Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 28-01-2021, 09:11 AM
Elfin

Like a giant carousel.
Just going round.
And round.
And round.

Walking on a treadmill.
Going nowhere.
Absolutely nowhere.

Like a broken tree,
just laying there,
in the aftermath of a storm.

I'm here.
But that's all I am.
Just here..........
......... for now.

This was written about 25 years ago. But I would like to dedicate this one to each and every single one of the victims of covid 19 in 2020 and 2021....
Old 28-01-2021, 09:21 AM
Elfin

... I noticed the time of the last poem with its dedication. And I cannot ignore the 9.11..... Almost as if they are saying ""what about us ?""..... You have not been forgotten either . Any of you.
Old 28-01-2021, 09:34 AM
Newbie ;)

I really enjoyed "The Carrot". Were you making a metaphor that we should complain less as we endure pain for there is always someone who has it worse off?
Old 28-01-2021, 09:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Like a giant carousel.
Just going round.
And round.
And round.

Walking on a treadmill.
Going nowhere.
Absolutely nowhere.

Like a broken tree,
just laying there,
in the aftermath of a storm.

I'm here.
But that's all I am.
Just here..........
......... for now.

This was written about 25 years ago. But I would like to dedicate this one to each and every single one of the victims of covid 19 in 2020 and 2021....

A nice title for this one could be Stuck, but I'm sure you already have one for it. :)!

I like it very much, and the dedication is great.
Old 28-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirt_of_Industry
I really enjoyed "The Carrot". Were you making a metaphor that we should complain less as we endure pain for there is always someone who has it worse off?
.....BLUMMING HECK SPIRIT... THAT WAS QUICK. !!! LOL.... Now then... And this is what I meant when I told you on your thread I didn't want to scare you off !!!.... Because "knowing" me , comes at a price !!! And the price is always this .... Ok... So I've forgotten cos I've waffled on so much !!.... But it was something along the lines of there's always a message (hidden or otherwise ).. in there somewhere. And as a kindred spirit poet LOL , I like your way of thinking. And as with any good artist, be it painter, poet, or one of those kids that sprays "I woz ere" on every brick it can find .. the message, or indeed beauty , is Always in the eye of the beholder as what to what it means to them...... I like your interpretation of my carrot. I think when I wrote it my personal meaning was ""everything that lives has feelings ".... We should never assume they don't...!! ......
Old 28-01-2021, 09:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
.....BLUMMING HECK SPIRIT... THAT WAS QUICK. !!! LOL.... Now then... And this is what I meant when I told you on your thread I didn't want to scare you off !!!.... Because "knowing" me , comes at a price !!! And the price is always this .... Ok... So I've forgotten cos I've waffled on so much !!.... But it was something along the lines of there's always a message (hidden or otherwise ).. in there somewhere. And as a kindred spirit poet LOL , I like your way of thinking. And as with any good artist, be it painter, poet, or one of those kids that sprays "I woz ere" on every brick it can find .. the message, or indeed beauty , is Always in the eye of the beholder as what to what it means to them...... I like your interpretation of my carrot. I think when I wrote it my personal meaning was ""everything that lives has feelings ".... We should never assume they don't...!! ......

Very nice. We were in the same ballpark I think, .
Old 28-01-2021, 09:52 AM
Elfin

Quote:
A nice title for this one could be Stuck, but I'm sure you already have one for it. :)!

I like it very much, and the dedication is great.
...Thank you. I have never really titled my work... But because I am now "displaying" it, so to speak, I have a title for them. But because of the "dedication" of this one, I decided to leave it un-titled.... As actually... There are no words.
Old 28-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Very nice. We were in the same ballpark I think, .
.... I believe so... And in real life, I came to realise and appreciate never to complain, as there really are many, many , billions worse off than me. The way I see it is this..... Billions would actually cut their own limbs off to be me, and live my life, because theirs is so bad. But very sadly I would not ever wish to trade places with them. How terrible is that?.... But we are getting "maudling"..... I think the next poem I post will be a silly one !!!....
Old 28-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Elfin

Here goes with "silly me ".... Because sometimes we have just "GOT" to be silly.....!

......YOUNG MORRIS......

Master Morris Hogurt COULD
Not stop drinking milk........
He drank it morning noon and night ..
He said "It tastes like silk" .
He drank ten pints for breakfast..
For lunch he drank some more,
And by the time he went to bed ,
He'd guzzled 24.
His parents said "It's good for him........
He'll grow quite big and strong".
Oh Silly , silly, parents,
They could not be more wrong.
'Twas on a glorious summers day
that Morris felt quite lazy.
He went to lay down on the grass...
The sun was hot and hazy.
He lay out for an hour.
Then one hour more.
His mother shouted out to him,
She shouted from the door.
"Morris dear .....it's Milkie time ......
Come in and have your drink ".
Morris didn't make a move ,
He'd drunk his last , I think !
Morris could not shift at all.
It really was no fun.
His body was so full of milk
He'd curdled in the sun.
Poor old Morris Hogurt,
Had turned into a yogurt ................
Old 28-01-2021, 11:32 AM
Administrator
Lol very good

Namaste