Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruthy
So what exactly is what you call, VISHNU?

Exactly?

Oh this ought to be interesting.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Master
like that miss hepburn, my answer would be `What is not vishnu`?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Knower
Thanks so much for all the wonderful responses!

Having a dream as such did change my life. I felt that a higher power was communicating with me. But rather than focusing on that, I dismissed it out of fear of the unknown. I was challenging my own experience. I started to believe that it was just my imagination, so I put the dream on a shelf. But I know now that it had to be more...

At this time in my life, I AM feeling a spiritual calling. It is very scary. Every day I wonder why I am questioning who I am. I wonder why my relationships dissolved or why I never quite fit in. Or why I desire to change.

As a result of my confusion in the past, I would constantly rely on my friendships or relationships for answers. When I was disappointed, I would go see psychics to get "answers"...the more so, the more confused I became as many of these psychics either got tired of helping me or completely led me astray. I feel that these experiences were God's way of guiding me to help myself! I have realized that as much love as others may offer, nothing is better than the love I have for myself- or the love of Vishnu.

This dream was the beginning of a journey. I believe so...who knows? Maybe the dollar represented more. And so did those absolutely beautiful children with their bright smiles...

I don't know where I am going or where I will end up, but I am hoping to trust more in the power that is guiding me.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 PM
May I tell a story, probably filled with mistakes that I hope will be corrected - bec I can not remember if this was Lord Ram with Narada - but let's`pretend now it was them.

They are on horse back and Lord Ram asks for some water.
So Narada goes to fetch some for his Lord. While at the well, Narada meets a lovely woman. They talk. She invites him to dinner.
Narada is smitten for she is a beauty and she in turn falls madly in love with such a strong handsome, young man. She introduces Narada to her parents and they welcome him openly. In a short time they are so in love that they marry - they are given some land by her parents and they build a home and gardens and begin to acquire animals.

Soon they have their first child and and another and another - they are so in love and happy and the children are beautiful and lovely.
When one day there is some rain and it continues and continues.
Soon the banks of the river are overflowing - all the country side is being flooded.
But this is no ordinary flood for the water is rising and livestock are being swept away. Before long, Narada can not save his home and his farmland, as debris is passing him the water becomes faster and faster -.

He is clinging to his wife almost being swept away. He puts one child on his shoulders as he hangs onto his wife with the other two.
But, the current is too strong his hand slips and his wife is swept away screaming for the children that have gone below the surface.
As he is searching for her now in the darkness he loses his hold on the third child and now all are swept away to their death.

In the morning - a mile from his home surrounded by debris of all kinds and exhausted and distraught, having lost his entire family and his home...up
rides Lord Ram and says, "Where is my water?"

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Master
great story miss hepburn. and the moral is that god is lazy?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
great story miss hepburn. and the moral is that god is lazy?
That would be the moral for you then, yes. He does seem to make us do alot....

The moral for me is life is an illusion, life is short, "things" in this life come and go,
what we think is real so
quickly changes, time and anything else we experience within this 'illusion of time' means nothing to the Lord, the only
thing that doesn't change is our relationship to our Lord because
livestock come and go.

Give me time I'll come up with more.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Master
you got me sussed miss hepburn.
I think the moral is to remain focused on the goal and not to be distracted.
Or god will destroy everything lol!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
you got me sussed miss hepburn.
I think the moral is to remain focused on the goal and not to be distracted.
Or god will destroy everything lol!
Ah, you have advanced insight.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Master
or reduced hindsight... I forget sometimes
Old 11-05-2011, 12:39 PM
epicsinner

Quote:
like that miss hepburn, my answer would be `What is not vishnu`?
Fantastic answer,

here is some more -

The traditional Sanskrit explanation of the name Vishu involves the root viś, meaning "to settle, to enter", or also (in the Rigveda) "to pervade", and a suffix nu, translating to approximately "the All-Pervading One". An early commentator on the Vedas, Yaska, in his Nirukta, defines Vishnu as 'vishnu vishateh; one who enters everywhere', and 'yad vi****o bhavati tad vishnurbhavati; that which is free from fetters and bondages is Vishnu.'
So in other words that which pervades everything is Vishnu.