Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Seeker
Question QUESTIONS

I have been listening to all manner of reincarnation videos, because I do believe in it. I just find that some things don't make sense to me. And I was wondering if I am missunderstanding the sentiments?

I believe that the kind of reincarnation I have been learning about believes that when you die, you enter some kind of "rest" and then you choose another life according to the experiences you are looking to collect or perhaps the Karma you are trying to heal.

If this is so - then I wonder: Who in the world would choose to become a person like a murderer then?
I just can't imagine a soul chillen in this ultra peaceful place and being like "I want to become a psycopath who will mass murder tons of people based on biases and hatred."

I was talking to a buddy of mine and I came to think - Are there maybe NPC's? Like default "characters" that move the plott on in this world? Evil rises up to encourage for goodness and bravery to thrive too??
(this I could sort of jive with I suppose).

Also - if so many more people live now at one time than ever before - where do all the new souls come from? Just brand new souls being created?

What has karma to do with past life? (I don't believe bad people return as a cockroach or something)... And I don't believe we will be "punished" with a bad life for previous bad karma... Though I would love to hear more about this concept and belief as well...
I walked through the fire, And witchcraft was my medicine.
I healed, And witchcraft was my medicine.
I was reborn, And witchcraft was my medicine.
I stand in my power, And witchcraft is my medicine.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-11-2022 at 02:13 AM. Reason: No proper names, please
Old 21-11-2022, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender Moonchild
...And I don't believe we will be "punished" with a bad life for previous bad karma...
Though I would love to hear more about this concept and belief as well...
You won't find many here that think there is a punishment...just situations for us to learn more,
to grow, ha, sometimes not so comfortable ...all for a 'good purpose'.
(Btw if you read the Rules under FAQ ...we can't use any political names - not even from the past here.)
NPC?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2022, 05:54 AM
asearcher

I've read too it is about experiencing both sides and the lessons within on a spiritual level.

With that in mind I still gotta go with that I am afraid then that judging from my own soul group, if even part of it, that few spirits then in it must have been bad several lives before down the road so maybe it is not designed to one life only when you are bad but that you are a slow learner? In some ways I am afraid I am no different from before as well.

Then there are all kinds of brain damages out there and then the moral dilemma is that if a person can not feel empathy and can not help it can't, born that way, then is what it does evil? It is evil to us who has empathy for sure and the results from it. To a psychopath we are just things to play with.

I think we are energy and we can be influenced, even in extreme cases taken over (possession) of another energy, energies, negative, positive "over there". If you have some vulnerabilities, already weakened by negative, if you struggle with lets say anxiety or depression - negative emotions - but does not mean you have no empathy - I still think you can attract energy on the other side that will only make it the same or worse.

I certainly do not think I have all the answers, just some thoughts, theories above :)
Old 21-11-2022, 03:05 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You won't find many here that think there is a punishment...just situations for us to learn more,
to grow, ha, sometimes not so comfortable ...all for a 'good purpose'.
(Btw if you read the Rules under FAQ ...we can't use any political names - not even from the past here.)
NPC?
I went to edit it and noticed you edited for me - sorry I did not remember that!

And a NPC is a "Non Playable Character" in a video game. A person who is in the game to give you clues, talk to you or who might be the antagonist etc etc.
So like evil "overlords and dictators" might not be real human but default bodies that do what they are destined to, to create the kind of environment that encourages people to bond, rise up and be couragous?
Old 21-11-2022, 03:15 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I've read too it is about experiencing both sides and the lessons within on a spiritual level.

With that in mind I still gotta go with that I am afraid then that judging from my own soul group, if even part of it, that few spirits then in it must have been bad several lives before down the road so maybe it is not designed to one life only when you are bad but that you are a slow learner? In some ways I am afraid I am no different from before as well.
thanks for your reply - very interesting points for me to ponder.
Scary too. I never looked much into posession, and I haven't looked into the kind of dark forces that might want to take you over?
Interesting thought.

But if a person was taken over and lets say they did do the kind of Genocide that makes history, is that person to blame? Will it be held against them if a spirit did it? Do you have to agree to possession? or can it be a kind of "abduction" of your "self"?

I remember my friend said she was sleeping kind of lucid dreaming next to her boyfriend and she was hovering over her body in a kind of sleep paralasis and then she saw all kinds of entities swirling around her and they were arguing which would take her over.

Thankfully her boyfriend somehow felt her distress and woke up and shook her awake.

Hm SO many more questions

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-11-2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 21-11-2022, 04:36 PM
Quote:
...And a NPC is a "Non Playable Character" in a video game. A person who is in the game to give you clues,...
So like evil "overlords and dictators" might not be real human but default bodies that do what they are destined to, to create the kind of environment that encourages people to bond, rise up and be courageous?
I don't play video games. I wonder if the over 50 or 60 crowd does here.

I dunno about 'overlords'....but people make agreements in the In-Between place before coming here.
I was shown this and some others here. Each of us has things to work out...some to be more humble,
some to learn inner strength and their own power...who ever knows for sure.

At this point of your curiosity I would like to recommend something by Robert Schwartz...boy, will you learn about
how all this Past Life stuff works!!! Too many links to leave one.

Also, Dr. Brian Weiss' books ...try, 'Many Live, Many Masters', his first.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2022, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
...then I wonder: Who in the world would choose to become a person like a murderer then?
Maybe the Soul does not choose to be a murderer but instead the Soul chooses to be born into a life where the incarnate personality faces particular challenges. As a result of these challenges the personality may end up murdering another person or persons. This is a choice made by the personality and the personality then has to live with the consequences. From a Soul perspective, this is all learning. And maybe in a subsequent incarnation the new personality may face similar challenges but this time makes different choices. The lessons have been learned.

We place so much importance on the personality and its experience, but from a Soul perspective each human incarnation is very brief and each particular personality is just a very temporary role.

Quote:
Also - if so many more people live now at one time than ever before - where do all the new souls come from? Just brand new souls being created?
Consider the possibility that Soul life on this planet is not limited to those in incarnation. So there may be (figure plucked at random) 50 billion Souls pursuing their evolution on Earth. Of those 50 billion, 8 billion are currently physically incarnate and 42 billion are on other levels of consciousness.

So the increasing human population on Earth does not require the creation of new Souls. It does provide more opportunities for existing Souls to take on a human body.

Quote:
What has karma to do with past life? (I don't believe bad people return as a cockroach or something)... And I don't believe we will be "punished" with a bad life for previous bad karma
For me, karma is not about rewards and punishments but more about fairness and balance. So we see good people who face all sorts of hardships and bad people who enjoy a life of luxury. On the surface this seems unfair, but karma ensures that in the end everything balances out. (Which is why astrologically the sign associated with karma is Libra, symbolised by the scales).

So reincarnation and karma are inextricably linked. It is the journey of the Soul, not the journey of the personality. The personality undergoes experiences and the Soul learns the lessons.

Peace
Old 21-11-2022, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
If this is so - then I wonder: Who in the world would choose to become a person like a murderer then?
Good question! I think the claims about choice in reincarnation are greatly exaggerated. The principle of karma places some limitations on our choice. One ancient book (Bhagvadgītā) which speaks of reincarnation says this about choice. "karmaṇyevādhikāraste mā phaleṣu kadācana". In other words, "you have the power to act. But you do not have power over the consequences of your actions." With our actions here, we place ourselves on a karmic trajectory that plays a role in our future in this life, as well as in future lives.
Old 21-11-2022, 11:31 PM
Who would chose to be a murderer...oh that's funny., and a good question..I guess I do a lot more research on this stuff than most. lol, like since before many here were born!

A few things come to mind --they wanted to come back with their partner and this time NOT murder them ...
but, they got bogged down in emotions and did it again!
Veering from their intended 'blue print'. We have ''choices''...this is a dimension of 'choices', btw.
How about the couple that went to Dr. Weiss ---turns out he uncovered they had 52 lives of one killing the other !
Talk about a Star Trek Time Loop!

Another guy is talking to his buddy on the Other Side and says, You know I never exp'd being murdered.
His friend says, ''I'll murder you''....OK.
Then they meet back there again, on the Other Side....and the Murderer opens his arms and says, I hated murdering you!
See, now this brings in other reasons for various lives...we want to exp a full gamut of things.

You don't have to believe this.

Another lady is talking about coming back here soon and has to work out some stuff....her 2 friends hear her:
''Hey, we're going back soon, too...maybe we can work all our stuff out somehow together!!!''
But they both say they aren't going to be staying too long.

So, one becomes her fiancee, dies in a scuba diving accident...the other becomes her son and at 16 dies.
What was her lesson she planned to came back for?
She had wasted a whole life mourning her husband..she was to learn this time around to cope with loss...and continue on with strength and enjoy life.
I don't make this stuff up...and neither does Rob Schwartz and his highly specialized team of 3.

There are a zillion scenarios at play...and this is one reason we are told not to judge, cuz we can't ...
since, we have no idea what's going on, really.

Old 22-11-2022, 05:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I think the claims about choice in reincarnation are greatly exaggerated. The principle of karma places some limitations on our choice. One ancient book (Bhagvadgītā) which speaks of reincarnation says ... In other words, "you have the power to act. But you do not have power over the consequences of your actions."
A more typical translation might go along the lines of "You have the right to act but you are not entitled to the fruits of your actions." Which relates to Karma Yoga and is a somewhat different context.

I used to think that everything was dictated by karma but now I have no problem reconciling choice and karma. The Soul has its own purpose, the Soul knows what needs to be resolved, and so the Soul will choose certain experiences in an incarnation. But these chosen experiences will be aligned with the necessary karmic lessons.

Peace