Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-06-2021, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes, it is a strange pattern. I would say conscious does not believe, more then anything. We see disbelief at least that is my experience in (conscious) thought, action, behavior.
The subconscious has information, the conscious (ego) can't access....
Yeah very interesting thought. The unconscious definitely defines our parameters, how our subconsciousness will feel about things, and then consciously experience our actions, thoughts and behaviours in all experiences.

But I do believe one can become aware of a believe, by feeling the emotion that is created by the believe. And being honest with oneself. And then it is possible to decide to change a believe. And the conditions dont really reveal our unconscious believes, but how we react to those conditions do reveal our unconscious believes. Mostly emotional reactions.

I find it complicated. Especially if one changes a believe succesfully, the word unconscious may still apply, but having acces to it and being able to change it, kind of makes a bit less unconscious. So can be a confusing salad of words, hehe.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-06-2021 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-06-2021, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Ewwerin,

Emotions for me...
... post brings to mind.
Hey, moonglow. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it.

I totally resonate wth your perspective.
Even with the idea that our emotions are not always accurate. Altho I have changed that believe, to say, my emotions are always accurately reflecting what I truely think and thus believe in the moment, is true about myself, or my life or my experience, which are also me I guess.

So then when I feel bad, it's so easy to recognize that my perspective is flawed, not the emotion itself, which is just indicating my flawed perspective.

It's a small differnce, but it has helped me tremendously to open up to changing my perspective and always having more ability to do so freely, and explore any reality I may so wish to, more easily. And prioritize my alignment with Source more often. To shift my perspective more in alignment with that of my Source of being, and feel better thus and enjoy life more, unconditionally.
Old 19-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Unconscious and subconscious are pretty much the same thing, and beliefs and
emotions are 'products' of the unconscious.
They ARE? My mouth is dropped, I never knew that!
If you wanna expound on this I'm all ears. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Moonglow, Errewwin and Greenslade.
2-3 sentences in the quote boxes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-06-2021, 09:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
They ARE? My mouth is dropped, I never knew that!
If you wanna expound on this I'm all ears. :)
In very simple terms, emotions are a response to how we perceive things. So, for example purposes only... I call you an idiot and you become angry because you are being judged and demeaned. The 'judged' and the 'demeaned' are your definitions because of your your perceptions and based on your values people shouldn't use those words. You feel 'demeaned' and 'judged' because you have low self esteem. All of that gives rise to you feeling angry or whatever emotion you feel. If I hadn't called you an idiot you wouldn't feel the emotion that's been triggered.

If you think about what gives rise to your emotions - whatever they are - you'll find it's because of what/how you think/perceive and that's relative to how you perceive yourself. If you perceive I'm judging you then you're going to hate me, if you perceive I'm your greatest fan your response will be to love me for it. In either case, you may not conscious of how that emotion arises in you until it does.

Beliefs are a few things but usually they are either a lack of knowledge/understanding or an 'alternative'. So going back to the example of me calling you an idiot, you believe that because you don't understand the local culture here, or my calling you an idiot is something you can't believe Greenslade is capable of. So the first instance it's back to how you perceive yourself in the context of not knowing - you don't know the local culture so you unconsciously 'fill in the blanks'. You believe I'm calling you an idiot but if you knew me well enough you'd know that I wouldn't, you wouldn't believe because of not knowing. In the second instance it's a little bit trickier because the unconscious process of cognitive dissonance is involved, which is the process that 'decides' what our noggins can deal with or not. So your cognitive dissonance, because of the unconsciously-created mental picture you have of me, you can't believe I would say that and we're back to filling in the blanks with an alternative belief. The other factor involved is your cognitive behaviour or how you think, you know I wouldn't call you an idiot and mean it but your destructive cognitive behaviour would want to believe I'd call you that to hurt you. On the other hand, your constructive cognitive behaviour would think there's something else going on and you wouldn't take offense.

Both the cognitive dissonance and cognitive behaviour are two of the 'main drivers' of beliefs - whether we have them or not and what we believe in. Another huge factor in both beliefs and emotions is your Shadow Self, and maybe it's something you've come across before. The Shadow Self is the repository of emotional responses we've had that have been caused by our perceptions of things that have happened to us. So if you've had a bad childhood but suppressed it instead of dealing with it, those emotions be be stuffed into the Shadow Self. While the conscious mid has forgotten about then they're still in the unconscious, and therefore affecting what/how you think. That also affects your perception of yourself and therefore affects your perceptions, which then affects your emotional responses.

Hope all of that made some kind of sense, because it can be quite a complicated web of interacting aspects.

Last edited by Greenslade : 20-06-2021 at 10:15 AM.
Old 20-06-2021, 10:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hey there Greenslade,

Sounds like you had a good ride. Nature sometimes can be the best medicine for what may ail the mind. The body, well may protest afterwards, but the journey/trip can be well worth it.
Hey there Moonie

I feel like I've been beaten by a street gang but y'know, the Journey is always worth it.

Quote:
For consciously and unconsciously being with in the ishness and existence of life and the energy/Spirit that gives it birth and carries it onward.

If there was no one real placing these words/ thoughts down to share, then would this forum exist at all? Same goes for this place in which each may dwell. If not real, perceived and/or observed, then would think none of this would be or even cared about enough to want to express ourselves in whatever manner that may be.
Exactly, coming into harmony with the Isness of it all and not putting the very human Spirituality label on it, but simply enjoying it and witnessing it in its raw form.

I Am is Isness, what I am beyond that is everything else that humans create from their own perceptions by their unconscious. And some have little control over that.

Maybe when we can resolve the paradoxes we can experience a totally different Universe for ourselves. When we realise that we are both dreamer and the dream, or when we realise that the dreamer and the dream are one and the same? 'I' makes the difference between the dreamer and the dream, for the self they are the same.
Old 20-06-2021, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:

The dream thinking it is the dreamer? Or is it the dreamer not aware of being with in a dream? Meaning how much possibilities lay with in that has the possibility of not only affecting ones reality, but change ones reality itself.

Hey M.G.

The thing about the dream is that the whole analogy and the whole platform for what a dream really is, is based upon what one is aware of via perceiving images and sounds when one has supposedly gone to sleep, but in truth one never sleeps and one is always conscious .

If one is dreaming then there must be a self that is awake and has the comparison .. This is why you can't just have a continuous dream in effect because you have to have comparison and contrast to know what is a dream and what isn't .

How many dimensions are there for starters that entertains a physical experience where the spirit leaves the body every time one goes to sleep?

If one was not sleeping, nor entertaining an experience of creating and perceiving images when one is not conscious of the physical world then there would be no notion of life is but a dream.

If the physical world is but a dream then the notion itself isn't truthful because the dream is created within the dream ..

Again, there has to be a comparison for what is not of the dream and there are none .

Where is there self in individualised awareness that is awake and aware of a dimensional environment where one is not dreaming that they are aware and awake?

x dazzle x
Old 20-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hey M.G.
The thing about the dream is that the whole analogy and the whole platform for what a dream really is, is based upon what one is aware of via perceiving images and sounds when one has supposedly gone to sleep, but in truth one never sleeps and one is always conscious .
Debating this- my suspended animation - works really cheaply... I feel awake..

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 20-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Debating this- my suspended animation - works really cheaply... I feel awake..

You feel awake, compared to not? Have you a comparison for not feeling awake that you were conscious of as an experience had?

Do you see what I mean ..

For the record I don't have an experience had where I can now say that I am dreaming typing this post to you even though I have experienced dreaming like most other's.

Without the experience of an actual dream one wouldn't know what a dream refers too .

The reason why I believe I am not dreaming now is because I awoke from dreaming around 7.00 am this morning and because I am aware of the physical reality compared to not .

x daz x
Old 20-06-2021, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hey there Moonie

When we realise that we are both dreamer and the dream, or when we realise that the dreamer and the dream are one and the same? 'I' makes the difference between the dreamer and the dream, for the self they are the same.

Hi Greenslade,

Suppose in what context the dream and dreamer are being understood and interpreted by the self and the interactions with others.