Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Master

The drinking of Soma / Amrita

I'm interested, in who (else) enjoys the drinking of Soma / Amrita as a result of their Kundalini awakening.

The background to this is that when Kundalini pierces the crown, an opening is formed, called the mouth of heaven. This opening not only allows the adept to communicate with heavenly beings, but also allows for a slow drip-drip of heavenly nectar, the food of the gods.

The lore on this is quite extensive, allegorically, the Churning of the Milk Ocean refers to the creation of Soma by the Kundalini mechanism and the Holy Grail and Philosopher's Stone myths are also broadly in this vein. When drinking Soma, one is supposed to spit out the first dose, which tastes bitter and only drink it once it turns sweet, which is the good stuff.

Personally, I just offer the bitter-tasting poison to Lord Shiva and ask him to drink it, but what do others do, I wonder? In case you weren't aware, Lord Shiva is referred to as the blue-throated one, because he drinks the poison that is created through the churning of the milk ocean, which then turns his throat blue. The Soma is then churned out after the poison has been gotten rid of and is then drunk by the gods, but not the asuras, who also participate in the churning.

In my interpretation, the gods represent the upper chakras and the asuras the lower ones, when drinking Soma, it is primarily the upper chakras that benefit from Soma drinking, whereas the lower ones are needed for the process of churning, but they don't directly drink of the heavenly nectar. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regarding the drinking of Soma, what benefits have you noticed, apart from the obvious bliss-like state and the pleasant, orgasmic sensations? I use Soma-drinking to gain spiritual insights and to connect to higher beings and realms, but I wonder if I'm missing something. I have noticed no benefits in terms of physical health or longevity, at least not yet, so I wonder if that part is just a myth. Thoughts?
Old 12-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Its been my experience that the foul taste is from the parts of yourself that is just beginning or in the process of mixing with the divine nectar. so i experience the mixing of myself that has not become with the mixing of myself that is. as they mix it all becomes one. divine nectar.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-04-2021, 07:10 AM
Pathfinder

Several years ago I experienced a bolt of lightning shoot up from my root chakra to my brain, after realising that sexual attraction and intellectual attraction do not need to be in conflict with each other - I can have one at the same time as the other, which was a personal revelation for me, and showed me that on a deep level they had been in conflict for many years. A few days later droplets of light gently showered onto my brain from above. It was pure ecstacy. It felt like 'grace' from heaven. But it has only happended once.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:32 AM
Master

@running : thanks for sharing

@beginners_mind : That is exactly what I'm talking about. Some people experience it as divine grace, that is in fact quite an accurate description.

The difference between ordinary people and saints (as well Saddhus, Boddhisattvas, Tirtankharas, etc...) is that in such people the condition has become permament, the droplets of liquid light drips down all the time, and the human becomes something of an ascended being, a demi-god even.

It is this substance, Soma, which gives gods their immortality and powers.

In humans, it usually results in spiritual clarity, inspiration, clairvoyance, the ability to communicate with higher beings, etc...

Not sure if you were aware, but what you described above is a classic spontaneous Kundalini experience. The experience is strongly sexual, even orgasmic, which is why sexual hang ups act as such a strong deterrent to spiritual awakening. All the big faiths push an agenda of sexual guilt, because they don't want you to have the experience described above.

This acts as a blockage in the second chakra, responsible for regulating sexual activity, so the Kundalini never has the chance to rise.

By realising that your spirituality and your sexuality are not only compatible, but intertwined, you let go of your guilt and the blockage it was causing, allowing Kundalini to rise to the top. That opened up your crown and allowed Soma to flow in.

With the right spiritual practices, you can experience this sensation once again, even make it permanent. It takes dedication and patience, but it's worth it in my view, as you'll no doubt agree.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:46 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginners_mind
Several years ago I experienced a bolt of lightning shoot up from my root chakra to my brain, after realising that sexual attraction and intellectual attraction do not need to be in conflict with each other - I can have one at the same time as the other, which was a personal revelation for me, and showed me that on a deep level they had been in conflict for many years. A few days later droplets of light gently showered onto my brain from above. It was pure ecstacy. It felt like 'grace' from heaven. But it has only happended once.
I've had an experience of Grace, or love from heaven. It was because of a person I met, somehow it just happened after I had parted ways with her. I had a long six month experience with it, but the time I speak of where I felt love from heaven pouring in every direction, was profound for me. I was camping, sitting on a swing at the time. I just cried, but felt so amazed, powerful, speechless, so full. My whole body lit up.

I don't care to experience it again. I meditated like crazy leading up that day. Id have to commit to 3-4 hours a day of mediation again, and too much of the before and after that was chaotic.

@NoOne I also developed clairvoyancy, telepathy, telekinesis, and a singing voice that I think came from heaven? It was temporary,as you say it is for ordinary human beings.
Old 15-04-2021, 10:19 AM
Master

@Orion_Lion
Yes, those abilities you mention are known as siddhis in the Hindu tradition, they come from Kundalini activation, depending on which centre is active. The ones you mentioned are regulated by the higher chakras. The substance itself which activates these abilities, does come from heaven, we would know it as Nectar or Ambrosia in our culture, food of the gods. There is generally some artistic ability that comes to the surface as Kundalini is activated, in my case, it was poetry and writing in general.

Although it my be temporary at first, most people who experience it want to experience it again and again, make it permanent even, which is why we have so many "holy" people withdrawing from society, living simply, perhaps in a monk's cell, a cave, or just the forest, meditating for hours every day and studying the scriptures.

However, that amount of effort is no longer required to keep it up. Yes, you need to devote some time every day to meditation and study, you need to go out into nature as much as possible, eat right and lead a clean lifestyle, but you don't necessarily have to withdraw into a cave any more. As long as you make a modicum of effort, you can keep progressing on the path and come to experience permanent enlightenment, not just brief glimpses.

In fact, Gopi Krishna became permanently enlightened (what is called being a Jivanmukta) by working a regular office job for the Indian authorities and living a busy family life, back when information on Kundalini was much less available.

It is a hallmark of Kali Yuga (the Iron Age or Dark Age, we currently live in), that much less effort is required to progress spiritually than in previous epochs. What might have taken 10.000 years of fierce austerities in the Golden Age (people lived for much longer back then), might be achieved with 10 years of moderate daily practice these days, a huge advantage of living in current times, despite all the darkness and negativity around us.
Old 15-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Master
well, I wouldn’t be able to perhaps describe it in visuals the way you state, NoOne, even though I have experienced the rise, the orifice in crown through which we, as energy pass through into the void and back.

In my case, what I went through was a polarity balance. Meaning male and female energies both simultaneously manifest. It was disconcerting, to say the least. A telepathic communication urged me to simply allow, without resistance. After a few minutes, equilibrium was attained in form.

Thereafter, Hirayangarbha in head region split into two and two forms, Shiva and Shakti descended into the heart centre, where union resulted in a thunderous bliss explosion, ignited the Sushumna. It has remained as a permanent feature ever since, mostly purring, sometimes roaring!

Initially, I took soma as correspondent to the Bindu point at rear of head. It may be so. However, gradually, I’d say, each node in form is a holographic replication of Hirayangarbha and as such, each node is complete in itself, whilst also all interconnected harmoniously.

The soma nectar drips at upper regions, as you say ... sometimes it gets as far down as the navel point (Manipura). Heart is the main zone, as also third eye, crown itself and throat (Adams apple and jugular notch). At rear, Medulla.

Palms and soles of feet also radiate current constantly through day and night, without abatement.

Strangely, some time back, my entire spinal column ... the rear of body, the physical spine, seemed like a million volts of electricity was passing through it. Sheer power! No attribute. I don’t know what that means, yet. If you can shed light on this, please do so.

Taking soma to bestow bliss, orgasmic and beyond, a climax unending ... then yes, it’s right here, within!

There have been several mind blowing experiences. However, I’d give weightage to those aspects, which are present in permanence.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:03 PM
It makes me very happy so many have. ...also.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-04-2021, 04:53 PM
Master

Hi US, your feedback is always appreciated.

The lightning bolt sensation is linked to Kundalini activation, it is quite common actually. In Western esoteric traditions, a lightning bolt is often used to indicate this sensation. Kundalini increases the electric activity of not only the entire spinal column, but the whole nervous system, so you get jolts of electric shock, spasms, kriyas, spontaneous movements, that kind of thing.

However, you lost me at Hiranyagarbha, not sure what you meant by that. Did you mean to say that this is some sort of nondual repository within your body that exists in a state before the separation of Shiva and Shakti into a dualistic state?
Old 16-04-2021, 12:54 AM
Master
Hi NoOne!

Exactly! Hirayangarbha or cosmic egg, is nondual, the one, containing all. I ‘saw’ it clearly in head, as it split into two, the potential and kinetic, Shiva and Shakti. I even asked and was communicated there and then what It was.

As for the entire spinal column, I’d normally agree on what you say but since all actuations both within and without occurred in varying stages since 2018, this now sustained, stretched vibratory power is unclear, in as to mind. Aspect of surrender and acceptance allows the experience, later mind wishes to understand.