Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 AM
Blaze

Black & Blue
Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 AM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Almost everyone has a favorite color or colors. They find themselves inexplicably drawn to / favoring one or two colors over the others. Like, for me example, my main favorite color is blue, but I'm also attracted to silver (not that I want to wear silver, but I find it attractive as a color).

Over the years I've been curious and went searching for the answers to these questions. What do colors in the aura mean? What does your favorite color say about you? Etc. etc. etc.
Now I'm at the point where I'm asking this question. WHY do so many of us find ourselves drawn to a particular color? Were these physical forms born under a specific spectrum of spiritual light / energy? What is the purpose behind it?
I mean, yes, sure, it probably comes off sounding like a ditzy question to ask, muchless to be wondering about, but... really.
WHY do we find ourselves drawn to a single dominant / preferred color? Any ideas? I'm curious to read what you want to share about this.

Mines always been red.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Pinkroses

I've always loved purple and blue. To me, they are "calm" colors. Blue especially makes me feel more relaxed and peaceful. I also love lakes and oceans, which often appear blue and are very calming as well. I guess I am drawn to colors that give me a sense of inner peace.

As far as decorating, my house is mostly earth tones -- white, tan, green. And, of course, a little bit of blue and purple. I like to create an environment that feels natural and soothing.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Master
Yellow and blue.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Hello

I can not say I have one colour that I would say is a favorite. I do have colours that call out louder on certain levels. I have often wondered if the colour we are most drawn to is one that we were introduced to early on as an infant.

I often choose the colour top I will wear depending on what the day might well hold for me. I like Pink but I find that many of the tops in it are too poofy and that is not me style. Yet its a colour I am very drawn to as it feels calming and emotionally grounding.

Lynn
Old 22-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Knower
Nobody has posted in this thread in a while so I though I would rejuvenate it as I have become very interested in colours.

My favourite colour has been blue for as long as I can remember. When I began meditating regularly I started straying more towards aqua blue. Recently I have started liking indigo and purple a lot.
I like to wear faded blue jeans and I have loads of plain white tshirts. They are almost all I wear lol. They always make me feel fresh and cleansed when I put them on. I like blue trainers. I don't like red and never wear it. I am fond of orange also.
Old 22-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Almost everyone has a favorite color or colors. They find themselves inexplicably drawn to / favoring one or two colors over the others. Like, for me example, my main favorite color is blue, but I'm also attracted to silver (not that I want to wear silver, but I find it attractive as a color).

Over the years I've been curious and went searching for the answers to these questions. What do colors in the aura mean? What does your favorite color say about you? Etc. etc. etc.
Now I'm at the point where I'm asking this question. WHY do so many of us find ourselves drawn to a particular color? Were these physical forms born under a specific spectrum of spiritual light / energy? What is the purpose behind it?
I mean, yes, sure, it probably comes off sounding like a ditzy question to ask, muchless to be wondering about, but... really.
WHY do we find ourselves drawn to a single dominant / preferred color? Any ideas? I'm curious to read what you want to share about this.

Just like almost every view, if you try hard enough you can trace the path of how a color became your favorite. Picking a color is far less importan culturally than, say, morals or beliefs, so it's harder than going back and saying "oh, I believe this because it's what I was taught".

For example, my favorite color is green. I've always liked snakes and been interested in serpents since a kid, being raised Jewish didn't help. I remember how Moses changed his staff into a serpent, how the serpent in Eden tricked Eve, etc. I also have always had a thing for large monster and anti heroes. Seems random but it all connects; green is my favorite color because of the Harry Potter movies. Lol, I'm not even a big fan. However, Slytherine was green and black, and they were serpentine, not to mention Severus Snape was my favorite character and I thought the Basilisk was awesome. So all this got connected and my favorite color became green.

Previously it ha been blue. The walls in my room growing up were blue... Not shock.
Old 22-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Guide

purple is my favorite at the moment
Old 22-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Master

Hello lovely Dawn :)

Emerald Green has always been my dominant colour- and it's usually the most dominant colour of my aura- it was the colour coming into and going out of my life- it's a very healing colour- emerald heart
After that I am really drawn to red ocre- which is more like an earthy orange- I am obsessed with red dirt- I sometimes collect it in jars lol! Orange sunsets. . . Red dirt -Green trees- now I'm feeling all sentimental haha!
I'm an earth sign so it's no surprise that I love earthy colours-
If I was abducted and taken to a planet with no green- I think I'd go into grieving!
Although most people go through phases- at the moment yellow and ocean aqua are beautiful to me - the colours of summer love haha
But most people ways have dominat colours as you say- and I reckon that they seem to be a reflection of their dominant energy :) all the other passing faves (In my experiance) are colours that I have needed at a particular time to heal particular issues-
Good topic :)

Who's next?!

Why did you make me choose one colour dawn?! -
Old 22-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Master

Dawn- come back :(