Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Knower
What Crystals are linked with positive/love emotions?

Does anyone know what crystals are linked with positive or loving emotions?
I want to get someone a crystal for a present either for birthday or Christmas and I want it to be affiliated with the emotion love if possible but if not then at least positive emotions x

I know that Rose Quartz is associated with loving energies but that's a very often used sign of love/affection and i want to give a different crystal that isn't so well known/given as a sign of love/affection.

Thanks a lot ~ Hazel xxx
Old 23-10-2013, 10:35 AM
SkySpiritStacey

Rose quartz is good, but I also use Morganite for the prosperity of love.
Old 23-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Beckey Sedai

Rhodonite is a good loving, gentle, healing stone. Good for self-esteem, self-love.

Turquoise is a good stone to give as a gift. It's said that when given as a gift, it brings the wearer good luck and protection.

Ruby is a more passionate love stone. Being related to the lower chakras, is good for sexual health too.

But, yeah, the reason Rose Quartz is used so often as a love stone for people is because it's one of the best. But, it's focus is really on opening the heart to receive love, helping you to in turn be a more loving person.

So, it does partly depend on what the underlying purpose of the stone is.
Old 23-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel
Does anyone know what crystals are linked with positive or loving emotions?
I want to get someone a crystal for a present either for birthday or Christmas and I want it to be affiliated with the emotion love if possible but if not then at least positive emotions x

I know that Rose Quartz is associated with loving energies but that's a very often used sign of love/affection and i want to give a different crystal that isn't so well known/given as a sign of love/affection.

Thanks a lot ~ Hazel xxx

I think it depends on the individual's energy. Rainbow moonstone can be a good alternative because it's milky, beautiful, and culturally associated in a subtler way with loving emotion than rose quartz...but it personally makes me queasy, because I have a somewhat fiery personal energy, so individualism trumps culture on this I think.

Yellow quartz can be optimistic, and many pale green stones can be healing such as chalcedony.

Pink agates, maybe?
Old 23-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Likes2Read

Rhodochrosite is pink, and therefore associated with the Heart Chakra, but it might be a slightly more costly option than some of the others mentioned above.

I love the heck out of it, though. It's a really pretty stone. Its color patterns remind me of a pink version of Malachite, though the two stones are not related geologically. If you can find a reasonably-priced piece that suits your needs, give it some serious consideration.
Old 23-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Master

Rose quartz is a good choice. And since they can be found in relatively large stones in nature, you can often find them sold in shapes such as balls or heart or even as little churches. Makes them more fun to keep lying around in the open. Also they are cheap :)
Old 24-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Beckey Sedai

I agree with Albalida...
different stones work differently with different people. (that's a lot of differences. LoL)
I know people that we can't use some of the same stones because of how they effect each of us differently. Despite what they are "supposed" to do.
Old 24-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Likes2Read

True. I would start with the "standard" ones that tend to work with the Heart Chakra, and see how those feel. Aim for stones that are pink or green, since those two colors resonate with that Chakra.

Bonus points if you can do this while in a store that sell stones, doubly so if the store is oriented toward geology rather than metaphysics, as the price will be lower. If you don't believe me, look at the price differential on eBay for the stones listed under geological categories vs. the ones under the metaphysical heading. They're the SAME quality of the SAME kinds of stones, but the metaphysical category comes with an extra markup (sigh).

Which brings me to my next suggestion. If you find a stone with a New-Agey name, it is most likely NOT called that by geological stone afficionados. Make sure you find out the SCIENTIFIC name for stones like "merlinite", "angelite", "auralite" (which I thinik is one of Robert Simmons's many trademarked names), and more. I've had to hit up Google multiple times over the years because of these trademarked (arrrrrgh) and otherwise new-age names for stones. When you find out what the stone REALLY is, you will be able to discern if the vendor is charging a fair price for it, or if you should seek it out elsewhere.

Sorry. Rant over, lol. The Practical Metaphysician in me sometimes takes over my keyboard.
Old 24-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Experiencer

For some reason, I see a green stone for this person. Like Malachite or Jade. Is this for a young boy? I'm getting more of a love yourself intent.

Malachite is a strong protector of children, and that one came to me first. Jade is a healing of emotions, self-love healing heart sort of stone, as well as a protector.
Old 24-10-2013, 06:42 PM
cally33

I have a lavender jade stone and I find that very loving and soothing emotionally, also rose quartz does the job :-)