Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 22-06-2023, 09:55 PM
Master
We have a bat colony in our roof.

I have been aware that bats are living under our roof for many years. There is a gap which allows them in and out and I have seen them using it. It is a flat roof covered in fibreglass.

This evening at 10pm BST. I was watching as 50 bats slowly over 15 minutes flew out from the gap to go hunting insects in the night. I had no idea there were so many of them in the roof!

Bats are a protected species. They also apparently do not leave masses of droppings or smell. Their droppings turn into dust and they are very quiet. But I think I will keep the sheer number of bats up there to myself. It would only worry my mum who is very house proud and fastidiously clean.

If we have work done on the roof we will need to alert the nature conservation groups. Perhaps they will know what to do.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 23-06-2023, 06:19 AM
Master

Hi Honza.
You are correct with everything you say, and quite right that they are protected.
I loved to see them circling my house for many years before we moved. They go out at twilight don't they ?
Ahh your poor mum, yes, just tell her it looks like a "pair" !!!
I think bats are so very cute. I would rather have bats than something like mice , rats, or squirrels which can all be very destructive.
Old 23-06-2023, 08:51 AM
Master
I think this is a cute story.

And I'm sure Honza will be a good boy and not ask for rent..
Old 23-06-2023, 10:14 AM
Master
Apparently bats tend to move around from one roost to another. So these 50 bats I saw last night may spread themselves out a bit over the summer. They probably have numerous 'homes' around our village. Just trying to reassure myself!

Old 24-06-2023, 08:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Apparently bats tend to move around from one roost to another. So these 50 bats I saw last night may spread themselves out a bit over the summer. They probably have numerous 'homes' around our village. Just trying to reassure myself!
Haha... No Honza, sorry to tell you they don't move , they stay forever , and all of those 50 bats will have 50 babies and all of those 50 babies will have 50 babies ..... That's errrmm , well it's a LOT . And all those tens of thousands of bats will ALL be protected LOL....
( So sorry... Couldn't resist ! )
Old 24-06-2023, 11:59 AM
Master
Just waiting for their 'Lord' Count Dracula to show up....

Old 24-06-2023, 02:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Just waiting for their 'Lord' Count Dracula to show up....
Get your garlic out petal... There's no escape LOL...
( Psst but don't tell your mum, no need to worry her )