Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-09-2021, 04:51 AM
Master
I once saw a video of Prabhuji imparting shaktipat, without physical touch to a number of aspirants approaching him one by one, with each person going into spasms, apparently said to be the kundalini force awakening within.

Now, that’s how it was shown, cannot say if what we see is true or not. Subsequently, the video was restricted to members of his following only.

On you tube there are other videos as well, showing shaktipat transmission.

If we understand shaktipat as the guru positioning the consciousness of the aspirant vibrationally, leaving it to the Universe to do the rest, it would make sense. However to directly transfer … well, maybe possible but only if the guru and God are one, without a flicker of separation. So how many such gurus are out there, who are as such?

The blockages within, fears and perceptions need to be removed to allow the energy to flow smoothly. I’m against any forced technique.
Old 23-09-2021, 04:57 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yes!

The funny thing is the "What" that is "Aware" is Awareness itself and that's where we usually end up going round in circles. It's like me looking for myself behind me. LOL!

I've heard Swami Sarvapriyananda phrase it something like this. On our side of Enlightenment there's a question and no answer. On the other side of Enlightenment there's an answer and no question.

It would be not going round in circles, if one gets the basics right. Swamiji in your quote answered rightly but not with enough explanation.

Firstly, it is mind which has to experience consciousness in its truest form and realize that it is also integral part of I along with the mind. Secondly, the mind also has to realize the limits of its usefulness. That is all.

with love,
sanjay
Old 23-09-2021, 08:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
As far as i know and my experience also tells me that inner sounds do not manifest in the beginning.sanjay
I think most people can hear a sound if they find a quiet place and listen. The meditation would be, just concentrate on listening to that.
Old 23-09-2021, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The blockages within, fears and perceptions need to be removed to allow the energy to flow smoothly. I’m against any forced technique.
Stablise mind's balance of equanimity and be neutral toward what arises and passes away.
Old 23-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Stablise mind's balance of equanimity and be neutral toward what arises and passes away.

Stupor, dear Gem, stupor. Our mindfulness is intermittent, not in a seamless continuum, that’s the problem.

If Tamas is necessary as a default setting, then the only remedy seems to be gradual weeding away of lower aspects. This may be ascertained, not only during our waking state but in our responses during dreams as well. Then continuous contemplative consciousness correction, moment to moment, in good humoured playful nonchalance.
Old 23-09-2021, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think most people can hear a sound if they find a quiet place and listen. The meditation would be, just concentrate on listening to that.

Initially yes, to hold attention in stillness. Later, the inner sound current also recedes, as stillness deepens
Old 23-09-2021, 10:51 AM
Master
Concentrate on the sound in your head which is already there and see what happens next. That's all it is.
Old 23-09-2021, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
The term Naam is not used for those inner sounds which are at discussion here.
Re Kirpal Singh's book "Naam or Word'' -
Sanjay, that is just the name of the book.
There is much on the Sound in it, by whatever name.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
... Sant Mat/RadhaSoami teachings very definitely refer to a Sound current, not the repetition of words:
Exactly.

And Naam is not given - you can not give something that is already within everyone.

You can point to it, thus, helping someone become aware of what has always been there.
It's similar to a clock ticking all along that you never once even noticed --
when you became aware of it ---you smile, ha,
seeing it has always been there in the background.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Master
About the inner sound current, in my view it aids in internalising attention, maintaining a meditational mode, that’s all. The current is ever present. Fine. But then, what next?

I don’t know how the progression works for others but all I’ve done is to simply stretch thought rested awareness as a habit. Gradually, presence is attentive in the now continuum, devoid of any aspect of anticipation, in as much as is able. That’s all. The magnetic currents play about like an ant crawling just under the skin, through nadis. Bliss is ever present, mostly purring, on occasion roaring.

If we either seek or negate, is it not thought interference? So why not simply observe? Consciousness shifts are evident. Let the transformations happen.

Part of the human experience is that there will be oscillations. If we accept that too an occurrence that simply is, as it is, then we experience but are not afflicted, so to to speak, with the dip, being but the movement of the Ferris wheel we are riding.

Where were we? The inner sound current … that too is, as it is, an aspect of humanness, as is the magnetism or the bliss or void or manifestation. The act of assigning importance to any unfoldment is in itself a doership, self-limiting. Childlike astonishment and wonderment seems optimal.

In time, we feel the spiritual heart, within at the heart centre. The head has already surrendered to it. With inner conflict diminished, except in moments of stupor, our receptivity to impulses from the universe strengthens. We do nothing. All is enabled automatically, like our breath, like our heartbeat.

Each journey is unique. Let us delight in our uniqueness, as we are pampered by God, unfolding beauteous surprises for us. Comparisons with others is of no use. We each are, where we are meant to be, with advancement dependent upon our free will choosing to align with the ethereal, with love.