Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 14-09-2021, 11:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Exclamation Questions that I have about paganism especially wicca

Hi I want to follow a natural religion of worshipping nature. I can only believe in one true source of good - the Universe itself - and maybe it can have different parts of it that can be symbolised as gods and godesses but I still believe in only one true source and can only seriously refer to it as such. I tried to follow wicca but I do not understand if you are allowed to believe in one source of good because they say to believe in many gods and godesses and worship them. I do not want to worship them, I want to worship nature as a whole and the infinite Universe and I guess I am not much for rituals. When I do something like a spell I want to do it my way. I do not use circles. I do not use a long list of tools or ingredients, I use my energy and the power of believeing almost like law of attraction with extra steps. It works so I don't know why I should do it any other way because intention is most important to me everything else is extra though I think for example crystals can help. And circle of protection is great but I think its just as valid to just call on protection and maybe visualize yourself in a circle of protection.

So I like wicca but I dont agree with everything, like the threefold law. I dont like it because it does not seem fair to wish harm on someone x 3 for what they did because then you are wishing them extra harm, not just karma but something x 3 worse than what they did.. In my mind that brings bad karma to yourself to do that. /:
And sorry but I dont like how wicca borrows from all religions in terms of gods and goddesses.

I wonder about all the tools necessary. People buy all those things athame, all kinds of crystals, special altar cloths etc.. Its serious that its necessary or is it just to show off ? Serious question. It seems hypocritical for a natural religion. /: And if you cant afford it you are not welcome ? If I find any nice branch I want as wiccan wand, it is not valid..?

It is very hard to find info... I like wicca but some aspects not so much. Is there some religion similar or is it valid to follow wicca as I would wish?? If I came across a coven someday would they accept me...?
Old 15-09-2021, 03:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by laleyle
If I came across a coven someday would they accept me...?
It is they who must wonder if you would accept them.
Do you practice witchcraft?
Old 15-09-2021, 10:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
It is they who must wonder if you would accept them.

Do you practice witchcraft?

I guess it depends on how you define witchcraft.
I make simple spells sometimes or charge crystals to carry with me for attracting specific things or for general protection when it feels necessary.
I spend more time on various forms of divination which I am very interested in.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Master

Quote:
I spend more time on various forms of divination which I am very interested in.
Are you psychic?
Old 15-09-2021, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Hi I want to follow a natural religion of worshipping nature. I can only believe in one true source of good
Laleyle,
The most natural religion is essentially the one we create. If you believe that nature is good then determine if you are worshipping creation or the creator. To follow any specific religion you will give up personal freedom by accepting the beliefs of others. Do you need or want the validation of others for this price ?
Old 15-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The most natural religion is essentially the one we create.
What is natural is not man-made. Religion, by definition, is created by us. Therefore, "natural religion" is a contradiction in terms.

Be that as it may, what - to you - is a "natural religion" and how do you practice it?
Old 15-09-2021, 09:10 PM
Administrator
You are free to follow the religion that suits you.I have always said it does'nt matter what religion you follow. as long as you do it with pure Intent you will be fine.
If i want to prayer i do but i do'nt believe that you have to go to church to do it.
you can prayer outside in Nature. most people incoperate different things from different religions and it works for them

Namaste
Old 16-09-2021, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
You are free to follow the religion that suits you.I have always said it does'nt matter what religion most people incoperate different things from different religions and it works for them
As we are all different and have various needs and expectations it certainly is sensible to take what you need from various Religions and use what's beneficial.
Old 16-09-2021, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
As we are all different and have various needs and expectations it certainly is sensible to take what you need from various Religions and use what's beneficial.
There is some sense to that. What we need is an ecumenical store where you can buy "oats" from Buddhism, "bananas" from Christianity, "figs" from Islam, "dried bat's eyes" from wicca for a potent brew.
Old 16-09-2021, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
There is some sense to that. What we need is an ecumenical store where you can buy "oats" from Buddhism, "bananas" from Christianity, "figs" from Islam, "dried bat's eyes" from wicca for a potent brew.
The Store is in the 'Mind'