Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-04-2024, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
From my position, it is not really strange at all.
Weren't we created with free-will?
Is it not up to us, what we do with our free-will?
BUT, whether there were even humans or not...
whether we were given free will or not...
God still created evil...all by Himself. Right?
Say, every human did only good...evil would still be there cuz God created it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2024, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Weren't we created with free-will?
Is it not up to us, what we do with our free-will?
What about those who's 'free will' is taken away from them ?
Btw the verse is referring to God not us....
Old 25-04-2024, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

According to 'some Biblical versions'
Old 25-04-2024, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
What about those who's 'free will' is taken away from them ?
Btw the verse is referring to God not us....

If you read that Chapter in its context, I find it amazing.

My version of the account is a chap is anointed by the Lord who is not a follower of the Lord. Then the chap goes up against a major World Empire and destroys it so as to free the Lord's people who have taken into captivity so they can, if they want, return to their land.

To me, this proves the Lord can 'act' on people's 'hearts' and things we thought were impossible: are possible.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-04-2024, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
BUT, whether there were even humans or not...
whether we were given free will or not...

The way I look at it, when we were created: we were created to make our own choices. When we do 'bad', it wasn't God that wanted us to do 'bad, it was our choice. If decided to do only 'good', would there be any 'evil'?

Jesus spoke of a time that such things would be done away. To me, that is a promise he gave us but it is also a choice.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Quote:
.. If (we) decided to do only 'good', would there be any 'evil'?
Jesus spoke of a time that such things would be done away.
To me, that is a promise he gave us but it is also a choice.
I will stop here. We will have to agree to disagree.

I seems you think evil only exists in humans...by choice. Ok.
Correct me if I'm reading you wrong.

And I believe if humans never existed or only did good - God still created evil, period, as He created darkness.
The nature of creation is opposites, so evil and good would exist 'somewhere'.
Refer to Lucifer...the brightest angel...the Morning Star! And the angels that went with him.
Would demons exist if humans were annihilated? I think so.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2024, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
I will stop here. We will have to agree to disagree.

I seems you think evil only exists in humans...by choice. Ok.
Correct me if I'm reading you wrong.
I agree. It seems better for us to agree to disagree.

Old 26-04-2024, 05:45 AM
Master
Quote:
When we do 'bad' If decided to do only 'good', would there be any 'evil'?

Yes it would still exist....
Old 26-04-2024, 06:06 AM
Master

I can't even fit with the conversation or topic well as I don't believe "God" made the earth or the things on it lol. I think I may have an uncommon belief. I don't fit with the atheist's or agnostics beliefs either as I know God exists and have experienced it/him/her at various times in various ways.

I think people are referring to "evil" on earth and to me, God has pretty much nothing to do with what's on earth. But then I think God is the source of conscious awareness, our true selves, and we are part and parcel or connected to God always. So in that sense, "God" is always here. Then matter itself is energy in physical form so it's possible everything here is in some way God as well if God is all that exists.

But then I tend to think of "God" as a being I experienced once and not some concept of the totality of everything. A vastly aware and intelligent being many trillions of times greater than the awareness and intelligence we are capable of while in human form.

"Evil" is probably a subjective thing but I think the general idea there is intentionally harming another being and I myself don't believe that is possible for one's true self. I think the only way such things can take place is for one's true self to be falsely identified with the false self. The body and it's mind and so on. So I think the design and programs of the brain and body are responsible for such things and of course how one's true self has not claimed it's potential and woke up to it's true nature and identity while in a human body.

I think the body/brain combo in which the "soul" has been placed is naturally self-centered, full of desires and so on, defensive, unaware, aggressive, prone to strong negative emotions, easily manipulated by others etc. From this state of me, me, me or me and them one acts. Acts in ways that may involve intentionally harming others which could be called "evil." Acting in ways where one is only thinking of what they get or want and disregarding all empathy or compassion for others.
Old 26-04-2024, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I can't even fit with the conversation or topic well as I don't believe "God" made the earth or the things on it lol.
I think I may have an uncommon belief.
Well, you're not alone. One belief is how would a loving and smart God create such a place!
I was not there...so how the heck do I know!!