Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements > Old News

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:39 PM
tiltjlp

A Lighter Approach To The Rules

It's obvious that the strict enforcement of the No Preaching Rule with overboard. And I'm not afraid to admit when I make a mistake. So for now on the No Preaching Rule will only be enforced if someone complains to me about someone else's post.

I won't make excuses, I took a much too tough stance on this, no two ways about that. But the pinball forum that I came from was destroyed because the site owner has a No Rules approach, and that sure doesn't work. So those of you who have been the most vocal against me, gloat if you want. The rule still stands, it simply won't be enforced if no one complains.

Compromise is a good thing, right?

John
Old 08-12-2006, 09:43 PM
cweiters

I love you tiltjlp. man you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
It's obvious that the strict enforcement of the No Preaching Rule with overboard. And I'm not afraid to admit when I make a mistake. So for now on the No Preaching Rule will only be enforced if someone complains to me about someone else's post.

I won't make excuses, I took a much too tough stance on this, no two ways about that. But the pinball forum that I came from was destroyed because the site owner has a No Rules approach, and that sure doesn't work. So those of you who have been the most vocal against me, gloat if you want. The rule still stands, it simply won't be enforced if no one complains.

Compromise is a good thing, right?

John
Old 08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
dreamer

Nice one dude, no gloating, just huge respect that you have reacted in this way - as i said before you always make good points John, it's nice when you make them in a more evn mannered way cos it means I can say John you are a dude without any but's.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Lapis

Very wise Elder Pinball Wizard....

It is a hard call because everything each one of us posts is our personal opinions at that moment in time. The big difference is when someone believes that their belief is the ONLY and TOTALLY correct one and insists on force-feeding it to everyone else no matter what! Personally I don't like that approach, it turns me off to most all of what they're saying, which is a shame.

On the other hand I've been at other forums where it was a free-for-all and anything and everything was allowed. It was fun to a point but was also dangerous and very very hurtful to some. Many people would gang up on others that they didn't agree with and it'd turn into a verbal blood bath. What's the point with that sort of negative behavior

Anyway I too think this is a much better way to deal with the occasional poster with boundary issue problems. Thanks oh wise Pinball Wizard for reaching this decision. I was getting ready to post about Jupiter transiting through Sagittaruis for the next year and how this could be a rather common problem because of it.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
the pinball forum that I came from was destroyed because the site owner has a No Rules approach, and that sure doesn't work.
I agree whole heartedly...that does NOT work. But I sincerely appreciate you taking a lighter approach to enforcing the rules.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 08-12-2006, 10:41 PM
BLAIR2BE

NEENER NEENER NEEEEEEEENER
NEENER NEENER NEEEEEEEENER..........
just kidding
Old 09-12-2006, 02:01 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
NEENER NEENER NEEEEEEEENER
NEENER NEENER NEEEEEEEENER..........
just kidding

Admit it, you meant ever NEENER of it, and I probably deserved that and more. I aprereciate everyone's understanding. All it took was someone giving me a good whack up long-side my thick skull. Just proves even us old dogs can learn new tricks, it just takes us a bit longer.

John
Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Deactivated Account
john, not a single one of us can say we haven't ever made a mistake or used poor judgement (or done a really rubbish reading in my case lol) (or annoyed another member again in my case -sorry !)we're all human after all, true strength is being able to admit to it and move on from it having learned from the experience. this is what gives us wisdom. daisy x
Old 09-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
john, not a single one of us can say we haven't ever made a mistake or used poor judgement (or done a really rubbish reading in my case lol) (or annoyed another member again in my case -sorry !)we're all human after all, true strength is being able to admit to it and move on from it having learned from the experience. this is what gives us wisdom. daisy x
very nicely put, daisy! Yes, sometimes we mess up or just take a good thing a too far. BTW.... it's so nice to see you posting! I've missed your presence!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 09-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Deactivated Account
thank you mg due to personal problems away from the forum, i haven't been posting unless necessary, hopefully i will be posting more soon xxxxx 'hug'
Closed Thread