Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 29-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Pathfinder
I want to stop draining others

Many people say that they feel drained when they interact with me, even though I have never voluntarily taken another person's energy directly. The strange thing is: I'm usually the quieter person in a conversation. Even so, it seems that I am draining other peoples' energy somehow without even realizing it, and I need to stop it before it wreaks havoc on all of my current and future relationships and friendships.

I cannot live like this.
Old 29-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Sangress

If they want to tell you that your draining them then they should at least have the curtesy of doing something about it rather than putting all guilt and responsibility on you. shame on them. They should be supporting you, not accusing you.

And guess what, for all you know its not even you.

Try getting some energetic shields and see if the situation changes, if it doesnt then its definitely them.

Also, try not to let it get you down. It doesnt have to be a bad thing, just something to learn and understand and adapt to.
Old 29-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietStorm
Many people say that they feel drained when they interact with me, even though I have never voluntarily taken another person's energy directly. The strange thing is: I'm usually the quieter person in a conversation. Even so, it seems that I am draining other peoples' energy somehow without even realizing it, and I need to stop it before it wreaks havoc on all of my current and future relationships and friendships.

I cannot live like this.

Are they off loading?

If you're the quieter one, are they getting rid of all their rubbish onto you?

If so, it's not you draining, it's you absorbing,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
res

Theres a good book called "The cellestine prophecy" that you may like. It is a fiction novel though the concept of energy transfer really gets you thinking.

Based on your limited info is it safe to say that you lean on these people with your woes maybe or make comments toward the negative or even sarcasm? It is great to have good friends to help us through tough times but if the tough times are constant it can wear on others and how much time they want to spend around us. I feel that a healthy balance of giving out positive energy even just a simple smile can counteract a part of the negative energy that a frown can give and create a harmonious relationship. With my kids i like to let them see me smile more than they see me frown, which can be tough with six of them but that way the balance of energy is good and more for the positive.

Finding something nice to say about someone and giving them a compliment is the easiest way of giving out positive energy and seeing its effect on another person instantly. I agree it is hard to say with the limited info and context.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 AM
poozle

i can relate, storm

i have always been the quiet one in the group to. after working with energy for some years now i believe that people naturally give and take energy from and to each other without even knowing it. its not good or evil. its just one way we support each other. this is just my perspective tho. over the years i started to notice that when my energy is especially low i strongly drain others without even meaning to. i didn't even know it was happening. its funny, i can actually relate to Sangress's comments about draining others from a different thread. anyway, my simple answer to this problem is to become more sensitive to your energy so you can tell when your energy is strong or weak and eventually you will learn what actions you can take that either increase or decrease your energy. over time you will switch from having low energy to being someone with lots of strong energy and, if you choose, you can even kindly allow people around you to drain your energy if they are low and need support :)...oh yea, FYI people transfer energy to and from each other simply be being around each other. however the more engaged you are with that person will determine how strong the connection is. so if you are making eye contact, physical contact, talking specifically to that person, breathing in the proper way or paying close attention to that person then the connection will be stronger.
Old 31-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Jagar Alagoria

Heres an idea; try to drain negative energies and emotions, rather than positive ones. If you can learn to drain something that hurts them, then maybe you can turn the tide. Also, try to convert the negative energies into positive and give them back.
Old 31-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks for your responses everyone. I think that I figured out what's been going on, and the problem seems to be pretty much resolved.
Old 31-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:

I cannot live like this.

Quietstorm you didnt give a lot away on your OP but this came to mind.

Maybe what are they meaning by draining is that if you are introverted and shy away from initiating conversation it leaves it up to the person you are conversing with to do all the work to keep the chat coming up with fresh ideas to talk about. If that is happening that takes a bit of effort for those you talk to and they might shy away for that reason.

If that is the case..

A great method of avoiding this is to constantly talk about positive stuff and things that interest the person you are chatting to.

You shouldn't begin thinking you are some sort of reverse polarity energy drain thing. If you do that you will sorta jinx yourself and just make it harder to correct the problem you are experiencing with interacting with people.

Your probably a really great person and with the right way of going about interacting with people they can get to experience that too.

If you can make someone smile you become an energy giver and they become attracted to you.

I am not sure if that is what you are like(really introverted) but you seem pretty keen to solve it and that is one thing that happens I can think of to help you with that I have experienced.

I hope that helps a bit.

Love and light.
Old 31-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for your responses everyone. I think that I figured out what's been going on, and the problem seems to be pretty much resolved.

Yeah, things have a way of working themselves out ay?
Old 31-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Racer X

Quote:

I cannot live like this.

Perhaps it is those who claim you do this...... draining themselves with negative thoughts/judgments towards you~

In either case, read and practice "The Mystic Path To Cosmic Power by Vernon Howard" , it will work wonders in your life.