Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
https://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/201...ion-in_17.html

This article might interest you django...

Yes, quite my style thanks sky
Old 13-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thank you for the conversation too Jonesboy.

And thanks for your offer, but Jesus is already at work within me, I asked Him for light and he obliged, and now he leads me in the way he sees fit.

' I asked Him for light and he obliged '

Wait until you realize YOU are the light
Old 13-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
' I asked Him for light and he obliged '

Wait until you realize YOU are the light

That doesn't sit well with me at the moment, the most I can envision is the possibility of being lit by another source, but what will happen will happen, and sure I might think differently further along.
Old 13-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
That doesn't sit well with me at the moment, the most I can envision is the possibility of being lit by another source, but what will happen will happen, and sure I might think differently further along.

It will all come together when the time is right.

" You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

(50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where are you from?' say to them, 'It is from light that we have come - from the place where light, of its own accord alone, came into existence and [stood at rest]."
Old 13-11-2018, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
It will all come together when the time is right.

" You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

(50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where are you from?' say to them, 'It is from light that we have come - from the place where light, of its own accord alone, came into existence and [stood at rest]."

Your Thomas quote seems to negate the need for a God/creator, as well as the need for Jesus as intermediary.

It's such different message from the bible that I have to choose between them, and I have chosen the biblical setup, there is a loving God (The Father) and Jesus is required as intermediary.
Old 14-11-2018, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
The revelations of the dark night are essentially what masters mean when they say that “self-knowledge precedes God-knowledge.” Indeed, Teresa of Avila held that “the first mansion of spirituality was true self-knowledge.” We see what we are really made of, in all our human misery, emptiness, and insufficiency, in order to be prepared to then see the awesome grandeur and mercy of God, who is “more the life of the soul than the soul is the life of the body” (de Caussade). We are, in essence, purified of the conceit of the Gnostics, which Ireneus said long ago was that “they seek to become divine before they have become human.” So this sort of teaching has been around for a long time.
https://www.kosmosjournal.org/news/t...t-of-the-soul/
Old 14-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Your Thomas quote seems to negate the need for a God/creator, as well as the need for Jesus as intermediary.

It's such different message from the bible that I have to choose between them, and I have chosen the biblical setup, there is a loving God (The Father) and Jesus is required as intermediary.

Each to their own
Old 14-11-2018, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:

I don't believe in a soul so I can't resonate with ' dark nights '
Old 14-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't believe in a soul so I can't resonate with ' dark nights '

What I liked about my above quote and why I posted it here was because it acknowledges the need for self-knowledge, and in fact sees this as a priority before 'God knowledge'.

This is my understanding as well, the journey is to the depths within, emptying oneself completely, and then divinity may grow from within as it will. So it's not as though the gnostics are the only ones who seek knowledge within, but there's something about the gnostic path that the author of the quote also recognises as something a bit off kilter, in his case that “they seek to become divine before they have become human."

Same with being the light, it's reaching too high too quickly, first there is emptying, and then the light slowly grows. I am not God and I am not light until I am very far along this path, because to be God to me is to be able to do miracles from the power of God, it is a very high achievement, which I don't think people should be going around claiming.

"I am God" or "I am the light" should mean something, and it should be backed up by the ability to prove divinity at will.
Old 14-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
What I liked about my above quote and why I posted it here was because it acknowledges the need for self-knowledge, and in fact sees this as a priority before 'God knowledge'.

This is my understanding as well, the journey is to the depths within, emptying oneself completely, and then divinity may grow from within as it will. So it's not as though the gnostics are the only ones who seek knowledge within, but there's something about the gnostic path that the author of the quote also recognises as something a bit off kilter, in his case that “they seek to become divine before they have become human."

Same with being the light, it's reaching too high too quickly, first there is emptying, and then the light slowly grows. I am not God and I am not light until I am very far along this path, because to be God to me is to be able to do miracles from the power of God, it is a very high achievement, which I don't think people should be going around claiming.

"I am God" or "I am the light" should mean something, and it should be backed up by the ability to prove divinity at will.

“they seek to become divine before they have become human."

We are both divine and human, so why seek?

Miracles happen to Atheists also