Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Seth's Session 550 is very powerful.
You draw to yourself in this existence and in all others those qualities upon which you concentrate your attention. If you vividly concern yourself with the injustices you feel have been done you, then you attract more such experience, and if this goes on, then it will be mirrored in your next existence.

—SS Chapter 12: Session 550, September 28, 1970
If interested you can read it here:
http://al-worldview.blogspot.com/sea...+bring+ peace

What you resent you become .. so this makes sense to me, but one doesn't have to feel like a victim as such not to turn the other cheek .

It can quite simply be pointed out that certain behaviours are not on, nor are they to be tolerated .

The problem is at times is that a peep can entertain so much abuse over time, one cannot easily remove themselves from the energy that supports it .

x daz x
Old 13-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Master

The way I understand “Turn the other cheek if you are attacked”, it means not to hate, not to get angry, surely not to get afraid.

It is symbolic.

This admonition doesn't mean to be feeble, to take abuse, to let yourself be bullied. It doesn't say not to hit back, not to defend yourself, not to inflict pain in the attacker.

This admonition says only not to hold negative emotions because those will bring more of such to yourself.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-02-2021, 01:07 AM
Master

To expand on my above post, this is another Seth quote (about three and a half pages long, from "Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul", the first book dictated by Seth).

You can read it here:
https://books.google.com/books?id=nJ...eck%22&f=false
or here (about half way into that post):
https://al-worldview.blogspot.com/se...E2%80%99s+neck
It begins:
(Jim told of finding a man asleep at his work. Jim explained his ideas and emotions concerning the incident, and wanted to know how he could change them.)

You can indeed change them, but do not deny the part of you that wanted to wring the other man’s neck. You were so frightened of the thought that you immediately inhibited it. Let us consider. ...
down the quote:
... The nicest thing that could happen would be that you suddenly blew your stack and kicked him. The worst thing that could happen would be that once again you restrain the acknowledgement of the pent up, perfectly natural aggression that is now ready to explode – so you send out a thought-form out of all proportion to any of the events that have transpired. The thought-form causes your friend severe harm; and all of this because you were afraid that one stray aggressive thought of yours was more powerful than the vitality that resides in each of you. ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-02-2021, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The way I understand “Turn the other cheek if you are attacked”, it means not to hate, not to get angry, surely not to get afraid.

It is symbolic.

This admonition doesn't mean to be feeble, to take abuse, to let yourself be bullied. It doesn't say not to hit back, not to defend yourself, not to inflict pain in the attacker.

This admonition says only not to hold negative emotions because those will bring more of such to yourself.
It actually means more? Yes it does mean don't hit back. It is also about don't hit first. It is not a philosophy of one but both also. A much deeper meaning. I hit you you hit me philosophy. I think we say this is because it is something no one can do. This has been mentioned before. We justify our inability to do it. Think of it in terms of revenge. It is about violence continuing. It actually means something else and what was said above.

Was wondering about teaching if I may ask others, is this what teachers teach or is there disagreement with what teachers teach?

Added: Btw, it is the mind that is also slapped (and feels) which I think is missed.

Last edited by lemex : 14-02-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old 14-02-2021, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
While others find out humor and deflecting somehow works well, also.
Becoming friends with the bully - by doing something for them.
There is a teen movie, My Bodyguard, 1980, where the skinny boy hires a big tall kid to just shadow him, to intimidate.
Works out well, because the kid uses his brain.

Worked out well for him then, less so for others. Some only learn the hard way, you can't befriend them. Bullies can also continue to abuse you if you do something for them. They may enjoy that sort of power they have over you. People are different, including bullies.
Old 14-02-2021, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You don't. I don't.
I've dwelled on this thought for some time now and as much as I understand it, I can't agree. This does not see something to me, missing something very important, if I cause the pain of others. Again my philosophy of two, not one. Am I wrong about this. To me, this is why we should care and not turn inward being only about me. It's about also seeing my actions and observing, is there cause and effect we can predict seeing what will and can happen. The original idea of turn the other cheek is attributed to another who did not have the time to explain it. It became an incomplete message in a way. At some level it is about compassion to. This particular idea to me is one of the most advanced (new) teaching of any modern system. What about others?
Old 14-02-2021, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I've dwelled on this thought for some time now and as much as I understand it, I can't agree. This does not see something to me, missing something very important, if I cause the pain of others. Again my philosophy of two, not one. Am I wrong about this. To me, this is why we should care and not turn inward being only about me. It's about also seeing my actions and observing, is there cause and effect we can predict seeing what will and can happen. The original idea of turn the other cheek is attributed to another who did not have the time to explain it. It became an incomplete message in a way. At some level it is about compassion to. This particular idea to me is one of the most advanced (new) teaching of any modern system. What about others?
This was referring to this exchange:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I'm asking, why do I have to buy into the idea that I have to prevent pain at all costs?

-Miss H: You don't. I don't.
I don't buy into that I have to prevent my own pain.
I learn big time from painful things...I don't invite them ---but understand
that I caused them from this life or another so accept them and learn from them.
Pain is like a blinking light on the car ---it indicates an imbalance.

If it was implied 'pain to others' I was not aware of that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-02-2021, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
It actually means more? Yes it does mean don't hit back. It is also about don't hit first. It is not a philosophy of one but both also. A much deeper meaning. I hit you you hit me philosophy. I think we say this is because it is something no one can do. This has been mentioned before. We justify our inability to do it. Think of it in terms of revenge. It is about violence continuing. It actually means something else and what was said above.

Was wondering about teaching if I may ask others, is this what teachers teach or is there disagreement with what teachers teach?

Added: Btw, it is the mind that is also slapped (and feels) which I think is missed.
To me, it doesn't matter what teachers or dogma say.

I quoted Seth just because it happens I agree with him on the ideas I quoted. I didn't get my beliefs from Seth or another external source, just from my inner source of knowledge (not by reasoning either).

That's why I see no merit in arguing anything. I share my ideas, but I ask nobody to accept them, as for them the best way to form their beliefs is to tap their own inner sources of knowledge.

Unfortunately, most people borrow their ideas from others, who may or may not know what they're talking about. The number of followers has no correlation to the validity of a teacher, or dogma' ideas.

Bottom line of the subject discussed here, is that thoughts and emotions are extremely important, actions much less. Positive actions accompanied by negative emotions and thought will always yield situations that will cause more negative emotions and thoughts.
Old 14-02-2021, 08:07 PM
Master

Quote:
If this works for you, who's to tell you what's better?

On the other hand you misunderstood the suggestion of turning inwards. You do that for knowledge and guidance.

When you say "it doesn't seem to me", you rely on your intellectual reasoning, which has neither the data nor the capacity to tackle such fundamental concepts. (no offense intended)

"Turning the other cheek" is symbolical, and it isn't about passivity. It is about your thoughts and emotions. Read my post
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...9&postcount=13
and follow the Seth link if you want to get a deeper explanation.

Everybody understands in the framework of their beliefs.
Old 14-03-2021, 09:44 PM
1337_d00d

So today I was thinking that moving in the spirit means putting your attention somewhere and your spirit will automatically move there. So in a sense 'turning the other cheek' can be seen as turning away from the injustice so as to move, in the spirit, to a better scenario. This is challenging but it's possible to envision a scenario where you are not victimized and thus 'move' there.