Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2021, 09:12 PM
Master

Safety and security in PMs

Hello

I am wondering if this forum safeguards private messages.
Can administrators or moderators read them? If so, have you ever done so? Is there an audit trail to know this?
I am curious, as I usually respect PMs are private, yet I have found that this place does not always feel that way.
Thanks very much.
Old 18-03-2021, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Hello
I am wondering if this forum safeguards private messages.
Can administrators or moderators read them? If so, have you ever done so? Is there an audit trail to know this?
I am curious, as I usually respect PMs are private, yet I have found that this place does not always feel that way.
How do you know (quote) ".....this place does not always feel that way."?
Old 18-03-2021, 11:58 PM
Nope.
You could ask Lynn directly, tho.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-03-2021, 01:45 AM
Master

Yes I am hoping that this will be answered by the Administrators of the forum.
Old 19-03-2021, 03:27 AM
Administrator
Hello

I can assure you that I can not read or open any member Personal Message. There would has only been one case where Private Messages were accessed and shared and that was not done by any member of the site. It was a Court Order and the Host Company opened them. This was a serious criminal matter and it was handled professionally.

I would never access anyone's Private Messages even if there was a way to do so on the Admin Panel. They are "private" and only shared with Staff if there is a reason for one member to report issues. Then too they are handled in a very delicate manor.

Your safe here of I would not be a part of the site.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 19-03-2021, 05:34 AM
Master

Thank you for your kind and informative response, Admin Lynn.
Old 25-04-2021, 12:11 PM
Administrator
We don't know what anyone puts into a pm we cant check it, it is like Lynn has said before.
even in admin panel we cant see what is in a pm.
We can only see what is in a pm if someone sends it to us

Namaste
Old 26-04-2021, 06:02 AM
Deactivated Account
confidentiality

Administrators of this website have now said twice they have no access to private mail.

Private mailing services provided by websites should, I respectfully suggest, be used with discretion. Members should write confidentially only to those who respect that confidentiality.

Disclosure of private mail to a third party is the height of bad manners other than when it's abusive. In my experience trolling has sometimes been carried out behind the scenes using private mail to avoid the attention of website staff. The matter came to light only when members raised concerns.

In such situations administrators should always be made aware of the problem.
Old 26-04-2021, 03:41 PM
Ok, the question was asked and answered by two Admins. We're closed.
Have a nice day.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread