Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 06-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Pathfinder

2 is greater than 1. Math itself is objective. How its applied is subjective due to choice and observation. Objectivity is where insight and exosight co exist. Subjectivity is insight. Objectivity is outside.
You cannot physically become another person and see through them. So alas, subjectivity is the uniqueness of souls individual experience and perspective. But its still in potential that it is agreeable. To become intersubjective. Recreatable shared experiences are objective. But only in mechanical descriptions. So objectivity in the scientific syntax is mechanical which yo ehich any whole number exists by resonance of peak perception. For example it seeks to capture true red as a frequency based on ratios which are relationships, of mean median and mode as in to average, find repititions and medians.
"Its statistics". -big shaq
Subjective is basically freedom from a logical mechanistic drone society. If everything were to be objective it would be determined. And even logic seeks the fastest path which leaves all other longer paths left in the dust. Oddly enough thats where pi is and other IRRATIONAL NUMBERS. I didnt really prove anything, but it was fun writing this post.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Experiencer
falsifiability or refutability.

Real science is falsifiable - Because in order to know something is true, you need to have a way/method to prove is false.

Most people always have a bias to prove something to be true, when you're biased you completely avoid all of the evidence to prove is wrong, so you do wrong statistics by collecting biased data lying to yourself and to everybody else.

Profesional scientists do the opposite, they always start with the bias to prove the theory is wrong (avoiding a psychological bias), and even if they have collected all the evidence that the theory is wrong and still it rises up no matter the negative evidence - Then is true.

The problem with religion, beliefs, pseudo-sciences and maded-up theories by people is that they star with a bias that is true, and they avoid the principle of falsifiability or refutability.
Old 13-12-2020, 07:54 PM
Guide

What in life is truly objective? Anything you attach no emotion to.

For instance a tree is objective, as long as you don't ascribe beauty or texture to it. A tree is simply.... a tree. You observe. It exists.

But if you admire it, rhapsodize over it, thank it for shade... it becomes subjective.

The same with any observable object. A person, a food, a place. A simple observation of its existence is objective. If you think kindly of the person, hate the food, or have memories of the place, they become subjective.

So most everything is potentially objective. Then we take notice and layer them in subjective feelings and expectations.
Old 14-12-2020, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
What in life is truly objective? Anything you attach no emotion to.
So, objectively emotions don't exist as there was no emotion before attachment to emotion. Without emotion there is nothing to attach to. Similar situation for attachment.

Good to know nothing can objectively exist without emotions and attachment previously 'existing'. So what is the nature of that which precedes objective existence?

If the answer is subjective existence, that would support the Eastern thought that all existence is a product of consciousness.
Old 14-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Nothing is impossible.

IF we live in a finite, occupied space Universe, then there can only be one rational, logical common sense conclusion, that, macro-infinite, non-occupied space embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space Universe.

Rather simple to grasp.

Finite = integrity

Infinite = lack of integrity

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 16-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Pathfinder

I can see how finite is integral and infinite is not but theres a middle third. Infinitely integral which are finite infinite patterns. And the universe has patterns which are of this order and to know the micro tells of the macro. What this allows is infinite recursive fractal embedding and implosion. Why else would a star be able to supernova or black hole. They do this because they exist in the vaccuum of space time. Thinks that follow mathematical insight inside the atmosphere of our planet pass through or are effected by more intermediaries that cause them to grow uniquely. Plus dna editing is a thing as well. The universw wants to create unique self similar things. Unique self similarity is another example of infinite finitude.

Now on emotion, the only attachment to emotion is our knowledge of it. By gettings to know more complex emotion we can then notice it arise in the world by context and linguistic mapping. Language and description actually opens up our senses as well as alters our directive/paths . There are cultures that dont have words for blue and cannot see blue but they can see minute differences in green in a sample of many similar greens. Its hard to grasp that. You may be thinking of it like a linguistic error in translation. Surelt ae have words for sky. So even im unsure of that. But now imagine having no language of emotion and try to go in the world with more bodily awareness and try to feel emotions. This does weird stuff , our own awareness conflicts with the resting state of our bodies. Things that require less conscious activity are considered subconscious, the same goes for sublingual, things we cant describe. Autistic or aspergers kids experience the inability to comprehend facial cues in socoal behaviour but its learnable.
Old 16-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Quote:
PsyKeys..I can see how finite is integral and infinite is not but theres a middle third. Infinitely integral which are finite infinite patterns.

There exists only two infinities;

1} conceptual infinity's ergo your "infinite patterns", and,

2} the macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces/surounds the finite, occupied space Universe.

1a1} Your infinite patterns are concepts, not an actutal reality of occupied space Universe, and to just say, that "infinite patterns" exists, is not in anyway that, there evidence that they exist, ergo just concepts, not an occupied space.

Quote:
And the universe has patterns which are of this order and to know the micro tells of the macro. What this allows is infinite recursive fractal embedding and implosion.

Ditto the above, saying something exists as an occupied space is not in anyway evidence that it true.

Quote:
Why else would a star be able to supernova or black hole. They do this because they exist in the vaccuum of space time.

I'm not a supernova scientist. The vacuum of space between earth and moon, sun everywhere in Universe is not a true vacuum i..e that space is filled with photons, neutrinos at minimum and others Ive not stated here.

Play again?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-12-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
-the physicality of it
I.E. space-time continuum, matter, energy, change of things
-the process of its (ongoing) creation

Basically what is subjective is YOUR experience of it.

I am sorry but I disagree.
Quantum physicists knows that a measurement of sub-atomic particle can be influenced by the measuring action, thus by the scientist who perform the measurement.
Many metaphysics consider that as the consciousness of the scientist interferes with the measurement... I have a different opinion about that, nevertheless, if sub-atomic matter can be influenced by the measuring subject, in general all what we consider energy, matter and so on is subjective.
Holographic Universe of D. Bohm defines Virtual Universe what we experience as Universe, therefore it is subjective.
Old 25-12-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronStar
Please, let me know your thoughts.
What in life is truly objective and not subjective?

It would be nice to know also your point of view.

The first answer that comes in my mind would be "nothing".
Someone says that the true essence of universe is the only objective thing (not what we perceive, that is someone calls it Virtual Reality).
What is the true essence of universe? I think philosophers over millennias are pondering about it, we won't find answer here.
My mere point of view is that the only true objective thing is the divinity. We cannot perceive it, we cannot feel it, we cannot understand it. We are all made of Virtual Reality... it's like trying understanding where our mind take place: in the brain? nope, there rare cases of brainless people who have normal life (read Anandayana Project book with all its references).
I don't call "god" that divinity because that word recalls religions' believes.
Old 25-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Objective is what we observe via direct experiences and indirectly via the instruments/tools we observe objectively.

Subject is what we apply from our experiential knowledge base.

We directly about gravity as a young child learning to walk, that falling is not fun unless the landing hurts so we subjectively apply cushioning to the Earth where we intend to land, or subjectively create parachutes or other.

We subjectively create magnifying lens from our experiential data base of knowledge and asciertain that the points of light in the sky that do not twinkle are planets, adn,

those that do twinkle, are stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronStar
Please, let me know your thoughts.
What in life is truly objective and not subjective?