Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-03-2021, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
It actually means more? Yes it does mean don't hit back. It is also about don't hit first. It is not a philosophy of one but both also. A much deeper meaning. I hit you you hit me philosophy. I think we say this is because it is something no one can do. This has been mentioned before. We justify our inability to do it. Think of it in terms of revenge. It is about violence continuing. It actually means something else and what was said above.

Was wondering about teaching if I may ask others, is this what teachers teach or is there disagreement with what teachers teach?

Added: Btw, it is the mind that is also slapped (and feels) which I think is missed.

i tend to agree. To me, asking someone to slap you on the other cheek is like saying 'I love you so much I will let you hurt me still furhter'. As opposed to having a desire for revenge...
Old 15-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

That Seth teaching mirrors the Law of Attraction principals. That we attract what we focus our attention on.

John

Yet some people use these teachings to repress feelings that are there.

Surely this could not be the intent?
Old 15-03-2021, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
To me, it doesn't matter what teachers or dogma say.

I quoted Seth just because it happens I agree with him on the ideas I quoted. I didn't get my beliefs from Seth or another external source, just from my inner source of knowledge (not by reasoning either).

That's why I see no merit in arguing anything. I share my ideas, but I ask nobody to accept them, as for them the best way to form their beliefs is to tap their own inner sources of knowledge.

Unfortunately, most people borrow their ideas from others, who may or may not know what they're talking about. The number of followers has no correlation to the validity of a teacher, or dogma' ideas.

Bottom line of the subject discussed here, is that thoughts and emotions are extremely important, actions much less. Positive actions accompanied by negative emotions and thought will always yield situations that will cause more negative emotions and thoughts.

Kind of affronting that you think that causing pain is OK as long as you are not feeling negative. Psychopaths may even feel pleasure. Surely a spiritually inclined teaching is deeper and truer (probably more along the lines of what lemex says)
Old 15-03-2021, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
At some level it is about compassion to. This particular idea to me is one of the most advanced (new) teaching of any modern system. What about others?

Yes, I concur. Responding but from compassion, and one, not two, as you say it is the highest of teachings.
Old 16-03-2021, 11:08 PM
Experiencer

To me this teaching is about displaying superiority. Remember that this is an instruction given to the saints, who were living a pious life, free from evil and ignorance.

If you go to a gymn where they teach martial arts, the instructor will tell you not to fight in the streets, because the training will give you an unfair advantage over common people. So, if a fighter trusts his muscles and skills enough not to use them against other people, how much stronger is the blessed elect living under the law of heaven?

To turn the other cheek means to be incorruptible and prepared for the attack of the enemy, because the righteous one is invincible. One can only turn the other cheek if he is strong enough, otherwise he's down on the ground after the first strike.

Going back in time a bit we find Socrates giving a similar advice:

One who is injured ought not to return the injury, for on no account can it be right to do an injustice; and it is not right to return an injury, or to do evil to any man, however much we have suffered from him.

And back in Ancient Egypt they said:

Don’t start a quarrel with a
Hot-mouthed man,
Nor needle him with words,
Pause before a foe, bend before an attacker.
Sleep on it before speaking.
A storm that bursts like fire through straw,
Such is the heated man in his hour.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 17-03-2021, 02:36 AM
Master
I think the thing is to not hate your enemy or those whom do you unrighteously. The hate will destroy you as it is a self-destructive energy/emotion. So yeah, turn the other cheek . Amen
Old 17-03-2021, 03:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I think the thing is to not hate your enemy or those whom do you unrighteously. The hate will destroy you as it is a self-destructive energy/emotion. So yeah, turn the other cheek . Amen
I think too that that was the point.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.