has been hammered for months or longer … all of a sudden … one can see the worth … and how it *does* apply to me.

For a moment … the barriers are dropped … or overruled … and insight is gained. Without “protection” … such as writing it down or recording the instance in some way … it can all be gone just as easily. How many times has an insight been lost because we did not acknowledge and record it in some way. “I’ll remember … “ doesn’t cut it.

These two factors work together to suggest another valuable concept or principle when walking these steps on the path where belief value and validation is question. Again … the ancients have often suggested … assume that you know nothing … and start from there.

No … that doesn’t mean that you start all over again from scratch. It means to set all opposition to real possible opportunities to learn beyond where one is at the moment … set these aside … and just LOOK. In other words … drop the mask.

Consider again.

Look again.

Honestly.

When one begins to do all of this … you know you are approaching that phase in your life where you are ready to learn. Yes … it can be scary … but it can be incredibly fulfilling. You *will* take these steps eventually … this lifetime … or a dozen lifetimes from now. You can quicken the pace … or you can continue and add to the eons of habit.

There is always a reason to dismiss and excuse. It is one of the primary design factors of the mind itself. It is *not* easy to reverse.

I realize that most anyone can interpret all of this as being preachy. I try not to be. I work hard to stay generic enough to where what I put forth is applicable to all. These factors are inherent in the human condition … and most all will have to work through many if not all of these phases.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

In a day or so I am going to put in two back-to-back indexes of what has been offered here. This is somewhat of a table of contents. There is a reasonable degree of a progression going on here. To those who can see this … this may prove valuable. For those who are new to this offering … it will suggest that there is much more than just the last post.

A new post will follow a day or two later.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

That which appears to be … IS … to those to whom it appears to exist. So … nothing is negative / struggle / evasive / etc. unless you accept it as such. It is all how it appears to you. There is nothing good or bad in and of itself. Try to think and accept only that which is gracious and lovely in your life. Wholesome. Only good news. This is NOT a greater insight … it is simply using the Law of Spirit.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 17-03-2021, 02:50 PM
Master

This might make it a bit easier for those that are coming late to all of this. We’ve covered some ground. If you find an error … please let me know. This should be accurate.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Index One …

Con 1 … Forum Post 1 … general what-it’s-all-about blab
- - Con 2 … 2 … a bit of mind / energy discussion
CL 1 … Post 7 … Clarifications … why I’m making these posts
- - Con 3 … 10 … Reincarnation and the Path
Con 4 … Post 12 … Reincarnation continued
- - Con 5 … 15 … Reincarnation continued again
Con 6 … Post 19 … Know Thyself
- - Con 7 … 21 … We did not forget
Con 8 … Post 22 … Duality
- - Con 9 … 30 … God
Con 10 … Post 31 … Personal Confessions 1A
- - CL 4 … 33 … Clarification … find the original concept
Con 11 … Post 39 … Personal Confessions continued
- - Con 12 - 44 … Checkpoints, Safeguards, and Spiritual Law
Con 13 … Post 48 … I’m Offended
- - Con 14 … 52 … Mind cannot be forced
Con 15 … Post 54 … Stopping the Mind
- - Con 16 … 58 … Divided Thoughts and Narrowness of Focus
Con 17 … Post 60 … Thoughts are Things
- - Con 18 … 61 … Take Specific Time
Con 19 … Post 64 … That’s the way I feel
- - Con 20 … 68 … Stop the Mind / Kill the Ego
Con 20B … Post 70 … Blame the Ego
- - Con 21 … 72 … Let’s Analyze This
Con 22 … Post 74 … I’m Saying WHAT to myself ?
- - Con 23 … 75 … Be Very Careful
Con 24 … 76 … Turn Your Perceptions Outward
- - Con 25 … Post 80 … Who Controls Who?
Con 26 … 82 … The Great Commander
- - Con 27 … Post 83 … Continuing on Emotions
Con 28 … 84 … LOA 1
- - Con 29 … Post 85 … LOA 2
Con 30 … 88 … LOA 3

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Closed Thread